[Guide] [No Root] How to unlock Dolby Atmos equalizer (OxygenOS 10 Only!))

Search This thread

Rayekk

Oct 13, 2014
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi everyone!

Some time ago I was looking for a way to get a system audio equalizer and I accidentally found an application that can be very useful for all of you!

As you know, OnePlus 7 Pro has Dolby Atmos support, but controlling it is limited to 3 presets, we cannot control the sound ourselves, we can only do it after connecting headphones, previously I had the Galaxy S9, which also has Dolby Atmos, but there is full access to the equalizer that significantly improves the sound quality, which is why I was surprised that OnePlus does not give us such a possibility, as far as I know equalier for the speaker was once available in the global version of the software, but later they removed it in the update.
It turns out that we can control Dolby Atmos ourselves, only the phone settings application does not allow it, but you can work around it!

In these few steps you will get full control over Dolby Atmos and even be able to turn it off:

Step 1: Download "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" to your computer, then enable USB debugging on your phone, then connect the phone to the computer and run the file "cmd-here", which you will find in the folder with ADB and Fastboot.

Step 2: Now you need to debloat the Dolby Atmos system controller, to do this, you must enter the following commands in the fastboot console: (don't forget to allow USB debugging on your phone! After connecting the phone to the computer, the phone will ask you if you allow it)
Code:
adb shell
pm uninstall --user 0 com.oneplus.sound.tuner
If all went well, then you should see the message "Success" in the console, now you need to restart the phone, when it reboots, you will not find the "Dolby Atmos" in the phone's settings and thats okay.
If you don't do it then the Dolby settings will reset once in a while, e.g. after a system reboot, that's why you had to do step 1 and 2 first before downloading the application.

You can also restore Dolby system settings at any time using this command in adb shell, but I don't recommend doing it if you want to use another Dolby control app:
Code:
cmd package install-existing com.oneplus.sound.tuner

Step 3: Download and install the Dolby Atmos control app on your OnePlus: APKMirror download

And you're done! From now, Dolby Atmos control takes place only in this downloaded app, this is not any typical equalier you will find on Google Play, it is a Dolby system controller which means that it will work all the time, it will not be turned off when you close the app, this app replaces the Dolby system settings you just turned off.

Edit 04.11.2020
Dolby Atmos for OxygenOS 11 can be found in this thread.

Last edited:

ylaandroid

Nov 30, 2011
Hi thanks for the info
App is working in general but in music tab intelligent equalizer(balanced-warm-detailed) option doesn't make a difference. Is it same for you?

Sparkynis

Jul 4, 2016
Works great with native dolby removed via adb, since i am not rooted at the moment. for me there is a difference in music with warm and balanced, but i am using dynamic with my settings. Thanks man, thanks a lot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200525-151430.png
    Screenshot_20200525-151430.png
    144.3 KB · Views: 4,542

dream82

Apr 9, 2014
Tried it on OP 7 pro and OP 8 pro. Works flawlessly! Now I'm wondering if there are any more versions of Dolby from different OEM's which work with our device, maybe allowing for even better sound tuning.

Aswin08

Dec 31, 2012
OnePlus 7T
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Last edited:

marcof93

Mar 18, 2012
Foggia, Italy
Tested and working on OnePlus 7, I suggest you to post it also on OnePlus7 forum section.
If you prefer I can post it for you (of course all credits will be yours), just to inform the community of this mod.

QuantumRZ

May 23, 2014
Is it possible to execute it with terminal ? (Im rooted btw)
Because trying it in terminal i get a nullpointer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200526-125005__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20200526-125005__01.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 1,076

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone!

Some time ago I was looking for a way to get a system audio equalizer and I accidentally found an application that can be very useful for all of you!

As you know, OnePlus 7 Pro has Dolby Atmos support, but controlling it is limited to 3 presets, we cannot control the sound ourselves, we can only do it after connecting headphones, previously I had the Galaxy S9, which also has Dolby Atmos, but there is full access to the equalizer that significantly improves the sound quality, which is why I was surprised that OnePlus does not give us such a possibility, as far as I know equalier for the speaker was once available in the global version of the software, but later they removed it in the update.
    It turns out that we can control Dolby Atmos ourselves, only the phone settings application does not allow it, but you can work around it!

In these few steps you will get full control over Dolby Atmos and even be able to turn it off:

Step 1: Download "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" to your computer, then enable USB debugging on your phone, then connect the phone to the computer and run the file "cmd-here", which you will find in the folder with ADB and Fastboot.

Step 2: Now you need to debloat the Dolby Atmos system controller, to do this, you must enter the following commands in the fastboot console: (don't forget to allow USB debugging on your phone! After connecting the phone to the computer, the phone will ask you if you allow it)
    Code:
    adb shell
    pm uninstall --user 0 com.oneplus.sound.tuner
    If all went well, then you should see the message "Success" in the console, now you need to restart the phone, when it reboots, you will not find the "Dolby Atmos" in the phone's settings and thats okay.
    If you don't do it then the Dolby settings will reset once in a while, e.g. after a system reboot, that's why you had to do step 1 and 2 first before downloading the application.

You can also restore Dolby system settings at any time using this command in adb shell, but I don't recommend doing it if you want to use another Dolby control app:
    Code:
    cmd package install-existing com.oneplus.sound.tuner

Step 3: Download and install the Dolby Atmos control app on your OnePlus: APKMirror download

And you're done! From now, Dolby Atmos control takes place only in this downloaded app, this is not any typical equalier you will find on Google Play, it is a Dolby system controller which means that it will work all the time, it will not be turned off when you close the app, this app replaces the Dolby system settings you just turned off.

Edit 04.11.2020
    Dolby Atmos for OxygenOS 11 can be found in this thread.
    New Version from Razor Phone 2 - Dolby Atmos DAX3_3.5.1.28_r1

Download https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261818370

Tested on OnePlus 7T (Should work on other OnePlus devices too)
    Install and Enjoy!

Just uploaded the newest Razer phone 2 Dolby UI to apkmirror. Should be live soon.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/razer-inc/dolby-atmos-4/

You're welcome. Lol
    Works with stock Dolby Atmos.. No uninstalling required..

I don't get why OP says to uninstall inbuilt Dolby Atmos but many report there is no conflict when simply installing the app without uninstalling the inbuilt Dolby

I won't even try as i'll use V4A once i'm root

Quite funny

I just personally had problems without uninstalling the native Dolby Atmos, I just think it's a better solution, because for example in my case the Dolby settings were reset when the headphones were connected, and once every few phone reboots, quite randomly, after uninstalling the native Dolby has no problems.
    Also, uninstalling native Dolby doesn't bother you, since you still want to use the application I showed, in my opinion it's better to take one extra step than to have unexpected problems, which is why I included this step in my instructions.
    Take it from my module when I release an update with it.

Thanks, but I was already on the latest version. lol.
    I got it from neilphetamine

Download Newer version Dolby Atmos Dax3 https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82662543&postcount=10