FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Scrolling smoothness

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,758

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 24th April 2019, 09:00 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Some phones exhibit choppy scrolling, especially when navigating long web pages when multiple apps are running in the background. Rate this thread to express how you smooth scrolling feels on the OnePlus 7 Pro under such conditions. A higher rating indicates that scrolling is always buttery smooth, even when you're reading a 10,000 word article on "how to kiss a girl".

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
23rd May 2019, 03:26 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
For those who have a pixel 3 XL and this phone, has the Oneplus 7 Pro reached the fluidity and smoothness levels of Pixel? I know in the past, Oneplus phones have had problems with stuttery scrolling or just not being as smooth as Pixel phones. Is this different with the 7 pro bc of the 90 hz display? Specifically is there an improvement in profile gpu rendering?
23rd May 2019, 03:41 PM |#3  
Flag Bolzano/Bozen
Thanks Meter: 358

More
It is perfect. I really cannot see any stuttering. And I am veeery picky about that.
23rd May 2019, 06:07 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I came to this phone from a Razer phone which had a 120hz variable screen.

This screen is great! Best of both worlds, smoothness of 90hz and coloura and brightness of OLED.
The Following User Says Thank You to ItzMar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ItzMar Ad-Free
24th May 2019, 02:26 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
It's been the smoothest phone I've seen honestly.

I currently have Pixel 3XL, Samsung s10+ and OnePlus 7 Pro. This 90 refresh rate works wonders.
24th May 2019, 11:35 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marevic

It's been the smoothest phone I've seen honestly.

I currently have Pixel 3XL, Samsung s10+ and OnePlus 7 Pro. This 90 refresh rate works wonders.

Which one do you prefer? Do you think that it will be worth it wait for the pixel 4? I've got a note 9.

Thanks

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk
25th May 2019, 03:45 AM |#7  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Easily the smoothest phone I've seen, even compared to the mighty S10. Oxygen OS is seemingly a great version of Android that I'm loving.
25th May 2019, 04:11 AM |#8  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 2,052

More
This a dream come true...Smooth as Silk!
26th May 2019, 03:59 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I've owned every Pixel phone out and this is my first OnePlus device. Honestly, I'd say that OnePlus knocked the stock android experience out of the park. It's as smooth as my Pixel 3 XL, but with 8gb of RAM, there is no stutter or delay. Even when having multiple apps open in the background, then opening the camera to snap a quick photo. I've had my Pixel 3XL straight up take around 8 to 12 seconds to open up the camera app when I attempted to either take a photo or record a video. One time, I had actually started recording a video of a friends surprise birthday party and the video was around 20 seconds in when the camera app just decided to closed out completely, while I was recording, and when I opened it back up, it never saved the video. Needless to say I was pissed. The the overall OS is better than the Pixel. You have native screen recording, scrolling screenshot (something Google claimed could not be implemented in Android Q so it would be put in Android R), and extreme customization options. Honestly the ONLY things that I miss from my Pixel 3 XL are the camera, the smart replies, and the dark themed Google App on the left home screen. the camera alone, is the reason why I keep my P3XL in my work bag. Also, since my OnePlus is the T-Mobile variant, I even have "Chat" functionality in the stock messages app, something that I'm still waiting for to roll out to my Pixel device.
26th May 2019, 08:25 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
totally. This 90 Hz screen wipes the floor with my Pixel 3 its insane. The experience is way smoother than on a Pixel.
27th May 2019, 01:18 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamikd

I've owned every Pixel phone out and this is my first OnePlus device. Honestly, I'd say that OnePlus knocked the stock android experience out of the park. It's as smooth as my Pixel 3 XL, but with 8gb of RAM, there is no stutter or delay. Even when having multiple apps open in the background, then opening the camera to snap a quick photo. I've had my Pixel 3XL straight up take around 8 to 12 seconds to open up the camera app when I attempted to either take a photo or record a video. One time, I had actually started recording a video of a friends surprise birthday party and the video was around 20 seconds in when the camera app just decided to closed out completely, while I was recording, and when I opened it back up, it never saved the video. Needless to say I was pissed. The the overall OS is better than the Pixel. You have native screen recording, scrolling screenshot (something Google claimed could not be implemented in Android Q so it would be put in Android R), and extreme customization options. Honestly the ONLY things that I miss from my Pixel 3 XL are the camera, the smart replies, and the dark themed Google App on the left home screen. the camera alone, is the reason why I keep my P3XL in my work bag. Also, since my OnePlus is the T-Mobile variant, I even have "Chat" functionality in the stock messages app, something that I'm still waiting for to roll out to my Pixel device.

You can get the dark Google app to the left back with rootless Launcher from the play store, just install the "bridge.apk" from the description and then enable the settings by long pressing on the home screen and opening "home settings"

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)