FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Substratum] Edge Light Overlays

71 posts
Thanks Meter: 37
 
By alienator88, Member on 13th June 2019, 03:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread


Edge Lightr
Via this substratum theme you can change the edge light notification to a few colors and custom image textures. Some are shown as examples above.

Colors:
-Orange
-Pink
-Purple
-Red
-White

Custom Textures:
-Galaxy
-Honeycomb
-Tech
-Kamehameha

How to apply overlays:
1. Select the desired edge light
2. Build and install
3. Reboot
4. Substratum > Manager Tab
5. Select the overlay and enable it.

Download:
Apk is attached below

Changelog
1.0 - Initial Build

Updates
I will be adding more colors/textures. If you guys have any ideas also, let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Poster_small.png
Views:	6228
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	4775931  
Attached Files
File Type: apk Edge Lightr.apk - [Click for QR Code] (6.51 MB, 4610 views)
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to alienator88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alienator88 Ad-Free
 
 
13th June 2019, 03:57 AM |#2  
freakzapster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 347
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupascu.marius



Edge Lightr
Via this substratum theme you can change the edge light notification to a few colors and custom image textures. Some are shown as examples above.

Colors:
-Orange
-Pink
-Purple
-Red
-White

Custom Textures:
-Galaxy
-Honeycomb
-Tech
-Kamehameha

How to apply overlays:
1. Select the desired edge light
2. Build and install
3. Reboot
4. Substratum > Manager Tab
5. Select the overlay and enable it.

Download:
Apk file is attached to the post

Changelog
1.0 - Initial Build

FAbulous was waiting for something like this .....

one request if u can increase looping time like LED notification ???
13th June 2019, 04:05 AM |#3  
galaxys's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 2,031
 
More
Nice to see! Kudos
13th June 2019, 04:09 AM |#4  
alienator88's Avatar
OP Member
Flag SLC
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakzapster

FAbulous was waiting for something like this .....

one request if u can increase looping time like LED notification ???

I haven't been able to find where the system handles the notification animation settings yet. Currently it only starts showing the image from the center and stretches it out to reach the top and bottom.
If anybody has any ideas what part of the OS handles that, much appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to alienator88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alienator88 Ad-Free
13th June 2019, 01:18 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I downloaded the apk and when I try to run it, I get a "Can't open file" error. I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong because I have active substratum themes.

T-Mobile variant converted to 9.5.7.GM21AA with root, Magisk, substratum.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs
13th June 2019, 01:37 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
That Kamehameha option looks cleeeeaaaannnnn. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyslapz

I downloaded the apk and when I try to run it, I get a "Can't open file" error. I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong because I have active substratum themes.

T-Mobile variant converted to 9.5.7.GM21AA with root, Magisk, substratum.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs

It is probably getting blocked by Play Protect. Try going into the play store to see if it is listed there and allow the application to install.
13th June 2019, 02:27 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3U

That Kamehameha option looks cleeeeaaaannnnn. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------



It is probably getting blocked by Play Protect. Try going into the play store to see if it is listed there and allow the application to install.

I checked and it "looks good."
I figured it out though. My issue was that I clicked too fast and downloaded the apk twice. I was trying to run the apk from my Downloads instead of the XDA folder, giving me an error for some reason.

Everything works just fine now.
Thanks.



Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs
13th June 2019, 03:52 PM |#8  
alienator88's Avatar
OP Member
Flag SLC
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyslapz

I checked and it "looks good."
I figured it out though. My issue was that I clicked too fast and downloaded the apk twice. I was trying to run the apk from my Downloads instead of the XDA folder, giving me an error for some reason.
Everything works just fine now.
Thanks.
Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs

Awesome, glad you got it worked out man
14th June 2019, 09:11 AM |#9  
Robert235's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
This is absolutely amazing, it never came to mind that the horizon light would be customizable like this.
15th June 2019, 08:12 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 569
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienator88

I haven't been able to find where the system handles the notification animation settings yet. Currently it only starts showing the image from the center and stretches it out to reach the top and bottom.

If anybody has any ideas what part of the OS handles that, much appreciated.

It would be great if edge lighting being persistent, because now flashes just for one cycle the disappears.

Normal people don't stare at their phones all day hoping to catch a glimpse of a notification.
The edge lighting is pretty useless as it is stock.

Hope someone can help and figure out how to get to working being persistent.

Thanks for the effort I'm definitely going to try it as long received my device.



Sent from my V1821A using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to paatha13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paatha13 Ad-Free
18th June 2019, 10:33 AM |#11  
MarcoG:'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Herford Germany(NRW)
Thanks Meter: 2,347
 
More
Works fine ,thank you


Gesendet von meinem Renovate ICE 2.2 GM1913 mit Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
edge lighting, overlay, substratum

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes