FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Scrolling smoothness

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,762

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 24th April 2019, 09:00 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
26th August 2019, 09:04 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
"XDA Recognized Contributor C3C076, the developer of the popular GravityBox Xposed Module, was developing a Quick Setting tile to switch the screen refresh rate when he discovered that there are actually 3—not 2—refresh rate modes in OxygenOS. The 60Hz mode in the Screen refresh rate settings makes the device run at a constant 60Hz like most other smartphones, but the 90Hz mode is actually internally the “auto” mode. Lastly, there’s a third, hidden true 90Hz mode that enables 90Hz at all times in all apps."

That's why. Did the trick for me and so i updated my comment.
27th August 2019, 08:50 AM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by giaur

Maybe I am blind, but I can't see much difference between 60 Hz and 90 Hz.

If your application is really running with 90 Hz (90 Hz mode in settings is an auto mode switching between 90 Hz and 60 Hz) and you don't see a difference I envy you, really. If you have ever seen the difference you can't go back. It's so smooth and feels so responsive. It spoiled every 60 Hz touch screen device for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Walhalla For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Walhalla Ad-Free
27th August 2019, 10:56 AM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 1,164

More
Ok, is there any way to determine current refresh rate? I forced 90 Hz and I still see no difference. 60 Hz/90 Hz both smooth from what I can see
3rd September 2019, 12:24 PM |#64  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Now, I feel like because of that smoothness the battery is draining fast.
6th September 2019, 09:33 AM |#65  
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 584

More
It's iOS smooth.

3 years ago I traded my iPhone 6s in for a 3T. While I loved the speed of the 3T, the ability to customize and tweak, custom fonts, custom icon packs, widgets galore, just superior in every aspect barring one! It didn't have the fluidity and smoothness of the 6s. It wasn't an almighty difference, just slight and noticeable.

Was it a deal breaker? Nope. I went on from the 3T to 5/5T/6 and now, for the last couple of months, the 7Pro.

That minute difference in fluidity and smoothness is no longer. I now compare the user experience to what I experience on my 120hz iPad Pro and the 7Pro is simply amazing! It is, by some margin, the most unique user experience I have ever experienced on a smart device.

It is an amazing device, with top end features, an absolute pleasure to use!!

If I had one wish it would be that OP ventured into the tablet market rather than smart TV's. I'd jump on it in a flash!! 855+ Snapdragon, 512gb rom/12gb ram, 11" QHD bezel less screen, 93% screen to body ratio, 320ppi, Android 10, 16MP front facing retractable camera, Gorilla glass 6 back and front, 90hz screen, dual speakers, dual sim card, 5G, 48MP main camera, 9000 mAh battery, all for around $850. Dammmmnnnnnn......
The Following User Says Thank You to sand_man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sand_man Ad-Free
8th September 2019, 06:08 PM |#66  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walhalla

If your application is really running with 90 Hz (90 Hz mode in settings is an auto mode switching between 90 Hz and 60 Hz) and you don't see a difference I envy you, really. If you have ever seen the difference you can't go back. It's so smooth and feels so responsive. It spoiled every 60 Hz touch screen device for me.

I feel the exact same. I recently used a buddies new Note10+ and everything seemed like it was lagging and stuttering. It seemed like I was using a phone that was 5 years old.
9th September 2019, 09:22 PM |#67  
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Honestly, OP7Pro is _the_ phone for me right now. Not seeing the desire to uppgrade any time in the near future. Sure, battery life could be improved. Though warp charge speed makes up for it. Everything else with it makes it worth it. Silky smooth.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)