FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

(Fixed) Oxygen OS 10 (Android 10) is not compatible with Visible or Google Fi

523 posts
Thanks Meter: 219

By oRAirwolf, Senior Member on 26th September 2019, 11:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Edit: Confirmed fixed in Oxygen OS 10.0.1

I have been struggling since Saturday with data issues on my OP7P after upgrading to Oxygen OS 10.

With Google Fi, I was able to activate the SIM in OOS 10, but the mobile data would stop working. It would work for a little while, but then I would get an exclamation mark on the signal bar and no data services would work. Reactivating the SIM by clearing the storage and cache for the Fi application would work temporarily, but the issue will just happen again. If you are on WiFi, you will not get an exclamation mark and no data services. It only appears when not connected to WiFi.

For Visible, the phone sees that a SIM has been inserted and after opening/authenticating in the Visible application, you will get a message that says it needs to check them SIM. After hitting OK, you get prompted to give permission to the application to make and receive phone calls. After that, nothing happens. The SIM never activates and service is not available.

In both instances, Google Fi and Visible support were not able to figure out how to get their respective services working on Oxygen OS 10. I reverted back to Oxygen OS 9.5.13 (last revision of OOS 9) and both services work flawlessly. My hunch is that this is a problem on OnePlus' side, considering it is happening with both providers, but either way, I hope this gets fixed because it sucks not being able to upgrade.
The Following User Says Thank You to oRAirwolf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oRAirwolf Ad-Free
27th September 2019, 12:00 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 800

More
Idk if it should be a PSA because my Google Fi works perfectly fine for me and I've been on OOS 10 for almost a week now
27th September 2019, 12:20 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver, CO

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTuco

Idk if it should be a PSA because my Google Fi works perfectly fine for me and I've been on OOS 10 for almost a week now

Did you upgrade manually or did you get the OTA? I flashed 10.0-GM21AA-OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.O.20_OTA_020_all_1909172051 and had nothing but problems.
27th September 2019, 12:28 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oRAirwolf

Did you upgrade manually or did you get the OTA? I flashed 10.0-GM21AA-OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.O.20_OTA_020_all_1909172051 and had nothing but problems.

I manually installed it cause I was impatient 😂. I was originally using magisk and Twrp for a couple days and had no problems with Fi or the OS. I did a factory reset to my phone and used the fastboot rom in order to completely wipe it just cause I felt like using stock for a couple days and still didn't have any problems on the OS. If I were you I'd try to use the fastboot rom for OOS10 just so you can start with a clean slate, maybe it'll help ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
27th September 2019, 12:47 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver, CO

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTuco

I manually installed it cause I was impatient . I was originally using magisk and Twrp for a couple days and had no problems with Fi or the OS. I did a factory reset to my phone and used the fastboot rom in order to completely wipe it just cause I felt like using stock for a couple days and still didn't have any problems on the OS. If I were you I'd try to use the fastboot rom for OOS10 just so you can start with a clean slate, maybe it'll help ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I had originally flashed the ROM that I downloaded from Oxygen Updater through TWRP while trying to preserve root w/ Magisk. After I couldn't resolve the issue with Fi, I flashed the Fastboot ROM for OOS10 like you. I still had major problems with both Fi and Visible. I flashed the Fastboot ROM for 9.5.13 and all of the problems magically went away. I am not the only person having these issues, so it seems pretty widespread. Visible does not work at all with OOS 10.
The Following User Says Thank You to oRAirwolf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oRAirwolf Ad-Free
27th September 2019, 12:56 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oRAirwolf

I had originally flashed the ROM that I downloaded from Oxygen Updater through TWRP while trying to preserve root w/ Magisk. After I couldn't resolve the issue with Fi, I flashed the Fastboot ROM for OOS10 like you. I still had major problems with both Fi and Visible. I flashed the Fastboot ROM for 9.5.13 and all of the problems magically went away. I am not the only person having these issues, so it seems pretty widespread. Visible does not work at all with OOS 10.

Oh man that's weird sorry I couldn't help. Good luck, hope this thread gets some traction and more people see it
27th September 2019, 07:36 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 238

More
You guys need to get in oneplus's feedback bug threads on their web forum and report it. Also chat with them and show them your concerns because they have no idea right now. Same problem here. 9.5.13 works but Android 10 doesn't.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tdamocles For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdamocles Ad-Free
27th September 2019, 09:04 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver, CO

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdamocles

You guys need to get in oneplus's feedback bug threads on their web forum and report it. Also chat with them and show them your concerns because they have no idea right now. Same problem here. 9.5.13 works but Android 10 doesn't.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/o...sible.1109497/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oRAirwolf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oRAirwolf Ad-Free
3rd October 2019, 01:58 AM |#9  
Flag charleston
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Selecting the second apn helped, also enabled all Google fi permissions, not sure if both helped or just the apn selection. I probably threw a network reset and cache clear on play services apps for good measure since I was trying it all. Definitely try the second apn I've been good since I did that, no other combination previously seemed to work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191002-203722.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	4833975  
5th October 2019, 03:42 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver, CO

More
Has anybody gotten Visible to work on OOS 10 yet?
5th October 2019, 07:12 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Lame

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)