By Whoareyou, Senior Member on 28th January 2020, 10:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the 
 app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about unlocking your bootloader and how it pertains to you.
 * before flashing ANYTHING YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

The time is finally here, the day you’ve been eagerly anticipating, you can now unlock the bootloader on your Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro 5G (GM1925)!

*NOTE: UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER ON THIS PHONE WILL PREVENT YOU FROM INSTALLING FUTURE UPDATES VIA OTA, MEANING THEY'LL NEED TO BE FLASHED WITH FASTBOOT OR YOU'LL NEED TO REFLASH STOCK AND RELOCK THE BOOTLOADER TO UPDATE.*.

THERE IS NOT A FEE FOR UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER, THE PART OF THIS THAT COSTS MONEY IS THE SHIPPING, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE, THAT IS WELCOME AS WELL.

Starting now, you can place a request for bootloader unlock via this MAIL-IN service:

• YOUR DEVICE WILL BE WIPED DURING THE UNLOCK
  • YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR INSURING YOUR DEVICE DURING TRANSIT, IF YOU DO NOT PAY FOR INSURANCE AND ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE DURING SHIPMENT, THATS ON YOU, EVEN WHEN INSURED, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY REPLACEMENTS OR REPAIRS!
  • THIS SERVICE IS MAIL IN ONLY, PROCESS IS AS FOLLOWS:
  • You (the customer) will pay for shipping to the address of the servicer and will send return postage via PayPal before sending us your phone.
  • You are responsible for insuring the package, if you do not insure the package, and something happens, you will be out of luck, as it’s not our responsibility to replace or repair your phone if it gets lost in transit.
  • This is a one-time service, meaning that once your bootloader is unlocked and you have received your device back, if you re-lock the bootloader for ANY reason (THIS INCLUDES FLASHING STOCK FIRMWARE WITH MSMDOWNLOADTOOL), You must submit a new request and re-do the mail in process at your own expenditure.

Request will be processed on an individual basis, once we receive your request we will ask you for your:
  • Full Name
  • IMEI
  • Address for return shipping
  • Phone Number to contact you if necessary.

After receiving the device, we will flash the latest firmware and unlock the bootloader, requests will be shipped back out at the end of the week we receive the phone, or potentially sooner depending on the volume of requests.

TO MAKE A REQUEST, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS THREAD AND SEND AN EMAIL TO
:
[email protected]

We will then direct you where to ship your device, and give you an estimate of return shipping, which will need to be sent via PayPal BEFORE sending us your device.

We will reply to your request via e-mail and collect your personal information from there as well.

The mail-in method is now discontinued due to a more recent development, we (the group of us who have been testing different ways to unlock) have acquired an MSM tool that will allow unlocking the bootloader on the Sprint model without any need to mail it in or even do a remote session!

HOW-TO UNLOCK:
  1. Make sure you have the latest adb/fastboot binary installed and your driver's are fully up to date.
  2. Download the unlocking MSMDownloadTool from here: guacamoles_unlock.zip
  3. Reboot to EDL mode (Volume Up+Volume Down+USB)
  4. Allow the MSMTool to run to completion, BUT STAY ALERT!
  5. As soon as the MSMTool finishes, it will reboot the phone, DO NOT ALLOW IT TO BOOT TO THE SYSTEM, INTERRUPT THE REBOOT BY ENTERING FASTBOOT
  6. Immediately run "fastboot flashing unlock"
  7. You should now have an unlocked bootloader!

IF YOU ARE ON SLOT B, YOU MAY GET STUCK IN FASTBOOT, TO FIX THIS FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
  • fastboot --set-active=other
  • fastboot reboot-bootloader
  • Select recovery

While it's resetting press and hold volume up+down until the reset is done and you are back in fastboot
  • fastboot --set-active=other (again)
  • fastboot boot twrp.img

Download that here:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261707788
  • Once in twrp, format data again, and then try to reboot.

HAPPY FLASHING!

SCREENSHOTS FOR PROOF:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200128_152755.jpg
Views:	1882
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	4937605

Name:	IMG_20200128_152720.jpg
Views:	1888
Size:	260.2 KB
ID:	4937607

Name:	IMG_20200128_152846.jpg
Views:	1788
Size:	262.8 KB
ID:	4937609

Name:	IMG_20200128_152810.jpg
Views:	1630
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	4937611

I think a telegram is valid for this thread, nods feel free to remove if you disagree: https://t.me/joinchat/HfKADxPQ__Fs7isQUx29ww
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	OnePlus-7-Pro-5G-GM1925.jpeg
Views:	1224
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	4937569  
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Whoareyou For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Whoareyou Ad-Free
28th January 2020, 11:07 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Edit: This reply was made when it was a mail-in service. You can disregard now.

Uhh, I know this is posted by a senior member and all, but this seems super sketchy to me... Why is there any need to send it in? Do you not want your code public as of rn? Do you need specialized hardware to do it? A little explanation in that area would be nice...
28th January 2020, 11:09 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Olathe, KS
Thanks Meter: 503

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy50570

Uhh, I know this is posted by a senior member and all, but this seems super sketchy to me... Why is there any need to send it in? Do you not want your code public as of rn? Do you need specialized hardware to do it? A little explanation in that area would be nice...

Exactly that, the developer of the tool that is being used does not want the code public as of right now, but has authorized us to perform unlocks for those willing to ship their device.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whoareyou For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Whoareyou Ad-Free
28th January 2020, 11:19 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoareyou

Exactly that, the developer of the tool that is being used does not want the code public as of right now, but has authorized us to perform unlocks for those willing to ship their device.

Hmm... Alright, that's understandable I suppose. As for everyone else I would just proceed with caution till we have a couple confirmed success stories on here. No offense to you @Whoareyou, but I've seen this type of thing before to where many people ended up having their devices stolen because of fake mail-in services. Either way tho, fairly excited to know there's at least some possibility of a bootloader unlock! :P
28th January 2020, 11:23 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Olathe, KS

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy50570

Hmm... Alright, that's understandable I suppose. As for everyone else I would just proceed with caution till we have a couple confirmed success stories on here. No offense to you @Whoareyou, but I've seen this type of thing before to where many people ended up having their devices stolen because of fake mail-in services. Either way tho, fairly excited to know there's at least some possibility of a bootloader unlock! :P

Totally understand your hesitation, I'd be wary too, hopefully a few will take the plunge so some trust can be formed here.
29th January 2020, 12:51 AM |#6  
Flag Barberton
Thanks Meter: 150

More
I have more proof that this works if you guys would like...
29th January 2020, 12:58 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 150

Donate to Me
More
I too can vouch that this works.
29th January 2020, 06:33 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Hahaha you still have no proper twrp and roms and I highly doubt this will change that....
29th January 2020, 06:59 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Olathe, KS

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdg4y

Hahaha you still have no proper twrp and roms and I highly doubt this will change that....

TWRP is already unified for the 5G variant and works fine,
See this post about ROMs:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...m-gsi-t4042583
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Whoareyou For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Whoareyou Ad-Free
29th January 2020, 08:19 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 497

More
His method is confirmed working. I have TWRP installed and magisk working correctly. I currently went through his process. It's honestly nice as hell for him to be offering this service for free.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lreyes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lreyes Ad-Free
30th January 2020, 12:51 AM |#11  
Flag Chesapeake, VA
Thanks Meter: 49

More
I'm def looking into this next payday.
The Following User Says Thank You to Philosophy757 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Philosophy757 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)