FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Screen Cracked...Warranty Service?

223 posts
Thanks Meter: 35

By Who Am I?, Senior Member on 12th August 2019, 06:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anyone else broken their screen? Was golfing and hit a big bump and the phone fell out and hit the concrete. There are now several cracks through it but everything works fine. Luckily I bought the 6 month warranty but has anyone gone thru this? Website says 7-9 days. They offer no temporary replacement but I still have my old Samsung S8+. Not sure what other people would do in this situation.

I just chatted in and apparently I never activated my 6 month protection plan on the device. They had me contact Servify who said it is activated and the repair process goes through them not One Plus. This is strange

Also said the 6 month protection plan is a one time use so its void after this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190812_095325.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	249.4 KB
ID:	4805182  

12th August 2019, 06:14 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
By the way this case was on it. No back glass damage and the bezel has one tiny chip in it that Im not worried about. I think it hit there initially

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RSJP1H4/
12th August 2019, 06:48 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I broke My OP7 pro and sent it in for repair from Denmark to Poland through Oneplus

Price is aprox 164 euro
The repairdate is sofar estimated to 12 days from arrival to workshop(I'm still waiting that they start repairing)
12th August 2019, 07:11 PM |#4  
Flag Chemnitz
Thanks Meter: 25

Donate to Me
More
dropped mine on the concrete on a parking lot..3 cracks on 3 corners
long story short: sent it for repair to the netherlands and after 1 week i got it back

i payed around 200€ and everything got replaced ( no warranty of course)
12th August 2019, 07:50 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
6 month warranty was $39, deductible is $49 so Im saving a little. Although they haven't asked for that $49 yet

Repair was approved by One Plus. Got a prepaid overnight FedEX shipping label, phone is going to the Acer Repair Center in TX. Now I need to backup everything ughhhh

I guess on the bright side I get to use my S8+ camera again haha
12th August 2019, 08:56 PM |#6  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 2,011

More
Bummer, but good they will repair it...
13th August 2019, 12:01 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Think I have everything backed up. Dropping it off tonight
13th August 2019, 04:37 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
First time I ever broke a phone was with my 7 Pro I think it ended up being $227 or 247 total after everything to send to them, repair screen, and send back. No warranty obviously since again... Never even came close to breaking a phone prior to this one... But I've also always had Samsung devices with protecting cases. I kinda skimped on it this time so 100% my fault.
13th August 2019, 05:09 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Am I?

By the way this case was on it. No back glass damage and the bezel has one tiny chip in it that Im not worried about. I think it hit there initially

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RSJP1H4/

i had that case for 2 hours. it feels so nice but its so damn slippery. i returned it asap. using a encased scorpio, and am currently customizing a rhinoshield solidsuit.
14th August 2019, 05:48 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Wow I have no complaints about the case. Not slippery at all!

Phone was delivered this morning and 9 minutes later One Plus said it was delivered. An hour later I get an email from Acer saying I need a new LCD Assembly and its $223.32US. I call and talk to the lady and tell her I have the warranty. She says they dont handle warranty claims and I need to send it to Servify. So they are overnighting it back to me so I can send it to Servify. Fun stuff
15th August 2019, 02:12 AM |#11  
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 807

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strictlyphat

i had that case for 2 hours. it feels so nice but its so damn slippery. i returned it asap. using a encased scorpio, and am currently customizing a rhinoshield solidsuit.

Even more slippery than the supplies case? I swear to God,that the factory supplied case is like a bar of soap.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)