FORUMS

[Guide] [No Root] Better Dolby Atmos control (how to get real audio equalizer)

117 posts
Thanks Meter: 108

By Rayekk, Senior Member on 23rd May 2020, 03:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone!

Some time ago I was looking for a way to get a system audio equalizer and I accidentally found an application that can be very useful for all of you!

As you know, OnePlus 7 Pro has Dolby Atmos support, but controlling it is limited to 3 presets, we cannot control the sound ourselves, we can only do it after connecting headphones, previously I had the Galaxy S9, which also has Dolby Atmos, but there is full access to the equalizer that significantly improves the sound quality, which is why I was surprised that OnePlus does not give us such a possibility, as far as I know equalier for the speaker was once available in the global version of the software, but later they removed it in the update.
It turns out that we can control Dolby Atmos ourselves, only the phone settings application does not allow it, but you can work around it!

In these few steps you will get full control over Dolby Atmos and even be able to turn it off:

Step 1: Download "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" to your computer, then enable USB debugging on your phone, then connect the phone to the computer and run the file "cmd-here", which you will find in the folder with ADB and Fastboot.

Step 2: Now you need to debloat the Dolby Atmos system controller, to do this, you must enter the following commands in the fastboot console: (don't forget to allow USB debugging on your phone! After connecting the phone to the computer, the phone will ask you if you allow it)
Code:
adb shell
pm uninstall --user 0 com.oneplus.sound.tuner
If all went well, then you should see the message "Success" in the console, now you need to restart the phone, when it reboots, you will not find the "Dolby Atmos" in the phone's settings and thats okay.
If you don't do it then the Dolby settings will reset once in a while, e.g. after a system reboot, that's why you had to do step 1 and 2 first before downloading the application.

You can also restore Dolby system settings at any time using this command in adb shell, but I don't recommend doing it if you want to use another Dolby control app:
Code:
cmd package install-existing com.oneplus.sound.tuner
Step 3: Download and install the Dolby Atmos control app on your OnePlus: APKMirror download

And you're done! From now, Dolby Atmos control takes place only in this downloaded app, this is not any typical equalier you will find on Google Play, it is a Dolby system controller which means that it will work all the time, it will not be turned off when you close the app, this app replaces the Dolby system settings you just turned off.
The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to Rayekk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rayekk Ad-Free
24th May 2020, 06:58 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I will try this ASAP.... Thanks for the efforts man
24th May 2020, 09:11 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi thanks for the info
App is working in general but in music tab intelligent equalizer(balanced-warm-detailed) option doesn't make a difference. Is it same for you?
24th May 2020, 01:33 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylaandroid

Hi thanks for the info
App is working in general but in music tab intelligent equalizer(balanced-warm-detailed) option doesn't make a difference. Is it same for you?

Yes, this one function doesn't work, probably Dolby Atmos on our phones doesn't support this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rayekk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rayekk Ad-Free
24th May 2020, 09:17 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Works great with native dolby removed via adb, since i am not rooted at the moment. for me there is a difference in music with warm and balanced, but i am using dynamic with my settings. Thanks man, thanks a lot
25th May 2020, 06:56 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Any way to use it on op5 ?
25th May 2020, 06:58 PM |#7  
Flag Tamilan
Thanks Meter: 331

More
Sound very interesting @Rayekk Is there anyway to use the same in custom ROMs of OnePlus 7? Tried installing apk and it just FCs
25th May 2020, 08:16 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,913

Donate to Me
More
Just uploaded the newest Razer phone 2 Dolby UI to apkmirror. Should be live soon.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/razer-inc/dolby-atmos-4/

You're welcome. Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200525-151430.png
Views:	2960
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	5026551  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TotallyAnxious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TotallyAnxious Ad-Free
25th May 2020, 08:58 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Tried it on OP 7 pro and OP 8 pro. Works flawlessly! Now I'm wondering if there are any more versions of Dolby from different OEM's which work with our device, maybe allowing for even better sound tuning.
25th May 2020, 09:13 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 879

Donate to Me
More
New Version from Razor Phone 2 - Dolby Atmos DAX3_3.5.1.28_r1

Download https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261818370

Tested on OnePlus 7T (Should work on other OnePlus devices too)
Install and Enjoy!

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Aswin08 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aswin08 Ad-Free
25th May 2020, 09:15 PM |#11  
Flag Soest
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Is there a root version of this method too?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)