FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Time to take picture (camera launch speed)

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,758

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 24th April 2019, 09:00 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
There! Something just happened! Did you take a picture of it? Rate this thread to express how fast the OnePlus 7 Pro can go from "zero to picture". A higher rating indicates that launching the camera app and taking a photo is extremely fast such that you never miss an important moment, like when your cat attacks the couch again.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
12th September 2019, 07:24 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It's pretty good!
I think the camera speed is average. Don't get me wrong - I love the OnePlus 7 Pro's camera('s), but there are some things related to the camera speed which aren't on par with other phones (flagships). The stock camera app takes about 1 - 1.5 seconds to open, which is not bad at all and is not my problem. The only issue I have is with the shutter speed: it takes just a 'millisecond' more to 'click' than I'd like it to. This doesn't stop me from taking photographs of high quality, but I have noticed that when I'm taking a selfie and I can't hold it still enough, it just has this annoying blur. Not too much to absolutely ruin, the picture, but it's there and noticeable. That being said, I wouldn't want to get another phone at all - I love it and the camera's on it, and the blur can absolutely be avoided by just not moving at all, even though that is hard to do and some phones do a better job of avoiding it.
12th September 2019, 07:28 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 131

More
I'm happy with the speed. I use the double press power button feature and the camera is open very fast.
17th September 2019, 03:47 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcvanleeuwen

I think the camera speed is average. Don't get me wrong - I love the OnePlus 7 Pro's camera('s), but there are some things related to the camera speed which aren't on par with other phones (flagships). The stock camera app takes about 1 - 1.5 seconds to open, which is not bad at all and is not my problem. The only issue I have is with the shutter speed: it takes just a 'millisecond' more to 'click' than I'd like it to. This doesn't stop me from taking photographs of high quality, but I have noticed that when I'm taking a selfie and I can't hold it still enough, it just has this annoying blur. Not too much to absolutely ruin, the picture, but it's there and noticeable. That being said, I wouldn't want to get another phone at all - I love it and the camera's on it, and the blur can absolutely be avoided by just not moving at all, even though that is hard to do and some phones do a better job of avoiding it.

I've noticed this on the stock camera app, Gcam works way better in this situation though, so it's a software issue
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)