FORUMS

First things/tips to do with the phone

47 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By Hesselberg, Member on 20th May 2020, 11:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
I'm getting the 12/256 version tomorrow. What are the things I should change? Should I flash a custom kernel? Gcam?
20th May 2020, 01:47 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 49

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesselberg

Hello,
I'm getting the 12/256 version tomorrow. What are the things I should change? Should I flash a custom kernel? Gcam?

Yes, flash magisk and GCAM aux module for accessing all 3 back camera. Stock kernel is very solid with battery life so try the stock kernel for few days and go for custom kernel.
20th May 2020, 01:51 PM |#3  
Flag Niagara Falls
Thanks Meter: 795

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hello,

I recommend rooting and keeping stock with xXx no limits magisk rom + elementalx kernel(I've gotten 8hrs SOT without charging for 2 and a half days). Or paranoid android (I just switched to it so can't say much on battery life but I love this rom already)
20th May 2020, 04:38 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superac11

Yes, flash magisk and GCAM aux module for accessing all 3 back camera. Stock kernel is very solid with battery life so try the stock kernel for few days and go for custom kernel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekMcLeod

I recommend rooting and keeping stock with xXx no limits magisk rom + elementalx kernel(I've gotten 8hrs SOT without charging for 2 and a half days). Or paranoid android (I just switched to it so can't say much on battery life but I love this rom already)

If I root, is there any way to keep L1? I don't want to watch Netflix at 480p
20th May 2020, 05:07 PM |#5  
Flag Niagara Falls
Thanks Meter: 795

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I dont know what L1 is, and I tried installing Netflix to check the quality but it doesn't like my phone. Maybe because I'm running paranoid android, I'm not really sure.
20th May 2020, 07:58 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:

No, unlock bootloader means you lose widevine L1. Other even lose it forever because flashing persist.img and not even msmtool could restore. So be careful
20th May 2020, 08:11 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
For me every Phone i get i use this way :

1 : I look at the phone and see how it's really amazing check the box.. accessories.. and everything.

2: Root and install Magisk with custom recovery (immediately )

3: go through initial set-up, register my fingerprint and face lock, G account, and for me i like a fresh start on every new phone, no backup or anything.

4: Install my apps from Google play and see if there's any updates ( I disable some apps that i don't use in example Google movies & tv.. Facebook.. G photos)

5: I Go to settings and I change some functions, and from customization - tone i prefer my phone to be fully dark , Also i change the ringtone and some sounds and i disable both lockscreen, screenshot and dial pad sounds.

6: I take care of my home screen, I rearrange the icons widgets, And folders to the way i like. And my homescreen set up is the same on every phone, I like everything to be simple and( stockish).

And here are some information of my OnePlus 7 pro

Keyboard: SwiftKey
Launcher: OnePlus launcher
Magisk modes: only 2 ( 1 for iOS emojies and special font and 2 make the camera zoom up to 20x)
ROM: OxygenOS 10.3.2 based on Android 10

And that's it, Enjoy your new OnePlus 7 pro You will absolutely gonna love it
21st May 2020, 04:29 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekMcLeod

Could you update how's your experience with PA ? I flashed it last week used it for a few days and experienced battery drain issue from 80% to 30% in 2 hours of very light usage with only spotify playing in the backgroud. Also can you flash Elementalx kernel with PA?
21st May 2020, 12:32 PM |#9  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 86

More
For me, I'm running
- latest stock rom debloated all of the unnecessary oneplus services and apps
- magisk
- arter97 kernel.. It has been giving me better battery ( increased standby and screen on time.) and much better ram management (really noticeable) since I got the 6 gb ram and with stock kernel it just wasn't able to keep as many apps as arter
22nd May 2020, 02:07 AM |#10  
Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 292

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superac11

Where can i find this aux module? I looked in my build.prop, and I don't have vendor.camera anything.

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs
22nd May 2020, 04:51 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 49

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabril15

Where can i find this aux module? I looked in my build.prop, and I don't have vendor.camera anything.

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs

Its on the telegram gcam group or can be downloaded from celsoazevedo website
The Following User Says Thank You to superac11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift superac11 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)