Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Will i have to reinstall this and my other modules?
Not if you install twrp (if installed) and magisk right after without rebooting in between.

Dirty flashing replaces kernel. And I believe OnePlus zips act like rom zips. So your magisk should stay intact. But I'm not entirely sure.

Unless you want to extract just those 3 apps and replace them. Which I won't help with. Lol

Im assuming dirty flashing can happen while staying in same system spot (a or b). I've never had to dirty flash. Had this phone for less than a month.

Last edited:

berthoff

Jul 30, 2019
Not if you install twrp (if installed) and magisk right after without rebooting in between.

Dirty flashing replaces kernel. And I believe OnePlus zips act like rom zips. So your magisk should stay intact. But I'm not entirely sure.

Unless you want to extract just those 3 apps and replace them. Which I won't help with. Lol

I will go with the dirty flash i think, thanks for your help :good:

berthoff

Jul 30, 2019
How exactly do i dirty flash? Ive tried reflashing the stock rom in TWRP but its not made any difference

lollyjay

Jul 26, 2012
Fresno

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191023-172819.jpg
    Screenshot_20191023-172819.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 996
Reactions: TotallyAnxious

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 5
I have no idea what kirisakura kernel companion is, but is compatible with Smurf kernel? Could that be my problem?

I also had Google phone installed before I did this, I preferred it over oos dialer from the start

Kirisakura kernel companion is a magisk module that you have to install when you use the Kirikasura kernel in another thread. If you didn't install that kernel then you have no need to remove the module.

If Smurf kernel makes you install a magisk module when you use it then yes you must remove that module instead and then follow the rest of the directions. However, if you go to your magisk modules section and you don't have a custom kernel magisk module then you only need to do the second part of step one which is removing Google Phone IF it is installed. If it isn't you'll install it later. Hopefully that clears up what Kirisakura kernel companion module is.

brewmaster

Oct 4, 2006
Thanks for making this as simple as possible. I have one issue that I think is related. Since installing yesterday I have been unable to use OnePlus or Google cameras, they both crash after opening. Tried deleting cache in both apps. Both worked fine before and I was just curious if anyone had this issue

Thanks for making this as simple as possible. I have one issue that I think is related. Since installing yesterday I have been unable to use OnePlus or Google cameras, they both crash after opening. Tried deleting cache in both apps. Both worked fine before and I was just curious if anyone had this issue
I'm not sure what would cause that. Does it work with just the first module installed? If it had to be anything it would be the second module. Since it's my first unity module.

Which rom/model are you on?

I had something similar happen in testing but I couldn't repeat the bug once it went away.

brewmaster

Oct 4, 2006
I'm not sure what would cause that. Does it work with just the first module installed? If it had to be anything it would be the second module. Since it's my first unity module.

Which rom/model are you on?

I had something similar happen in testing but I couldn't repeat the bug once it went away.

I'm on stock 10.0.1 on GM1917. I deleted the second module and the camera still crashed. Uninstalled the both modules and camera works again

lollyjay

Jul 26, 2012
Fresno
Well I am on the T-Mobile version converted to international so mine is the gm1915 which you already said might not work. I completely clearer out every magisk module I had, rebooted to a stock rooted phone and things were fine, installed your first module, rebooted things were fine, installed the companion module and get a bootloop. Thankfully I have twrp and uninstalled the companion module and now it boots. I just have a gut feeling it's not going to work on here and I REALLY hate wiping my data so I'm just going to wait and see if someone else makes a breakthrough on the gm1915 model
FYI I am on same model and this procedure works for me :confused:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Labs

I'm on stock 10.0.1 on GM1917. I deleted the second module and the camera still crashed. Uninstalled the both modules and camera works again
Uninstall Google camera. And if you installed any OnePlus camera on top of the included one. But it's likely something conflicting in your set up. Once it went away for me it never came back.

There's nothing actually camera related in either module. And I couldn't repeat the issue once it went away for me. So it's likely magisk+oos 10 things causing an issue and my module exacerbating it.

I have this installed as an update to the stock camera. https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/oneplus-ltd/oneplus-camera/oneplus-camera-3-8-74-release/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope.

^Preemptively answering all PMs.
    https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-6/themes/magisk-aod-lockscreen-weather-mods-oos-t3847008

"v1.7 (23/04/2019)
    - Add Android Q battery icon style"

This, if its possible tho, its weird that the oneplus 6 thats on pie can and we cant, you think its possible? ?
    No idea. I'll maybe look into it. But it's not something that immediately hits me as "hey I can do that". I'm incredibly lazy and stoned a lot (stage 3 colon cancer survivor). So keep that in mind lol
    v114 enables the Pixel 3 assistant.

Meaning dark theme for Google app and assistant. The new condensed Google Assistant ui. And probably more.

No continued conversation yet. That's pixel 4. And actually breaks the ability to access Google Assistant with a broken download of something. Not sure what. Can't figure it out.

Anyways the wave of updates is just because of stuff going well in my life right now and the holidays, but like f*u*c*k* (I beat the filter lolol) indigenous genocide and religion in general lol
    Dear all,
    I have to remove some off topic posts from this thread. Please mind your words when posting on XDA. This applies both to developers and users.

Thanks for your compliance.

Jerry
    Forum Moderator
    Moderator Information:
    I have to nuke so many most recent posts to keep this thread on topic. I need to remind everyone that on XDA, all users, no matter developers or users, should post comments in a civil manner, no calling names, lack of respect, or flaming.

Please do remember our rules when you post. Thank you.

Jerry