FORUMS

How to enable dun and any other apn

640 posts
Thanks Meter: 116

By ecompton59, Senior Member on 10th September 2019, 05:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Android 10 they moved apn xml to /system/product/etc make copy of xml make the changes user_visible="true" and user_editable="true" and its fixed in Android 10 Android 9 first you make 2 copys of your apn in system etc one for you to edit, one for when you mess something up it happens. in the xml you find your carrier and the dun apn add the line user_visable="true" it works this way you need to be able to see apn but not be able to write to it be careful after you edit copy it to back to system/etc change permission 0644 and reboot. the xml is UPDATED for Android 10 place in /system/product/etc/apns-conf.xml I did in twrp i put Android 10 in mega so it could be downloaded NEWos 10.0.2 NEW product/ect download link
New https://mega.nz/#!ShFlTQwT!iNY2aIlcd...zoFtvmv9WZCKC0 for system/ect https://mega.nz/#!T8EHTYqY!TPNslQzQ-...CNjoF5c39AJmZM the ect controls mtu i have them matching for 310260
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190910-120243.jpg
Views:	3246
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	4817780   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190907-170652__01.jpg
Views:	3240
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	4817781   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191004-222144_1.jpg
Views:	2886
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	4835753   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191004-222114.jpg
Views:	2674
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	4835755   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191004-222129.jpg
Views:	2562
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	4835757   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191004-190441.jpg
Views:	2484
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	4835759  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ecompton59 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ecompton59 Ad-Free
13th September 2019, 03:22 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 416

More
Won't this get you kicked off your carrier for excessive use?
15th September 2019, 04:43 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lexington,sc

More
never it just allows dun very easy I decompiled the framework.apk changed mtu dont prefer apn also but no they allow unlimited on TMobile but they only see it as data it unblocks apn after change you reboot and it's there just keep read only you only delete line user_visable"false" I used my manager to do so and changed permission to 0644 and root ownership and copied over in twrp I tested with file manager it just unlocks it if you change user_editable to true on main apn you can open speed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ecompton59 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ecompton59 Ad-Free
4th October 2019, 04:28 PM |#4  
Flag North East
Thanks Meter: 1,448

More
Tried to follow this, having a heck of a time.

I went into system etc apn xml, found my carrier apn named T-Mobile LTE
But it didn't match the apn in settings under access point names. Also you said to also find the dun, there was no dun for TMobile LTE any where. I seen dun entries for other TMobile apns, but not the one named TMobile LTE. There were manyother TMobile entries, like TMobile US 160, 260, 270 and a bunch of other numbers. Under my settings/access points, the apn selected is named TMobile LTE with no number after, so I figure that's what I need to look for in the xml, so I find it, but again, the info under it doesnt match the MCC and MCN numbers don't match and the Apn type doesn't either. For example , in my settings/access points, the last apn type is xcap, but in the xml xcap isnt there, there's just default, supl. Mentioned it because Im guessing they need to match? But they don't.

Also, when I do find the right one in the apn xml what exactly am I supposed to do?

Delete user_viable=false Ok I understand that, but where exactly is that supposed to be? Under my carrier? If so, I'm using solid file explorer, so I searched the words user_viable= false and thru out the entire XML file there are only 4 instances of user_viable= false and they are all under Verizon apns. So I'm not sure what's up with this, because it's definitely not under the TMobile apns.

And then you said NOT to delete read_only=true? Ok I understand that , but again, is that supposed to be under my carrier right?

So basically, when I find the correct apn in the xml, user_ viable = false should listed, and I'm supposed to delete that, then save and change permissions to 0644 and reboot? Then after reboot go into settings/access points and reset apn.

Is that right? If it is, good
Now I have to figure out how to find the right apn in the apnxml file.

Sorry for all this trouble.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sheetzie03 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sheetzie03 Ad-Free
4th October 2019, 11:56 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lexington,sc

More
kinda but make a copy of apn xml to internal or sd can't modify while system is using it use mt manager app I have English version if needed it lets you jump to line you need and backs it up but after you copied XML you can modify it I've put xml back in system with twrp fixed permission 0644 rebooted and fixed permission my file explorer check ownership make sure it's root you then can reset apn in settings and what you set works, on pcweb user_editable false I think works best (like mms you can see but not edit system will use if it's there) if you need my manager English I'll send if you tell me apn and oos version I'll make you one if you're having issue I always like to help when I can
The Following User Says Thank You to ecompton59 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ecompton59 Ad-Free
5th October 2019, 12:12 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lexington,sc

More
that's how I moved and ownership with my manager and I use project fi apn because I decompiled my framework config_respects hold carrier config to false and config dont prefer son to true you can use gravity box to do that that's not needed I've changed a lot mtu 1500 I helped build a few ROMs so not a noob lol
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20191004-190213.jpg
Views:	970
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	4835657  
The Following User Says Thank You to ecompton59 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ecompton59 Ad-Free
5th October 2019, 04:10 AM |#7  
Flag North East

More
I appreciate your time and you trying to help.

I'm still lost though. Sorry

I'm on the OnePlus 7 pro, On Tmoble

Ok I'll make a copy of the apn xml and place it on sd card, so then I'm able to edit it. But what exactly am I looking for?

I'm on TMobile, the name of my apn applied under Settings-WiFi & Internet-Mobile Data- Access Point Names is TMobile LTE, so when I open the xml find in a root explorer, am I looking for the entry named TMobile LTE, right? Once I find that, you said to delete the line user_viable=false, but there is no such line, and there also isn't a DUN entry.

Please try to direct me step by step if possible, considering my exact situation stated above.

Thank you very much ecompton
5th October 2019, 04:21 AM |#8  
Flag North East

More
Here are screenshots of the xml entry that I think is the correct one, and the 2nd screenshots are of my apn in settings.

Do you see anything here that is correct or incorrect?

You see how there is no user_viable=false or no dun entry.

You see the apn entry in the xml file doesn't match the apn in settings? Should they match? Or no?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20191004-231606.jpg
Views:	904
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	4835779   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191004-231655.jpg
Views:	888
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	4835781   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191004-231701.jpg
Views:	882
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	4835783  
5th October 2019, 03:21 PM |#9  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 159

More
If you don't want to root, there's another way.
Go to your APN settings and set "MVNO type" to "GID" and "MVNO value" to "FF", save and go back, other operator specific APNs will be gone.
You won't be able to create (or add) DUN configurations but that would also cause the "default" APN to be used instead of your operator's DUN configuratoin.
Enjoy!
5th October 2019, 05:14 PM |#10  
Flag North East

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddler

If you don't want to root, there's another way.
Go to your APN settings and set "MVNO type" to "GID" and "MVNO value" to "FF", save and go back, other operator specific APNs will be gone.
You won't be able to create (or add) DUN configurations but that would also cause the "default" APN to be used instead of your operator's DUN configuratoin.
Enjoy!

Thanks for the reply.

To Bo clear, I'm already rooted.

But I still tried what you said, after I hit save, and go back like you said, nothing changed, the same apn with all the same settings that was applied b4 is selected.

Is that is what's supposed to happen?

Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to Sheetzie03 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sheetzie03 Ad-Free
5th October 2019, 09:45 PM |#11  
FrEsNo CA
Thanks Meter: 267

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecompton59

that's how I moved and ownership with my manager and I use project fi apn because I decompiled my framework config_respects hold carrier config to false and config dont prefer son to true you can use gravity box to do that that's not needed I've changed a lot mtu 1500 I helped build a few ROMs so not a noob lol

What theme u using?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)