FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android 10 for Oneplus 7 Pro Sucks

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By Snowolf940, Junior Member on 4th November 2019, 04:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All,

So I have been trying to switch to android 10 couple times (3 exact) but because of it's bugs/annoyances it is really impossible to have it as a daily driver. Here are couple that I've found:
- bottom chin when keyboard is enabled (like really, what the hell. I know that for some folks that option is great and all, but it is making the keyboard unusable for me. I often touch the spot where the space bar should be and because of that writing seems very uncomfortable...
- LAG WHEN COMING BACK TO HOMESCREEN FROM APP - this is the biggest one for me. That problem occurs when you are using a custom launcher (like Nova, Evie etc.). Every time when you are coming from app to the homescreen, there is slightly delay in animation (like icons need some time to load...). That for me is biggest issue. Why do I need to withstand the lag in the system, when I have the fastest android smartphone on the planet?! Yet still i haven't found an solution for that (besides turning the animation completely off....)

If you don't have any those (or similar) problems and for you this update is gods gift then please don't respond....

I'am really disappointed with this Update and it seems that Oneplus is not going fix/change anything at all with it because they have already started rolling out the updates for Oneplus 6...

Feel free to comment on that topic
Thanks
PaweĊ‚
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Snowolf940 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Snowolf940 Ad-Free
4th November 2019, 05:40 PM |#2  
Flag Best Coast
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Just so you know the keyboard space is on every phone with Android 10, it is part of Googles implementation of gestures. It allows the use of gestures while the keyboard is open without typing or typing without triggering gestures.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whoamanwtf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift whoamanwtf Ad-Free
4th November 2019, 05:42 PM |#3  
Flag SL,UT
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Have you thought of using the stock luncher?...
4th November 2019, 06:49 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
@Snowolf940

Well Mr. Snow wolf, "sucks" is a relative term but I found 10.0.0 too buggy for me so I moved back to 9.5.11 and waited for another update.

10.0.1 solved all of the issues that bothered me except that annoying space under the keyboard. That made it so difficult to type for me. I understand the frustration there.

I stumbled upon this awesome fix yesterday here at xda. -100 did it best for me. The -75 was not enough removal of space.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...0-0-1-t3987731

I haven't noticed the animation lag on Nova (which I am using) you were speaking about so sorry I can't help with that. But I would genuinely be surprised if it wasn't ironed out in the next update which personally I would guess would be soon.

I hope this helps you. Hang in there man. There will be better days ahead.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDROIDS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JDROIDS Ad-Free
4th November 2019, 07:14 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I don't know exactly what the issue with the keyboard layout is, but my keyboard hasn't changed.

EnhancedIME - AOSP with swipe
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ments-t3366639
4th November 2019, 08:25 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerNZ

I don't know exactly what the issue with the keyboard layout is, but my keyboard hasn't changed.

EnhancedIME - AOSP with swipe
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ments-t3366639

It has been stated many times across many threads here at xda regarding the space between the keyboard and the bottom of the phone when using gestures (not a nav bar). When someone is not used to that space, users are hitting it accidentally instead of the spacebar creating many errors in typing. If you are using a navbar this does not apply. The keyboard you are using is not relevant either.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDROIDS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JDROIDS Ad-Free
5th November 2019, 12:58 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cervantesjc

Have you thought of using the stock luncher?...

Why? I Have android Phone because of the modifications/customizations you can make...
My Evie launcher has options that stock launcher Just doesnt Have. Also the delay doesnt appear on android 9...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDROIDS

@Snowolf940

Well Mr. Snow wolf, "sucks" is a relative term but I found 10.0.0 too buggy for me so I moved back to 9.5.11 and waited for another update.

10.0.1 solved all of the issues that bothered me except that annoying space under the keyboard. That made it so difficult to type for me. I understand the frustration there.

I stumbled upon this awesome fix yesterday here at xda. -100 did it best for me. The -75 was not enough removal of space.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...0-0-1-t3987731

I haven't noticed the animation lag on Nova (which I am using) you were speaking about so sorry I can't help with that. But I would genuinely be surprised if it wasn't ironed out in the next update which personally I would guess would be soon.

I hope this helps you. Hang in there man. There will be better days ahead.

I have heard that this option also cut the toast notifications which is bad

I am just really disappointed with this update. I have thought that the company like Oneplus just can't roll out so unpolished firmware.
Right now iam afraid that going back to 10 will be just waste of time....

+ I also recall that I was not able to turn off the Facebook messenger vibrations without completely turning them off...
5th November 2019, 02:53 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf940

Why? I Have android Phone because of the modifications/customizations you can make...
My Evie launcher has options that stock launcher Just doesnt Have. Also the delay doesnt appear on android 9...

I have heard that this option also cut the toast notifications which is bad

I am just really disappointed with this update. I have thought that the company like Oneplus just can't roll out so unpolished firmware.
Right now iam afraid that going back to 10 will be just waste of time....

+ I also recall that I was not able to turn off the Facebook messenger vibrations without completely turning them off...

I have not had this issue with the toast notification. I also haven't had the animation issue either. There are users having no problems at all on 10 so maybe you need to investigate more.

My only issue was with the keyboard and that modification fixed it.

You have other companies literally breaking wifi and data with updates so if OnePlus adds a space under the keyboard which has a fix, I think most will think it's okay.

But I would at least try the keyboard fix instead of just complaining when others are giving solutions.

The Facebook thing I don't know because I don't use Facebook and that app is the worst app for a phone known to man.
5th November 2019, 04:29 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I've noticed some apps crashing, but I'm rooted so it is what it is. Overall no major issues here
12th November 2019, 09:27 AM |#10  
Earth
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Android auto also fully broken.. it's a shame

Inviato dal mio GM1913 utilizzando Tapatalk
12th November 2019, 03:50 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 285

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ssnet

Android auto also fully broken.. it's a shame

Inviato dal mio GM1913 utilizzando Tapatalk

Nope. Tons of people report Android Auto works fine on 10
The Following User Says Thank You to Arden144 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Arden144 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)