Standby drain

Search This thread

nesta17

Oct 28, 2008
Running stock 10.1 battery drain is 10% overnight. Used to be 3% on Android 9. Daytime drain is worse as well. And I get phantom notifications hourly and horizon light notifications are broken.

xaroks

Sep 22, 2010
Hello,

My standby consumption during the day is about 1.5%.
I can't get below that...

OOS 10.0.3 Root

ggrant3876

Jun 17, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
My battery drain is minimal compared to my Note 10 Plus. I installed Nap Time from Francisco Franco and battery drain is less than the OP 6T. Haven't rooted my device but just a couple adb commands to use Nap Time.

Reactions: Pag0n

Gerr1985

Feb 12, 2010
Chicago
Things seem to have improved on 10.3.0 for standby draining. Typically if I was on the mobile data only, it would drain slow and be great overall. However, on WiFi it seemed to drop like crazy. This seems to be fixed on the 10.3.0 (or maybe the release just before that one).

mcall_r

Mar 13, 2008
Glasgow
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Over all stand by time isn't to bad, but usage of the phone isn't very yet. I've only had the phone for two days and I'm noticing heavier battery drain then from my note 9 the 845 processor. Going to give a few more days and see. All in all I like the phone. Just my thoughts

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Hey, I see you moved from Mate20X to OP7Pro.. What are your thoughts between the two? I loved my M20X but only upgraded to the OP7Pro because I am on contract so got a free upgrade and can now sell my huawei. Plus the new one is 5G which is widely available in my city. That was the main reason really.
The battery life on the Huawei is unbeatable but the size makes it a little unweildy at times. OP7Pro is pretty much a perfect size in the hand.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Hi,

last week I turned on and rooted my old Galaxy S8 and I installed ExKernel with a custom Kernell and I cant believe the low battery drain with the screen off on S8, about 0,20%/hour.

OP7pro is about 0,70% but I have seen days with 1,5%/hour, but I think I have found the key.

Its true the OP7Pro is my personal phone with all apps installed, gmail, etc. But it seems a big difference.

So what's the key?

dipleg

Jan 15, 2020
Battery life used to be better but I'm now on 10.3.1 rooted with Magisk 20.3, xXx's NoLimits 10.1, and Smurf kernel and standby drain / total SOT from 100-0% has gone a bit downhill.

sjgoel

Jan 16, 2012
Charlotte NC
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I'm on stock and frozen OnePlus analytics, and system tracing in tibu
Also added these to my build. Prop

dalvik.vm.checkjni=false
ro.config.nocheckin=1
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
ro.kernel.checkjni=0
profiler.force_disable_err_rpt=1
profiler.force_disable_ulog=1
debugtool.anrhistory=0
profiler.debugmonitor=false
profiler.hung.dumpdobugreport=false

Funny you mention Baidu. I was looking at my files via file explorer and noticed a Baidu folder. Where did that come from? Mines a USA unlocked model.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

I have 4 build.prop files on my OP 7 Pro - in vendor, system,
System/product and odm/etc folders.

To which build.prop file to add the tweaks?

destinypham

May 26, 2016
I have terrible experience with battery drain (1 or 2% for 1 sleeping hour)

I use EU rom and only custom 90hz refresh rate. And I just can have 3 or 4 hour SOT. Pls advice how can I set up to solve this problem?

Thank you everyone!

destinypham

May 26, 2016

Thank you so much. I did almost all of your set up option (disable location, scan wifi...) without custom roms, kernel and rooted. And normal just can get 3-4h SOT. Do you think flash custom roms and kernel can have better SOT.

And also I use samsung charger for my oneplus (because I use Samsung note as my main device). Is it impact to battery life?

spawnn617

Jan 16, 2017
Thank you so much. I did almost all of your set up option (disable location, scan wifi...) without custom roms, kernel and rooted. And normal just can get 3-4h SOT. Do you think flash custom roms and kernel can have better SOT.

And also I use samsung charger for my oneplus (because I use Samsung note as my main device). Is it impact to battery life?

Samsung charger shouldn't matter and I never used custom roms on my OP7Pro. Custom kernel should help but I don't think it will make huge impact, currently I'm on stock kernel for testing and still getting 6-7 h of sot. So if you followed rest of the tips, then it it a few days and observe, but if there will be no improvement then it might be battery wear... Unless you are on not so perfect signal LTE - then your sot looks normal, so if can try on wifi first (and check if you have good signal on wifi if not maybe try moving router or switching to 2.4 GHz if you are on 5 GHz wifi )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the OnePlus 7 Pro's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    No one has mentioned it yet so I thought I left a comment.

Standby drain is great. Less than 1.0%/hr in my use case. (AccuBattery: 103h)
    Have had Samsung Exynos phones before which had extremely bad standby drain, the Xiaomis I have/had have a lot better standby drain but not as good as my OP7 Pro
    Battery drain last night was 0.13% per hour.
    My standby drain is almos 0. What I did is I have most of the apps battery optimized with the exception of 4 apps that I need them constantly, but I think that i got the best results when I prohibited the data consumption in the backgroud for most apps. Changing this stops the app from awakening and the results are incredible.

Last night I went to bed with 51% battery and 7 hours later when I woke up the battery was still al 51% and every single night is the same way.
    My standby drain is almos 0. What I did is I have most of the apps battery optimized with the exception of 4 apps that I need them constantly, but I think that i got the best results when I prohibited the data consumption in the backgroud for most apps. Changing this stops the app from awakening and the results are incredible.

Last night I went to bed with 51% battery and 7 hours later when I woke up the battery was still al 51% and every single night is the same way.
    So how did you manage Google play services and its android system not to run in the background?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk