FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Magisk] Anxious 7 Pro v81 & Companion v12 (Call Screen, Duo Handover, VVM and more)

1,605 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,487

By TotallyAnxious, Senior Member on 23rd October 2019, 08:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Here's a magisk module I originally made when I was using my HTC 10. I updated it to work with my LG V30 and now it's available for the 7 Pro. This has and always will be made for my personal use. It's really up to you to troubleshoot it with your setup, if issues occur. The ever-changing feature list is below. Modules for other phones had different features. It's just what I use on that phone under the same name.

Anxious 7 Pro v81 enables:
Anxious Kernel Script, Google Phone Framework, Pixel 1-4 Feature Flags, Razer Phone 2 Nova Launcher (More Reliable Google Feed), YouTube Vanced (Black)

Anxious 7 Pro Companion v12 enables:
Call Screen w/ Listen In, Duo Handover, VVM

Support:
Unless you're using a GM1917 I probably won't provide extensive support, this is made for my personal usage, and shared with you to do whatever you want with. I do go on rants occasionally so maybe you'll get lucky and get one of my infamous support rants lol.

Personal Testing/Usage:
v51+/v3+ - 10.0.1.GM21AA on Verizon
Current Kernel - Kirisakura Kernel 1.3.0
Current Magisk - 20.1

I keep no secrets with compatibility. I haven't a clue if it'll work for you. Hey I rhymed, all it takes is common sense to figure out. If you don't have that, don't be on a developer website.

How to install:
0. Reread entire OP.
1. Uninstall Kirisakura Kernel Companion, Google Framework/Phone, and/or Nova Companion, if any/all are installed. Reboot if you uninstalled.
2. Install "Anxious7Pro_v*.zip". (Magisk Manager or TWRP)
3. Reboot.
4. Install google phone apk from apkmirror (v40 is the latest with call screen working).
5. Set up google phone, i.e. grant all permissions (including "Draw over other apps" and "Modify system settings"), set as default phone app, open app and set up available features.
6. Install "Anxious7ProCompanion_v*.zip". (Magisk Manager recommended)
7. Reboot.
8. You profit.
9. Donate.
10. I profit.

If you don't follow the instructions, you'll probably end up in a non-boot/bootloop.

Download(s):
https://mega.nz/#F!cLhSiCKL!c2VzchGcXYSlKAcFUeHEOg

Q: Can you provide a mirror?
A: No.
Q: Why?
A: Mega is very mobile friendly and collects no metrics, I can't even track the number of downloads!

Donate:
https://www.paypal.me/JTrefzger

Changelog:
Will be available on each release post. I will not compile a changelog in one post.

Magisk:
The modules only supports magisk 18+, according to documentation, not my testing. Bug reports from beta versions of magisk will likely not be investigated. I only use the latest stable magisk. So if you're not then don't complain.

Uninstalling magisk and reinstalling should always be attempted before reporting missing app issues. This module isn't super complex but it does a lot of things. It'll likely worsen any sort of partially corrupted magisk.img. So starting off with a fresh magisk installation will either fix the issue or at least help you track down the issue. (shouldn't happen anymore)

Troubleshooting/Warnings:
If Google Phone, YouTube, etc... disappears, flash in twrp, instead of magisk manager. Not sure why the magisk.img isn't always resized when a module is flashed with the manager. (shouldn't happen anymore)

If Google Phone is reported as unsupported in the Play Store then clear the Play Store's cache and data. It should work after that but a reboot might be needed sometimes.

Clean installs of roms will probably have better outcomes, if it didn't work. But I'm not your supervisor. *Insert Archer meme*

Modules I also have installed - Busybox for Android NDK, SQLite for ARM aarch64 devices, substratum, Systemless Hosts. (anything else may or may not conflict)

Credit:
@JohnFawkes
@Freak07

This module is mostly created from parts and pieces of other modules and other things I've found online, some pieces remain in original form and others were edited for my needs. If you want to be credited in the OP, just let me know, I did not keep track of where everything came from or if I obtained stuff from someone who was/wasn't the creator.

Other:
My recommended custom accent color is #3b77db.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TotallyAnxious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TotallyAnxious Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 08:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 822

More
This sounds amazing, May i ask for a very wanted feature? Android 10(Q) battery! If you make this possible ill love you to the ends of the world and donate a bottle of something good lol 😁
23rd October 2019, 08:34 PM |#3  
Flag Fresno
Thanks Meter: 1,599

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for this. Can you tell me if the transcripts for screened calls are available with this?
23rd October 2019, 08:38 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkis2k

This sounds amazing, May i ask for a very wanted feature? Android 10(Q) battery! If you make this possible ill love you to the ends of the world and donate a bottle of something good lol

What are you asking for?
23rd October 2019, 08:40 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollyjay

Thanks for this. Can you tell me if the transcripts for screened calls are available with this?

I'm not sure if call screen saves the transcript, but I've interacted with live transcriptions with multiple responses. You can see my screenshots in the other call screen thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to TotallyAnxious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TotallyAnxious Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 08:45 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 822

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAnxious

What are you asking for?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...s-oos-t3847008

"v1.7 (23/04/2019)
- Add Android Q battery icon style"

This, if its possible tho, its weird that the oneplus 6 thats on pie can and we cant, you think its possible? 🤤
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikkis2k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikkis2k Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 08:48 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkis2k

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...s-oos-t3847008

"v1.7 (23/04/2019)
- Add Android Q battery icon style"

This, if its possible tho, its weird that the oneplus 6 thats on pie can and we cant, you think its possible? 🤤

No idea. I'll maybe look into it. But it's not something that immediately hits me as "hey I can do that". I'm incredibly lazy and stoned a lot (stage 3 colon cancer survivor). So keep that in mind lol
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TotallyAnxious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TotallyAnxious Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 09:01 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Well dang, I still can't get call screening even with this. That's the only feature I truly missed when I left pixel 2 xl for a op7pro. I just have the worst luck trying to get it back.

Also I had a super nice stable device on 9.5.13 with root and a lot of nice things and the only reason I even went to 10 was the other thread said it was working on 10 and xxx said it worked on 10 and now I've been on 10.0.1 for 3 days and it's the buggiest thing I've used ever

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs
23rd October 2019, 09:03 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spart0n

Well dang, I still can't get call screening even with this. That's the only feature I truly missed when I left pixel 2 xl for a op7pro. I just have the worst luck trying to get it back.

Also I had a super nice stable device on 9.5.13 with root and a lot of nice things and the only reason I even went to 10 was the other thread said it was working on 10 and xxx said it worked on 10 and now I've been on 10.0.1 for 3 days and it's the buggiest thing I've used ever

It's incompatible with your set up or you didn't follow the directions. (I'm not angry). But I've posted screenshots proving it works :P

So try eliminating variables till it works.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...5/post80596215
23rd October 2019, 09:33 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAnxious

It's incompatible with your set up or you didn't follow the directions. (I'm not angry). But I've posted screenshots proving it works :P

So try eliminating variables till it works.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...5/post80596215

Well I am on the T-Mobile version converted to international so mine is the gm1915 which you already said might not work. I completely clearer out every magisk module I had, rebooted to a stock rooted phone and things were fine, installed your first module, rebooted things were fine, installed the companion module and get a bootloop. Thankfully I have twrp and uninstalled the companion module and now it boots. I just have a gut feeling it's not going to work on here and I REALLY hate wiping my data so I'm just going to wait and see if someone else makes a breakthrough on the gm1915 model

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs
23rd October 2019, 09:36 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spart0n

Well I am on the T-Mobile version converted to international so mine is the gm1915 which you already said might not work. I completely clearer out every magisk module I had, rebooted to a stock rooted phone and things were fine, installed your first module, rebooted things were fine, installed the companion module and get a bootloop. Thankfully I have twrp and uninstalled the companion module and now it boots. I just have a gut feeling it's not going to work on here and I REALLY hate wiping my data so I'm just going to wait and see if someone else makes a breakthrough on the gm1915 model

Well you didn't follow the instructions. You didn't install Google phone. Please reread.

If you don't install Google phone before flashing the companion. It won't boot.

I provided clear instructions. Follow them and you'll get call screen.

How to install (Magisk Manager or TWRP):
0. Uninstall kirisakura kernel companion, it's included.
1. Install "Anxious7Pro_v*.zip".
2. Reboot.
3. Install google phone apk from apkmirror or just use the apk in the companion module.
4. Set up google phone, i.e. grant all permissions (including "Draw over other apps" and "Modify system settings"), set as default phone app, open app and set up available features.
5. Install "Anxious7ProCompanion_v*.zip".
6. Reboot.
7. Profit.

Also you should pretty much always have BusyBox installed if you're rooted.
The Following User Says Thank You to TotallyAnxious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TotallyAnxious Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)