FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Switching from S10+ worth it?

228 posts
Thanks Meter: 35

By Nitro1max1, Senior Member on 12th August 2019, 08:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Every year I upgrade to the latest S series device. But I end up getting bored and honestly want something different in between. I'm highly considering getting the one plus 7 pro because of the new 90hz 6.7 display . Anyone make the switch from the S10+ and regret it? I used to love the idea of rooting and custom roms so that might be a nice touch to keep me interested in the device. Just wanted some opinions, the note 10+ also has my attention because of ufs3.1 and the slightly tweaked cameras. Price isn't really a factor

12th August 2019, 08:53 PM |#2  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 2,011

More
I did and haven't looked back...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to galaxys For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift galaxys Ad-Free
12th August 2019, 09:46 PM |#3  
Flag J'Ville
Thanks Meter: 4,221

Donate to Me
More
More freedom and less bloatware
The Following User Says Thank You to Bradl79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bradl79 Ad-Free
13th August 2019, 01:29 AM |#4  
Flag Seattle, Washington
Thanks Meter: 189

More
Don't upgrade from S10+, because it's the same processor. Wait until next year to get a phone with a X55 5G modem (better than this year's X50 5G).
13th August 2019, 01:38 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Since your asking in the op7pro forum most will say this is the best what ever there reasons. But I've had the device 2 times and bought times got rid of it... 90hz refresh is a gimmick, not realistic... I've own the s10 plus and it does not have that much bloatware and almost everything is uninstallable. I didn't like the one plus design,you can root but meh more problems the stability, cameras have improved since launch but still not up to par, good battery life, sound is decent. The s10 plus had everything you could want and if you get the exynos you can root if you want. (and don't let yourself be fooled by reviews of exynos not being as good as SD it's not true) I've used it and played the same games on both s10 plus and op7pro. My recent op7pro I traded it for a mate 20 pro 8/256 twilight.... All I can say is this is the best phone I have ever used, yes it does have a notch but I have never mind that sound can come out low but there's an app that fixes thatthing else just insane. It haves a 60hz refresh and it feels smoother that any other Android I've had.
13th August 2019, 02:32 AM |#6  
Flag Seattle, Washington

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dami00976

Since your asking in the op7pro forum most will say this is the best what ever there reasons. But I've had the device 2 times and bought times got rid of it... 90hz refresh is a gimmick, not realistic... I've own the s10 plus and it does not have that much bloatware and almost everything is uninstallable. I didn't like the one plus design,you can root but meh more problems the stability, cameras have improved since launch but still not up to par, good battery life, sound is decent. The s10 plus had everything you could want and if you get the exynos you can root if you want. (and don't let yourself be fooled by reviews of exynos not being as good as SD it's not true) I've used it and played the same games on both s10 plus and op7pro. My recent op7pro I traded it for a mate 20 pro 8/256 twilight.... All I can say is this is the best phone I have ever used, yes it does have a notch but I have never mind that sound can come out low but there's an app that fixes thatthing else just insane. It haves a 60hz refresh and it feels smoother that any other Android I've had.

I agree 90Hz refresh is a gimmick. People experience a placebo-type effect, I think. The only worthwhile upgrade would come next year when X55 5G modems get used. The S10+ is fantastic, but I didn't buy it because of no bootloader unlock on US Snapdragon variants.
The Following User Says Thank You to jhofseth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jhofseth Ad-Free
13th August 2019, 03:11 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I bit the bullet and ordered one. Yes I realize it had the same basic specs, and I can live with the features I'll be losing. Worse case scenario I keep the S10+ and sell the 7 Pro. I'm praying the display is close to par with the AMOLED screen, and the larger screen size will be a bonus too. I'm expecting the software and the fluentness to impress me. Anyone know if there's a way to disable the volume slider though, not a fan of the physical slider.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nitro1max1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nitro1max1 Ad-Free
13th August 2019, 04:15 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 241

More
90hz a gimmick? WTF? Yeh so are 120hz screens and 4k tv . You must be 1/100000 that can't notice the difference.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to equlizer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift equlizer Ad-Free
13th August 2019, 06:49 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
90hz IS ABSOLUTELY NOT a gimmick and every other phone to me looks painful after looking at amazing refresh rate of my phone. The 90hz is the real icing on top for this phone which is great in every single way. Great battery life which has been doing nothing but getting better with time due to the phone optimizing itself based on your usage. The screen is big and notch/ hole punch free and the sound is nice and loud while being crisp at the same time. And the camera is not the best but it's not disappointing either. I'm happy with it and I take a decent amount of pictures.

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton999GS

90hz IS ABSOLUTELY NOT a gimmick and every other phone to me looks painful after looking at amazing refresh rate of my phone. The 90hz is the real icing on top for this phone which is great in every single way. Great battery life which has been doing nothing but getting better with time due to the phone optimizing itself based on your usage. The screen is big and notch/ hole punch free and the sound is nice and loud while being crisp at the same time. And the camera is not the best but it's not disappointing either. I'm happy with it and I take a decent amount of pictures.

However, should you move from an S10+ to this
I'm not too sure about that. Unless it's an even trade or you throw in like 50 bucks towards it stay where you are.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Easton999GS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Easton999GS Ad-Free
13th August 2019, 07:05 AM |#10  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 209

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dami00976

Just Compare Pes 2019 on high settings on both exynos & sd. You'll know the difference. Regarding 90 hz I can say that after using this Device If I scroll in App Drawer in my Xs Max I can literally see the icons stuttering or dragging.
Screen Doesn't gets as bright but it is comparable to iPhone on natural mode. I would suggest OP if he's using a SD S10 he should stick with it. Also I would suggest to Uninstall the Netflix app pre installed,If You Don't want dark videos
13th August 2019, 08:13 AM |#11  
Flag Seattle, Washington

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by equlizer

90hz a gimmick? WTF? Yeh so are 120hz screens and 4k tv . You must be 1/100000 that can't notice the difference.

https://youtu.be/7BuP4W5Cae4

PREVIEW
3:11
Speed Test G: OnePlus 7 Pro 60Hz vs 90Hz
YouTube ยท Gary Explains
1 month ago

Apparently, running at 90Hz slightly decreases graphical performance on the OnePlus 7 Pro.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)