FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Gcam] Enabling Aux camera

100 posts
Thanks Meter: 108

By elmarian756, Senior Member on 30th May 2019, 04:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Op updated.

To enable Aux camera support on gcam, after a lot of hard work of devs and resarch of users, it has been discovered that the app should be installed in priv-app in order to get full elevated permissions. This can be achieved by using the magisk module "app systemizer" or as it was explained on this same thread:

"Multi-Lense GCam without SELinux Permissive
As it turns out, the multi-lense modded Gcam app requires elevated permissions to switch between the auxiliary back cameras. Note that these are not standard android permissions, but lower-level system permissions that generally cannot be enabled by a standard user app.

By rooting and setting SELinux to permissive, you allow the camera app to access these permissions, but you leave yourself with a rather large security vulnerability as now every app on your phone has access to these permissions. You can provide individual apps with these permissions simply by installing them as a priv-app in the systems app folder without setting the global SELinux status to permissive. This can be done either by manually moving the Gcam apk to the priv-app folder, or with a Magisk module; either way, you have to be rooted to do so at the moment.

Here are the steps I took to enable switching between the lenses without installing the NFS injector module or manually setting SELinux to permissive:

1) Install the previously shared multi-lense Gcam app as a standard user app by installing the apk as you would normally.

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfil...9.0645-02j.apk

2) Open the camera app and enable the usual set of permissions (local storage, camera, etc.)

3) Install this Magisk module in Magisk or manually move the Gcam apk to /system/priv-app and reboot
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oAw...ew?usp=sharing

The Magisk module attached simply creates a copy of the Gcam app and its included lib in the /system/priv-app folder and does not modify any other security setting. The Gcam app may crash when opening if you do not install it as a standard user app first and set it up before installing it as a system app (at least it did for me at first)."

Now once you have AUX access enabled, depending of the gcam version you are using, the next step is to know how to swich between lenses. If you are using the recommended gcam on this post, first i recommend to set the auxiliar switch mode to "long press". Then you will be able to switch between main and telephoto if you long press the arrows camera change icon. Single press this icon will cycle through front and previously used camera.
If you long press the photo preview icon on the viewfinder, the camera will change and start switching between main lens and wide angle. (Note that you may have this reversed, the important thing to know is that pressing the photo preview icon on the viewfinder will let you use the other secondary lens, and they will always will cycle with the main lens.)

If you are using the arnovas recent test apks you should be able to see a pine icon. Just click there to change lens. Bare in mind that this recent version are still up to bug correcting, so you may find unexpected results.

Recommended version works for both photo and video for each lens.

If you find grainy or noisy video while shooting video on medium to low light conditions on wide or tele, you need to lower exposure by tapping on screen and lowering exposure with the floating slider controller.

Thanks to Arnova and all the users on telegram testing out this magnificent work. Will keep posted if a rootless version of this method is found.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to elmarian756 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elmarian756 Ad-Free

30th May 2019, 06:41 AM |#2  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmarian756

Hi! As some of you users may know, arnova tried to enable aux cameras for gcam for the op7 pro. The thing is that a line is missing on vendor / build prop.
The line is vendor.camera.aux.packagelist=org.codeaurora.snapc am

Problem is that if i edit Vendor/build.prop after reboot it regenerates back to default.

Found out that in system/build.prop there is a couple of lines but coding is not my strong point here.

The lines are:

Expose aux camera for below packages
#ifndef VENDOR_EDIT
#vendor.camera.aux.packagelist=org.codeaurora.snap cam,com.qualcomm.saltproject2
#else
vendor.camera.aux.packagelist=org.codeaurora.snapc am,com.oneplus.factorymode,com.oneplus.camera,com. oneplus.healthcheck
persist.vendor.camera.privapp.list=com.oneplus.cam era
#endif
#ifdef VENDOR_EDIT
persist.vendor.camera.oissr.debug=0
#endif
#enable IZat OptInApp overlay
persist.vendor.overlay.izat.optin=rro

Any ideas or someone experienced on this?

Will try this later. Is there any telegram channel where arnova is active for OP7 Pro?
30th May 2019, 08:45 AM |#3  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by felek73

Will try this later. Is there any telegram channel where arnova is active for OP7 Pro?

Google Camera [OP7/7PRO]
This is the official Telegram group of Google Camera for the OnePlus 7/Pro

https://t.me/gcamOP7
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AmanJhawar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AmanJhawar Ad-Free
30th May 2019, 09:45 AM |#4  
Flag Denmark
Thanks Meter: 435

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmanJhawar

Google Camera [OP7/7PRO]
This is the official Telegram group of Google Camera for the OnePlus 7/Pro

https://t.me/gcamOP7

Thanks for the link!
I had completely missed that telegram group..-
30th May 2019, 10:14 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko2931

Thanks for the link!

Yes, in that group this came up last night. (Cant attach screenshots for some reason). Diggin up i found that i need to edit vendor build prop through a magisk module or twrp in order to the changes to stick. No luck still since i dont have twrp and do have magisk. But not such module Perhaps bringing this up on xda it someone figure this out! Please if someone works this out let us know!
30th May 2019, 10:17 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Screenshots
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190530-060318.jpg
Views:	3326
Size:	401.8 KB
ID:	4768359   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190530-060411.jpg
Views:	3358
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	4768360  
30th May 2019, 04:45 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
for what it's worth, since updating my GM1917 to 9.5.4 I have been able to toggle and use both aux lenses in gcam
The Following User Says Thank You to tab00t^2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tab00t^2 Ad-Free
30th May 2019, 04:57 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko2931

Thanks for the link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tab00t^2

for what it's worth, since updating my GM1917 to 9.5.4 I have been able to toggle and use both aux lenses in gcam

Really? Can you point me to the gcam version, and if you are rooted, or have any magisk modules?
30th May 2019, 05:07 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

Really? Can you point me to the gcam version, and if you are rooted, or have any magisk modules?

Weird, right? So I don't know if it's coincidence or a glitch or something -- when I was on 9.5.3 I was completely stock and I tried a ton of ports but none was working. Since 9.5.4 I've been rooted, etc. and it's randomly started working with all lenses on a couple different ports.

I'm running 9.5.6 with Kirisakura 1.0.0 (installed through EXKM), TWRP 3.3.1-18 with the following Magisk modules:
- Companion Module for Kirisakura Kernel
- Init.d Injector
- liboemcrypto disabler
-microG Installer
-NFS-INJECTOR
-OxygenOS Gmail Battery Fix
-Riru - Core
- Riru - EdXposed - SandHook
-Systemless Hosts
-Wifi Bonding (Qcom)
-xXx NoLimits 7.0 for One Plus

The best gcam port for using all lenses I've found was the one I was using on my S10+: MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova_TInNeun_4lens_V1.3.03119.06 45-02j.apk
The Following User Says Thank You to tab00t^2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tab00t^2 Ad-Free
30th May 2019, 05:15 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tab00t^2

Weird, right? So I don't know if it's coincidence or a glitch or something -- when I was on 9.5.3 I was completely stock and I tried a ton of ports but none was working. Since 9.5.4 I've been rooted, etc. and it's randomly started working with all lenses on a couple different ports.

I'm running 9.5.6 with Kirisakura 1.0.0 (installed through EXKM), TWRP 3.3.1-18 with the following Magisk modules:
- Companion Module for Kirisakura Kernel
- Init.d Injector
- liboemcrypto disabler
-microG Installer
-NFS-INJECTOR
-OxygenOS Gmail Battery Fix
-Riru - Core
- Riru - EdXposed - SandHook
-Systemless Hosts
-Wifi Bonding (Qcom)
-xXx NoLimits 7.0 for One Plus

The best gcam port for using all lenses I've found was the one I was using on my S10+: MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova_TInNeun_4lens_V1.3.03119.06 45-02j.apk

Great, so it works, lets start from scracth: can you tell me where can i download that apk? I will start from this app and next replicating the same conditions until i get what makes it work!
30th May 2019, 05:25 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

Great, so it works, lets start from scracth: can you tell me where can i download that apk? I will start from this app and next replicating the same conditions until i get what makes it work!

Download the apk here: https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfil...9.0645-02j.apk

and here's a link to my saved config file with all of the lenses setup/working: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r-r...ew?usp=sharing

I've found that it can only switch between two sets of lenses at a time (normal/wide or normal/tele) and that in order to toggle in night mode it works best on cycle and not long press. To switch between lens sets you need to long press on the photo preview.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tab00t^2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tab00t^2 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)