FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Overall love

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,514

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 24th April 2019, 09:00 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the OnePlus 7 Pro, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the OnePlus 7 Pro is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free

26th April 2019, 10:09 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
What if it's not called OnePlus 7 pro?
10th May 2019, 09:01 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OBEDDO

What if it's not called OnePlus 7 pro?

Mine is called OnePlus 6 and I'm very much in love with it For me there's only One and that's a Plus
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mirandam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mirandam Ad-Free
15th May 2019, 04:52 AM |#4  
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 245

More
So far, based on the reveal, it ticks all the boxes for anything I'd ever want in a phone! The pop-up selfie cam is a great feature and allows for a FULL almost bezelless screen, and I'm looking forward to the warp charging, 90Hz display, battery capacity, improved vibration, high RAM and storage, and a price that's right for everything packed in it! As a dedicated Android geek and lover of phones, I can safely say this will be one I'll love
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sabrdawg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sabrdawg Ad-Free
16th May 2019, 12:01 AM |#5  
Flag Honolulu, HI
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDA_RealLifeReview

Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the OnePlus 7 Pro, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the OnePlus 7 Pro is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Actually I have a question: I'm not really familiar with OnePlus and been hearing all the hoopla over the 7 Pro lately. I'm currently using a (bleep) unrootable Kyocera DuraForce Pro and am just about had it with the software issues I'm having with the phone that could've been fixable if it was rooted.

Overall, how good has OnePlus been regarding getting root on their phones?

Based on the specs I've been reading about the 7 Pro, it looks like an interesting option. HOWEVER, I require root so I can strip the crapware and slugwares and tweak the os itself to my performance requirements.
16th May 2019, 02:46 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Picked mine up today from Miami and I'm in love ...turned in a Note 9 for it. Silky smooth, fast as hell and the screen is incredible.
16th May 2019, 05:35 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanaka

Based on the specs I've been reading about the 7 Pro, it looks like an interesting option. HOWEVER, I require root so I can strip the crapware and slugwares and tweak the os itself to my performance requirements.

I think you're in for a treat then.
OnePlus has always been very developer and community friendly. Their first phones actually shipped with CyanogenMod, the predecesor of LinageOS. That's the type of software people go trough hoops and loops to get, right out of the box.
Now they're using OxygenOS, which is their own android skin, and is pretty close to stock android. They also come with no OnePlus bloatware or duplicate apps.
Be careful not to get the T-Mobile variant tough, as I believe those do have a locked bootloader, which would make you unable to root or flash custom ROMs.
16th May 2019, 08:02 AM |#8  
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 245

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardosegurat

I think you're in for a treat then.
OnePlus has always been very developer and community friendly. Their first phones actually shipped with CyanogenMod, the predecesor of LinageOS. That's the type of software people go trough hoops and loops to get, right out of the box.
Now they're using OxygenOS, which is their own android skin, and is pretty close to stock android. They also come with no OnePlus bloatware or duplicate apps.
Be careful not to get the T-Mobile variant tough, as I believe those do have a locked bootloader, which would make you unable to root or flash custom ROMs.

Yeah, T-mobile's variant of the 6T did indeed come with a locked bootloader. However, OnePlus did provide a bootloader unlock code that you could register for. The only caveat was that you had to be carrier unlocked, which you *technically* are not able to do until the device is paid off...BUT...after talking to T-Mobile reps, a lot of people, myself included, were granted the opportunity to carrier unlock their phones. For me, the rep basically said that if I paid two of my monthly installments upfront, they would unlock it for me. Of course, being the geek I am, albeit one with low patience for waiting to root, I obliged! Once I registered for the bootloader unlock code, I just had to wait a week to receive it. Man, was that the longest week ever, haha XD Then, all you have to do is follow the instructions on the OnePlus site as to how to enter it via ADB, and then "OEM unlock," and you're golden! I'm anxious to see how the 7 Pro will arrive out of the box.
16th May 2019, 01:33 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Oneplus 7 pro display is a feast to eyes
Fell for the display and have placed my order for op7pro today. I currently use s9 and was holding back from buying s10+ to see how op7pro would be. This phone feels well built and sturdy compared to s10+. Will post more once I receive the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to vigneshnallamad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vigneshnallamad Ad-Free
16th May 2019, 09:09 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Just ordered mine. Only concern is if ill get a proper case for it as reviews say the curved edges are a bit too covered...?
17th May 2019, 12:59 AM |#11  
Flag Lodi
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0sh1

Just ordered mine. Only concern is if ill get a proper case for it as reviews say the curved edges are a bit too covered...?

I have the official OnePlus bumper case as well as the protective case and they both fit great with no coverage over the screen. Even with the bumper case there is a good 1mm gap between the case and visible screen.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

I have had the OP 7 Pro for over 24 hours now and am very pleased with it. The one main concern for me was the size, as I knew it would be quite a large phone with some good weight to it (coming from the Pixel 3). But honestly, it really isn't that bad. Everything so far has been excellent. The software is great as you would expect from OnePlus, photos look great (haven't taken too many yet to really get an honest opinion), screen and 90hz rate is just awesome. I am also quite impressed by the sound, I am really glad they stepped up their speakers on this device. I have read some concerns about battery life, but I started this day at full charge and currently have 56% left with 3 hrs 36 min of screen time (I have been on more than usual today since I have been playing with the device). However, this is great battery life for me as I try to get at least 30 min of screen usage out of every 10% battery droppage (that has been my go-to measurement for years). Overall, very happy with the purchase.
The Following User Says Thank You to MGomes78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MGomes78 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)