FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Standby drain

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,649

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 24th April 2019, 09:00 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the OnePlus 7 Pro's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free

1st June 2019, 11:46 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
No one has mentioned it yet so I thought I left a comment.

Standby drain is great. Less than 1.0%/hr in my use case. (AccuBattery: 103h)
Have had Samsung Exynos phones before which had extremely bad standby drain, the Xiaomis I have/had have a lot better standby drain but not as good as my OP7 Pro
3rd June 2019, 11:15 PM |#3  
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 541

More
I'm seeing between .3% and .8% drain when idle. I think it depends on if I'm listening to music or YouTube vids with the screen off or it's just truly idle doing nothing.
4th June 2019, 01:32 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Yesterday I left my phone with 85% over night, nearly all connections turned on (Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC) and 6 hours later I was down to 82%. Didn't expect that. I love it!
6th June 2019, 05:47 PM |#5  
Flag canyon country
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Over all stand by time isn't to bad, but usage of the phone isn't very yet. I've only had the phone for two days and I'm noticing heavier battery drain then from my note 9 the 845 processor. Going to give a few more days and see. All in all I like the phone. Just my thoughts

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
7th June 2019, 05:09 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Well, the standby is pretty nice, according to me it drops like 2-3% overnight leaving Wi-Fi, Bluetooth on. I previously had a OnePlus One, running POSP (4-6 hr SOT) so it feels great upgrading.
8th June 2019, 03:14 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
It's about 0.5% per-hr for me overnight and 1% during day. Much better than my last phone with far less spec but has a ton of bloatware.

I read a lot of complaints about battery drain in OnePlus' Chinese forum but I think it's all due to unscrupulous apps by companies like Tencent and Baidu who continuously track and steal user info because I also have HydrogenOS but thanks to Oneplus I was able to completely uninstall all those apps.
15th June 2019, 07:38 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have to say standby drain is great. Coming from pixel 3 on busy work days, I barely used my phone outside of phone calls and Waze to and from work. I would get home always under 50% and be dead by 10pm. It's currently 1am and I am still at 44% on op7 pro.
15th June 2019, 11:43 AM |#9  
Flag Radom
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Standy drain is good. It's dropping few percents over night but it's not like 1% or more per hour. More like a 0.5%/h. Even during the day with 4g data enabled its really ok. I'm very pleased with it, definitely better than my old Galaxy S6 Edge Plus which was more and more inconsistent with new updates
15th June 2019, 01:25 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 515

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by memocatcher

Yesterday I left my phone with 85% over night, nearly all connections turned on (Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC) and 6 hours later I was down to 82%. Didn't expect that. I love it!

do you have ram boost enabled? are you on AA or BA?
1st July 2019, 06:52 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Mine drops on average 1.7% per hour according to AccuBattery. I do a lot of YouTube streaming with the screen of though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)