FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

OnePlus 7 Pro - Favourite rom and why?

2,897 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,025

By cd993, Senior Member on 29th August 2019, 10:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys.

I've created a thread like this for previous devices and think it's time to start one here too, now that we have a wealth of roms to choose from!

This can be a place to have a general chat about which rom you're currently running as your daily driver and for which reasons, such as stability, features, update frequency etc.

I'll kick it off saying that I'm on HavicOS at present. It's feature-rich, nippy and updates are relatively frequent! Though I do experience the odd bug every now and then, such as the screen not turning on at times forcing me to reboot, some weird camera behaviour and no WiFi calling.

I'm tempted to go back to OOS and use a magisk rom, such as Renovate, just for pure stability, as well as the temptation to try out the newly released Official Resurrection Remix rom!

Your turn.....

29th August 2019, 10:33 AM |#2  
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 321

More
I'm really liking Bliss. I've used it in the past way back on my Nexus 5. It's got a lot of features, and runs smoothly!
29th August 2019, 10:34 AM |#3  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 857

More
OOS because best battery life
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pro_granade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pro_granade Ad-Free
29th August 2019, 02:22 PM |#4  
Flag roma
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Stock rom because is a oneplus
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vuoshino For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vuoshino Ad-Free
29th August 2019, 02:35 PM |#5  
Flag Iasi
Thanks Meter: 1,085

More
Oxygen OS for gestures. Well done, stable, with all i need/want.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to null0seven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift null0seven Ad-Free
29th August 2019, 04:09 PM |#6  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I would take Havoc over OOS because of AOSP is soooo nice built and with alot of nice handy features in Havoc. But with alot of bugs in Havoc with gestures, some apps not really optimised for AOSP like they run on OOS and just that OOS just a tiny bit faster in everyway I moved back to stock yesterday and keeping it that way for a couple weeks for more stable updates to Havoc to come before switching back..
29th August 2019, 05:00 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 428

More
With current oos, I don't see the need for other roms, maybe for having some fun.
The Following User Says Thank You to dante_nfs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dante_nfs Ad-Free
29th August 2019, 05:32 PM |#8  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 2,024

More
OOS and throw in a few Magisk modules mods...
The Following User Says Thank You to galaxys For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift galaxys Ad-Free
29th August 2019, 10:50 PM |#9  
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 550

More
OOS is soo smooth, especially with forced 90hz all apps. It makes less then 1% battery difference per hour so it's basically not even noticeable. OOS is so stable and it really doesn't need anything else and anything I do need I can mod or add myself like a Kernel or Magisk mods or some custom tweaks.

With OSS there really is no need for a custom ROM other than for people that still can't let go of just flashing for the hell of it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eric214 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eric214 Ad-Free
30th August 2019, 05:43 AM |#10  
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 321

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric214

OOS is soo smooth, especially with forced 90hz all apps. It makes less then 1% battery difference per hour so it's basically not even noticeable. OOS is so stable and it really doesn't need anything else and anything I do need I can mod or add myself like a Kernel or Magisk mods or some custom tweaks.

With OSS there really is no need for a custom ROM other than for people that still can't let go of just flashing for the hell of it.

That's me: a flashaholic! XD I love trying out all the work the devs have to offer. Android has been my hobby since 2009
30th August 2019, 07:21 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I've tried all roms and always go back to OOS with renovate ice, forced 90hz, arter97 kernel/f2fs data format and animations set to 0.5.

otherwise Havoc with the Android 10 edge gestures is my fave. Speaking of gestures, is there a mod that adds the Android 10 edge gestures on OOS pie?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)