FORUMS

[GUIDE] Mega Unbrick Guide for A Hard Bricked OnePlus 7 Pro

972 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,578

By SkandaH, XDA Portal Supporter on 28th May 2019, 08:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Similar to the previous threads for OnePlus 5, OnePlus 5T or OnePlus 6, here are the necessary packages to unbrick/revive a hard bricked OnePlus 7 Pro.

The following hardware revisions are supported:
  • GM1910: China
  • GM1911: India
  • GM1913: Europe
  • GM1917: Global/US Unlocked
Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=294744
Quote:

guacamole_21_H.04_190416_unlocked.zip

After using it, the phone will be restored to HydrogenOS aka Chinese firmware.

Quote:

guacamole_21_E.08_190515_unlocked.rar

After using it, the phone will be restored to OxygenOS 9.5.4.GM21BA aka European firmware.

Quote:

guacamole_21_O.07_190512_unlocked.zip

After using it, the phone will be restored to OxygenOS 9.5.3.GM21AA aka global firmware.

• In every case, it is possible to upgrade to latest OxygenOS by using full signed zip from this thread via Local Upgrade.
  • With the device powered off, hold Volume Up & Volume Down buttons to force it to boot to Qualcomm download mode.
  • Use the most updated signed driver (2.1.2.2 at this moment) to avoid potential issues..
  • For detailed procedures, please consult the linked threads above. There is no reason to repeat the same thing again.
  • Make sure the path of the extracted files doesn't contain any non-English character. The tool isn't unicode aware.

Source:
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to SkandaH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SkandaH Ad-Free
28th May 2019, 08:21 PM |#2  
OP XDA Portal Supporter

More
Reserved for future.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkandaH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SkandaH Ad-Free
28th May 2019, 08:29 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Thank you for this!!
28th May 2019, 08:31 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 563

More
Doesn't this leave you with a Chinese modem (limited LTE bands and roaming configs?) and critical partitions? Wouldn't an international or European tool be more suitable considering that Oxygen zips may not overwrite everything? Or is this just a temporary guide with what we have?
28th May 2019, 08:42 PM |#5  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLStarks

Doesn't this leave you with a Chinese modem (limited LTE bands and roaming configs?) and critical partitions? Wouldn't an international or European tool be more suitable considering that Oxygen zips may not overwrite everything? Or is this just a temporary guide with what we have?

Temp? yes and no, I would say. Better than warranty R&D in days no phone for use.
As far as you can revive the phone from QDL9008 back to HOS/OOS, you now have a chance Again to switch over whatever ROM or OS you want later on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jkyoho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jkyoho Ad-Free
28th May 2019, 08:59 PM |#6  
OP XDA Portal Supporter

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkyoho

Temp? yes and no, I would say. Better than warranty R&D in days no phone for use.
As far as you can revive the phone from QDL9008 back to HOS/OOS, you now have a chance Again to switch over whatever ROM or OS you want later on.

Well, that's the perfect explanation.

The Following User Says Thank You to SkandaH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SkandaH Ad-Free
28th May 2019, 09:37 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 263

More
Can you turn TMobile to int'l with this ?
28th May 2019, 10:05 PM |#8  
Flag Galloway, OH
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtcOnekid

Can you turn TMobile to int'l with this ?

What he said
28th May 2019, 10:47 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
When i start MsmdownloadtoolV4.0.exe it says :
Packet image not exist!

28th May 2019, 11:23 PM |#10  
Flag Texas City Texas
Thanks Meter: 1,898

More
Take out the Chinese characters in the file name and then try
28th May 2019, 11:59 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemossjr

Take out the Chinese characters in the file name and then try

Yep that's i though, but i finaly looking for EU version. Because i think with OTA upgrade to GMBA EU modem will not contain the good modem right ?

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

failed to install on EU model : param preprocessing and stop at 5 ou 7 sec before flashing. I tryed using anothere patched tool and not working :s
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
9008, msmdownload, qdloader, unbrick

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)