FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Anyway to lock the pop up camera? - Snapchat

126 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By dude9946, Senior Member on 9th September 2019, 07:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
When using snapchat the pop up camera plays wack-a-mole while navigating menus and such... (opening and closing constantly)
Does anyone know if it's possible in general to lock the camera with another app or a mod? I don't want to stress the lifespan of the popup camera.

It would also be a super useful security feature as I've found the pop-up camera coming up when on Instagram and not even in the camera...
9th September 2019, 08:37 PM |#2  
Flag Wilder,VT
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude9946

When using snapchat the pop up camera plays wack-a-mole while navigating menus and such... (opening and closing constantly)
Does anyone know if it's possible in general to lock the camera with another app or a mod? I don't want to stress the lifespan of the popup camera.

It would also be a super useful security feature as I've found the pop-up camera coming up when on Instagram and not even in the camera...

Go as if your going to take a picture and switch to the rear camera. Once you do this it will always think you're using the rear cam and stop the front camera from popping up when I'm camera mode.
The Following User Says Thank You to canemaxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift canemaxx Ad-Free
9th September 2019, 09:08 PM |#3  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 2,052

More
Yes, just default to the rear camera...
12th September 2019, 02:33 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hamilton
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by canemaxx

Go as if your going to take a picture and switch to the rear camera. Once you do this it will always think you're using the rear cam and stop the front camera from popping up when I'm camera mode.

Did not know that this was a thing... Amazing thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)