FORUMS

Anxious 7 Pro v315 & Companion v152

2,194 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,907

By TotallyAnxious, Senior Member on 10th May 2020, 09:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
These are magisk modules I originally made when I was using my HTC 10. I updated it to work with my LG V30 and now it's available for the 7 Pro. This has and always will be made for my personal use. It's really up to you to troubleshoot it with your setup, if issues occur. Modules for other phones had different features. It's just what I used on that phone under the same name.

Anxious 7 Pro v315 features: (Magisk module installer)
Anxious Kernel Script (infinite pills, infinite alcohol), Chimera Modules, Dolby Atmos Full UI (intelligent eq doesn't work), Dozeless AdGuard, Google Network Stack (libs, 66.6% of apks), Google Connectivity Services, Google Phone Framework, Hidden API for GMS, Pixel Overlays (deeper intergration), Pixel 4 Device Personalization Services, Pocket Mode, Razer Phone 2 Nova Launcher (most reliable google feed), Stock Apps Replaced w/ Google Apps (calculator, clock), True Silent.ogg (notifications), SODA (backend)

Anxious 7 Pro Companion v152 features: (MMT-Ex)
Device Personalization Services - Federated Analytics, Smart Select (w/o bootloader check), Superpacks (downloaded w/ job scheduler & pir), Tclib | Gboard - Emoji Tall View, Faster Voice Typing, M2 (telescoping gif, tenor autocomplete, trending search), No Spacebar Branding, Ogg Opus Encoder, Pixel Props, SODA, Tenor V2 * Languages (autocomplete, trending term, suggested search term) | Google Duo - In Call Effects w/o FPS Cap (hardware low light, moment capture, portrait), Opus FEC, Outgoing Call Camera Switch, Restrict Low Bandwidth Logging, Surface View Hardware Scaler, Video Processing-Sink, VP9 Hardware, 720p (for most things) | Google Phone - CLI, Duo Handover, STIR/SHAKEN (carrier/os support required), VVM (all carriers) | Google Photos - Bitmaps, Cache Aware Video, Jpeg Backup Quality 100% (preview, regular), New Video Editor Backend/Frontend w/ Export Frame, OpenGL ES3.0 (editing) | OOS Camera - 15x Digital Zoom (main, telephoto)

Both feature lists are not exhaustive. Meaning not everything is listed.

The embedded links for some features are just links to what I consider to be a good enough explainaiton of the feature. Google is your friend, I am not.

Support:
Very erratic, often in rant form. This is made for my personal use. If you don't follow the instructions, you'll probably end up in a non-boot/bootloop.

What I'm Using:
Kernel - Kirisakura Kernel 1.9.8
Magisk - 20.4
Rom - 10.3.3.GM21AA on Verizon

Do not use Open Beta/AOSP/LOS/etc... with my modules.

There are no special instructions for updating, unless stated otherwise in a release post.

Prerequisites:
You need "Busybox for Android NDK" and I strongly recommend "Terminal Modifications" & "Cross Compiled Binaries" with the bare minimum of sed installed to /system/bin. They are on the magisk module repo.

How to install:
1. Read entire OP. Reread entire OP. Do it again.

2. Install all apks inside "User Apps You Should Install" folder.

3. Uninstall Kirisakura Kernel Companion, Google Framework/Phone, and/or Nova Companion apk, if any/all are installed. Reboot if you uninstalled. (There are probably other modules you should uninstall, but like you should already know that, since you're not installing Magisk modules you haven't looked inside of, are you?)

4. Install "Overlay Mount Fix". Reboot if prompted, otherwise move to step 5. Or delete the folder "/data/india", if it exists, and then reboot .

5. Install "Anxious7Pro_v*.zip". (Magisk Manager reccomended)

6. Reboot.

7. Install Google Phone as user app, you can use apk from companion module, from apkmirror, or clear Play Store and then it should be offered by by play store.

8. Clear Play Store data if you didn't in step 7. Then update apps that now have an update in the Play Store.

9. Set up Device Personalization Services, Google Phone, and Smart Storage, i.e. grant all permissions (including "Draw over other apps" and "Modify system settings"), set as default phone app, spam app (search "spam" in settings), open app and set up available features. Don't forget to check all Settings>Apps and notifications>Special app access and check all of them for the aforementioned apps + Google apps (hit overflow menu and show system).

10. Install "Anxious7ProCompanion_v*.zip". (Magisk Manager recommended)

11. Reboot.
12. You profit.
13. Donate.
14. I profit.
15. Repeat step 13.
16. Repeat step 15.
17. Frig off!

Download(s) faq:
Q: Can you provide a mirror?
A: No.
Q: Why?
A: Mega is very mobile friendly and collects no metrics, I can't even track the number of downloads!

Changelog:
Will be available on each release post. I will not compile a changelog in one post.

Magisk:
Use the latest stable Magisk. It's fine to use the Canary Magisk Manager.

Tips/Troubleshooting:
You should check "Settings>
Security & lock screen>Google Play system update" for an update. My modules might enable being on the latest. Might not. But generally speaking it does for me, should probably wait 5-10 minutes after booting, like you can use your phone, but the system definitely doesn't priotize this getting done quickly after boot.

If any app is reported as unsupported in the Play Store then clear the Play Store's data. It should work after that but a reboot might be needed sometimes.

If you can't enable a feature from the companion module then it probably means you're not on the right app version. Join the relevant beta branch in play store or check apkmirror (link is to Google apps on apkmirror, since it's just the Google apps that wouldn't be new enough).

Google has the ability to break pretty much anything with server side updates.

If any features enabled by the companion module disappear, you'll have to uninstall companion, clear camera/phone data, reboot, open camera/phone, reinstall companion, reboot. Certain things are set on install. I don't want tons of scripts running on boot.

Clean installs of roms will probably have better outcomes, if it didn't work.

Sometimes rebooting twice is needed if you update the main module, for whatever reason the kernel script is only partially run after an update, but only sometimes.

Clearing data for Google Play Services after an app update or just every once in a while is probably a good idea. You should charge your phone while doing, some things are throttled when on battery and Google Play Services is setting back up or updating something. Any time you clear Play Services data you'll need to reinstall the companion, you probably will also have to have your phone plugged in. You'll also have to have to make sure that all permissions and required special app accesses are granted/enabled.

Live Caption is only accessible from its QS tile (long press for settings). The app that live caption exists in is called "Device Personalization Services". If it's not available you need to manually enable the service. I recommend this app. While you're at it you should enable all activities, providers, receivers, services. You should also make sure everything but Fi related named things in Google Connectivity Services are enabled.

I don't use call screen. It scares non-techy people and they just hang up.

Modules I also have installed - Advanced Charging Controller (ACC), AuroraServices, Busybox for Android NDK, Cross Compiled Binaries, Magisk Manager for Recovery Mode (mm), Move Certificates, RENOVATE ICE, Riru (Riru - Core), Riru - InternalBrowserRedirect, San Francisco Plus Font, Terminal Modifications, ZipSigner & Zip for Android NDK

Credits:
@evildog1, @Freak07, @Hege, @JohnFawkes, @MishaalRahman, @mwilky, @osm0sis, @paphonb, @Rayekk, @SuperR., @topjohnwu, @VR25, @Zackptg5

Random:
You should read the Magisk documentation and MMT-Ex wiki.

Ultramarine, the color that was just added to Signal Private Messenger. Best blue accent for a dark theme, IMO.

AdAway is a wonderful app. But host file adblocking has limitations. AdGuard provides a much better visual experience.

Use NextDNS.

If the Play Store ever stops working for a period time, Aurora Store and Aurora Services are a great combo alternative/temporary solution while you wait for Play Store to work again, if the regular troubleshooting doesn't fix it. I do a lot of testing and occasionally break it for random periods of time.

Files sourced from:
OnePlus 7 Pro | 10.3.3 & Open Beta 15
OnePlus 8 Pro | 10.5.10 & 11 DP1
Pixel 4 | June 2020 & 11 Beta 1.5
Razer Phone 2 | 9.0 - MR3
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TotallyAnxious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TotallyAnxious Ad-Free
10th May 2020, 09:43 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thank you
10th May 2020, 10:08 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
A lot has changed compared to the old instructions, so I'll gradually update the OP to reflect helpful FAQ, improved instructions, etc...
The Following User Says Thank You to TotallyAnxious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TotallyAnxious Ad-Free
10th May 2020, 10:13 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
I also may have figured out how to get the latest Google Play system update. But that's unconfirmed. Since I don't have (or want) testers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200510-171227.png
Views:	1844
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	5016035  
10th May 2020, 10:43 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Welcome back! I'm glad to see you back on here hope that whatever you had going on in your life was resolved.
The Following User Says Thank You to ImjustSaiyan92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ImjustSaiyan92 Ad-Free
10th May 2020, 10:54 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImjustSaiyan92

Welcome back! I'm glad to see you back on here hope that whatever you had going on in your life was resolved.

At least 10 years off till a refutable research facility would even consider injecting my retina with stem cells. And I won't have a diagnosis on my lung nodules for months or longer. But it would be the slowest growing metastatic colon to lung cancer my oncologist has ever seen but I currently have my bets on a benign inflammatory condition or pulmonary fibrosis as a result of chemotherapy. Haven't found a bookie to take my bets, yet...

But now I can be hella rude to people who don't read with the two eyes they have because I essentially have one eye lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to TotallyAnxious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TotallyAnxious Ad-Free
10th May 2020, 10:58 PM |#7  
Boston
Thanks Meter: 443

More
Thanks for this, finally.
What is soda, pills and alcohol about?
10th May 2020, 10:59 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoxa

Thanks for this, finally.
What is soda, pills and alcohol about?

Speech on device API and utter nonsense (it's also a song, that is absolutely appropriate to post on the family friendly environment of XDA)
10th May 2020, 11:29 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
I installed it the way it was explained .. but what was to change .. did not see change ..
10th May 2020, 11:34 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasmietto

I installed it the way it was explained .. but what was to change .. did not see change ..

Then you did it wrong.
10th May 2020, 11:40 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAnxious

Then you did it wrong.

I'm just not using the Kirisakura kernel ..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)