FORUMS

Outdoor visibility (max brightness)

809 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,026

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 24th April 2019, 09:00 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Rate this thread to express how well you can see the OnePlus 7 Pro's display outdoors. In case you've been playing Minecraft for 18 months straight, you might not known how to get outside anymore. Well, find the door and walk through it. A higher rating indicates that it has very high maximum brightness and thus fantastic outdoor visibility in direct sunlight.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
21st May 2019, 05:48 AM |#2  
Flag Near Donauwörth
Thanks Meter: 324

Donate to Me
More
Big, beautiful colors, Max bringtness very high, hdr10+......
21st May 2019, 12:37 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDA_RealLifeReview

Rate this thread to express how well you can see the OnePlus 7 Pro's display outdoors. In case you've been playing Minecraft for 18 months straight, you might not known how to get outside anymore. Well, find the door and walk through it. A higher rating indicates that it has very high maximum brightness and thus fantastic outdoor visibility in direct sunlight.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

It does ok. Not nearly as well as the 5t, has a lot of glare issues so you will naturally be trying to hold it at specific angles. The 5t was more natural and you could just walk and read and natural motion wouldn't reflect as much. I'm trying to get used to it. Screen is massive and I really like the real estate it has.
The Following User Says Thank You to bdaviesweb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bdaviesweb Ad-Free
21st May 2019, 09:20 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Mines looks pretty good. If I compare with my favorite (from my prev devs - Samsung note 4) - OP7 pro doing very well on direct sunlight (no concerns at all, pretty much like note)
1st July 2019, 07:11 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I frequently use Google maps in full Florida sun with this thing mounted on the handlebars of my motorcycle. Never have trouble seeing it, even with sunglasses on.
2nd July 2019, 03:52 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 153

More
Very readable even in direct sun light
21st August 2019, 07:42 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Pretty good but a notch below my S8 +.
22nd August 2019, 02:14 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 317

More
The best since my s6 edge+ while rooted using high brightness. The high brightness mods makes it the best I've ever used. Just put an iPhone X Max and Xr to shame today.
22nd August 2019, 08:05 PM |#9  
Flag roma
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiexl

The best since my s6 edge+ while rooted using high brightness. The high brightness mods makes it the best I've ever used. Just put an iPhone X Max and Xr to shame today.

Where did you find this mod? Is an automatic mod that go on when you are under the sun or you have to active it every time manually? Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Is this one the mod that you use? Is possible to use it with root but with the stock kernel?
The Following User Says Thank You to vuoshino For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vuoshino Ad-Free
23rd August 2019, 02:35 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuoshino

Where did you find this mod? Is an automatic mod that go on when you are under the sun or you have to active it every time manually? Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Is this one the mod that you use? Is possible to use it with root but with the stock kernel?

I use the Renovate Ice magisk mod and it creates a qs tile that you can toggle off and on like the rest of the qs tiles
25th August 2019, 04:07 AM |#11  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 2,105

More
Very good for me in the sun...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)