Direct link for Full Zip: https://otafsg1.h2os.com/patch/amazo...d6dc784e81.zip

Changelog: Screenshot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	changelog.jpg
Views:	1818
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	4970347  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rootSU Ad-Free
13th March 2020, 01:14 PM |#2  
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Mine says installation failed at 79% using incremental update from oxygen updater app 🤔
The Following User Says Thank You to hoseth0711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hoseth0711 Ad-Free
13th March 2020, 01:57 PM |#3  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 414

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Open Beta 10 Out.
Direct link for Full Zip: https://otafsg1.h2os.com/patch/amazo...d6dc784e81.zip

Changelog: Screenshot

Downloading now, I'm rooted with twrp and decrypted so should install with no problems through twrp, will report back, thanks for sharing my friend, cheers.
13th March 2020, 02:06 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec303

Downloading now, I'm rooted with twrp and decrypted so should install with no problems through twrp, will report back, thanks for sharing my friend, cheers.

Sounds good. Are you currently on OB9?
13th March 2020, 02:09 PM |#5  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 414

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRooterKev

Sounds good. Are you currently on OB9?

No, 10.0.4, cheers.
13th March 2020, 02:18 PM |#6  
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoseth0711

Mine says installation failed at 79% using incremental update from oxygen updater app 🤔

Update: I had to download and install it through built in updater function as a full update. But I'm now on beta 10
13th March 2020, 03:20 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Can someone tell me how to update without loosing root? Last time I did it (with magisk retention script) I ended up in bootloop and had to reset my whole device.
13th March 2020, 03:53 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldesarra

Can someone tell me how to update without loosing root? Last time I did it (with magisk retention script) I ended up in bootloop and had to reset my whole device.

I just follow this steps and I safely update with keeping my root and twrp. (Thanks to @HippoMan)

To be clear and complete, these are the steps that I followed (there are a couple of minor clarifications here to what I wrote in my earlier message on this subject) ...

1. Download the ROM and copy it onto the top-level directory of your sdcard. I got OB10 via the Oxygen Updater app, and it also can be found elsewhere.

2. Uninstall all Magisk modules

3. Reboot

4. Go to Settings->System->System Updates and click on the little gear on the upper right. Then, select Local upgrade, select the ROM on your sdcard, and start the installation

5. After the installation is complete, *** DO NOT REBOOT ***

6. Run Magisk Manager, go to Downloads, and then search for, download, and install the TWRP A/B Retention Script.

7, After this module installation is complete, *** DO NOT REBOOT ***

8. Immediately go to the main page of the Magisk Manager, and in the "Magisk is up to date" section, select INSTALL->INSTALL->Install to inactive slot(After OTA)

9. After this completes, reboot.

10. Your device should come back up rooted and with OB10 shown in Settings->About phone->Build number

11. If you have been using Smurf, boot into recovery and flash it again. Then, reboot back to System (I'm not sure whether reflashing Smurf is actually necessary, but it doesn't do any harm).

12. Reinstall all your formerly installed Magisk modules. You'll notice that the A/B Retention Script is not showing as "installed", and this is correct. It is just used as a one-time setup before the Install to inactive slot step, described above.

Steps 1 through 11 took less than 30 minutes, with steps 1 and 4 taking the longest. I have a number of Magisk modules, so step 12 took maybe 10 minutes more, because I rebooted after each individual Magisk module was reinstalled, in order to make sure that its installation was successful.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sudanking For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sudanking Ad-Free
13th March 2020, 04:48 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Google
Thanks Meter: 127

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanking

I just follow this steps and I safely update with keeping my root and twrp. (Thanks to @HippoMan)

To be clear and complete, these are the steps that I followed (there are a couple of minor clarifications here to what I wrote in my earlier message on this subject) ...

1. Download the ROM and copy it onto the top-level directory of your sdcard. I got OB10 via the Oxygen Updater app, and it also can be found elsewhere.

2. Uninstall all Magisk modules

3. Reboot

4. Go to Settings->System->System Updates and click on the little gear on the upper right. Then, select Local upgrade, select the ROM on your sdcard, and start the installation

5. After the installation is complete, *** DO NOT REBOOT ***

6. Run Magisk Manager, go to Downloads, and then search for, download, and install the TWRP A/B Retention Script.

7, After this module installation is complete, *** DO NOT REBOOT ***

8. Immediately go to the main page of the Magisk Manager, and in the "Magisk is up to date" section, select INSTALL->INSTALL->Install to inactive slot(After OTA)

9. After this completes, reboot.

10. Your device should come back up rooted and with OB10 shown in Settings->About phone->Build number

11. If you have been using Smurf, boot into recovery and flash it again. Then, reboot back to System (I'm not sure whether reflashing Smurf is actually necessary, but it doesn't do any harm).

12. Reinstall all your formerly installed Magisk modules. You'll notice that the A/B Retention Script is not showing as "installed", and this is correct. It is just used as a one-time setup before the Install to inactive slot step, described above.

Steps 1 through 11 took less than 30 minutes, with steps 1 and 4 taking the longest. I have a number of Magisk modules, so step 12 took maybe 10 minutes more, because I rebooted after each individual Magisk module was reinstalled, in order to make sure that its installation was successful.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Shouldn't be that difficult.
  • Download the full zip from OP
  • Remove all the current Magisk Modules just to be safe
  • Boot into TWRP
  • Flash the OTA zip
  • Flash TWRP 76 zip
  • Reboot into Recovery
  • Flash Magisk Canary Zip
  • Boot to system

That's what I always follow, and it has never failed me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rootSU Ad-Free
13th March 2020, 05:28 PM |#10  
Flag Wrocław
Thanks Meter: 5

More
With each update icons, fonts and whole UI seems to be larger and larger. It looks awful.
13th March 2020, 05:30 PM |#11  
Flag Iasi
Thanks Meter: 1,194

More
1- uninstall Magisk modules.
2- install Oos stable/open beta with Settings > Local upgrade . DON'T reboot!!!
3- back to Magisk > Downloads. Install TWRP A/B Retention Script. DON'T reboot!!!
4- back in Magisk. Touch install. Choose (Install to inactive slot after' OTA)
5- reboot to system.

Now you have latest Oos ob10, twrp 3.3.1_79 & Magisk Canary root. I updated this way from ob5...
I was on Oos 10.0.4, twrp 3.3.1_76, Magisk Canary form 12.02.2020.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200313-184639.jpg
Views:	1088
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	4970581   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200313-184707.jpg
Views:	1086
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	4970583  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to null0seven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift null0seven Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)