FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Photo quality

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,649

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 24th April 2019, 09:00 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the OnePlus 7 Pro come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

17th May 2019, 07:59 PM |#2  
Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Coming from Pixel 3 XL.. I know the P3 is the best camera around but... WOW the OP7 pro has a really bad camera. Pictures are out of focus, portrait mode sucks, I tried the GCam mod still horrible photo quality.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to vwgti18 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vwgti18 Ad-Free
17th May 2019, 08:10 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwgti18

Coming from Pixel 3 XL.. I know the P3 is the best camera around but... WOW the OP7 pro has a really bad camera. Pictures are out of focus, portrait mode sucks, I tried the GCam mod still horrible photo quality.

DxO Mark gave it a good score. Either the software update OnePlus gave them to test is going to be amazing or DxO is a little biased
The Following User Says Thank You to klym.software For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift klym.software Ad-Free
17th May 2019, 08:13 PM |#4  
Sacramento

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klym.software

DxO Mark gave it a good score. Either the software update OnePlus gave them to test is going to be amazing or DxO is a little biased

Yeah which is one reason I gave this phone a shot. But there is not way this camera like this scored a 111 lol that's a joke!
17th May 2019, 08:14 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Quote:

Welcome to oneplus
The Following User Says Thank You to JedixJarf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JedixJarf Ad-Free
17th May 2019, 09:43 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
DxO Mark is a joke. 😁😁😁😁
The Following User Says Thank You to QbaxPl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift QbaxPl Ad-Free
17th May 2019, 09:46 PM |#7  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Yeah you dont buy this phone for the camera. You buy it for the performance.

Maybe gcam will make it better over time or a software update but if camera is your number 1 need then this isnt the phone for you.

Oneplus should have ditched the three rear camera system and gone with a single great camera. They need to go back and perfect the fundamentals.

It's a missed opportunity from Oneplus.
17th May 2019, 11:19 PM |#8  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 394

More
Quote:

Do you have any sample pictures you took? Most reviews i saw didn't mention the camera being as bad as you claim.
17th May 2019, 11:32 PM |#9  
Sacramento

More
Photo 1 OP7
Photo 2 Pixel 3 XL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190517_131944.jpg
Views:	8982
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	4760777  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vwgti18 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vwgti18 Ad-Free
17th May 2019, 11:37 PM |#10  
Sacramento

More
Sorry this is the pixel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190517_132012.jpg
Views:	8152
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	4760779  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vwgti18 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vwgti18 Ad-Free
18th May 2019, 12:16 AM |#11  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 394

More
Quote:

Photo 1 OP7
Photo 2 Pixel 3 XL

Quote:

Sorry this is the pixel.

First,

Thank you for both pictures, you've easily made your point. That overexposure is pretty killer.

Second, what kind of VW do you have?

EDIT: Saw the GTI on the steering wheel. That overexposure distracted me too much to notice lol.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)