FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Substratum Theme] Materialize OxygenOS with Out of Oxygen

131 posts
Thanks Meter: 132

Post Reply Email Thread
banner

Out of Oxygen

Out of Oxygen is a substratum theme which tries to achieve a more Pixel-like experience for OxygenOS by changing icons and other visual things. I also added a couple of extra features like hiding the Roaming, data off and data indicator icons. The theme does also include a couple of wallpapers.

Themed apps and features:
SystemUI
- Quick settings
- Power menu
- Ambient Display
- Lockscreen
- Volume panel
- Ringer slider
- In-display fingerprint icon
Statusbar
- Statusbar icons (Pie icons for consistency with the battery icon)
- Statusbar icons (Android Q icons coming soon)
- Option to hide network indicators (small arrows)
SystemUI Header*
- Option to hide data of "x" icon
- Option to hide roaming icon
Android System
- Corner radius** (you can use all corner radius' for all devices but I named them to fit the device)
- Power menu
- Some quick settings icons
OnePlus Launcher
- Quick menu
- Settings
- Multiple icons
- Shelf
- Recents screen
Settings
- Main screen
- Icons
Google App
- Google Assistant
OnePlus screenrecorder
- Quick settings icon
WhatsApp
- Notification icon
- Some minor icon tweaks
Telegram X
- Notification icon

more coming soon...

* make sure the header overlay is on top of ALL SystemUI overlays
** Corner radius applies to: quick settings, notifications, recent apps, Google Assistant pop-up, volume and power menu, most pop-ups and more I probably forgot about.

Screenshots:
Google Photos album

How to use:
1. First you'll need Substratum or Substratum lite, you can download these from Google Play.
2. Open substratum and select Out of Oxygen.
3. On top of the list choose your Android version.
4. Select all overlays you'd like to use and choose what ever you want in each of the drop-down menus.
5. Tap on the button in the bottom right corner and tap "build & enable"
6. Reboot, open substratum go to the overlay page and select all overlays, tap the bottom right icons and choose enable
7. Enjoy!

Supported devices:
Most OnePlus devices running OxygenOS should be able to use this theme, it supports Android 9 and Android 10.
The theme is tested by me on a OnePlus 5T (P), 6 (P & Q) and 7 Pro (Q). Some features and apps are not supported in Pie, the theme is build for Android 10 and I tried to get as many stuff working on Pie as possible, most of it is themed on Pie but Settings for example is a Q exclusive. This theme does not officially support any non-OnePlus devices nor any other roms than OxygenOS.

NOTE:
I am not responsible for any problems with your device after installing this theme. I will be more than happy to assist you to resolve the issue but I won't take responsibility for any bricked devices.

Support and suggestions:
I'll give support in this thread or on Telegram, I will only provide support to users on the latest stable, beta or alpha build with all overlays updated to the latest version, users using a OnePlus device on OxygenOS 9 or 10 and users who are able to provide a decent description of the problem in English (with a screenshot or reproduction steps when needed). You can also share your suggestions, I'll always consider these but it won't be a guaranty I'll add them, some things have a higher priority than others and could take a while to make it into the theme.

Downloads: (only beta builds will be shared on XDA)
MEGA
XDA

Telegram Release Channel: (used for both alpha and beta releases)
Telegram Channel

For all of my other projects and to stay up-to-date you can follow my other Telegram Channel
Attached Files
File Type: apk Out of Oxygen_2.6.9-beta.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.86 MB, 3086 views)
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to tych_tych For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tych_tych Ad-Free
4th November 2019, 12:22 PM |#4  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 388

More
Can I combine this with Swift Black substratum theme?
4th November 2019, 12:26 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Diever

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordietm

Can I combine this with Swift Black substratum theme?

You should be able to combine it with almost all other substratum themes. When an element from Out of Oxygen doesn't show up make sure it's on top of the priories list.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tych_tych For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tych_tych Ad-Free
4th November 2019, 03:27 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Looks great, love it!

Question for you: Are you able to incorporate the Pixel's handling of the gesture bar into the mod? Google defaults to using a black bar for the gesture bar instead of white. This helps in apps like Discord where if you use dark mode you still have a huge white line at the bottom. See my picture for an example.

4th November 2019, 03:42 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Diever

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calizorz

Looks great, love it!

Question for you: Are you able to incorporate the Pixel's handling of the gesture bar into the mod? Google defaults to using a black bar for the gesture bar instead of white. This helps in apps like Discord where if you use dark mode you still have a huge white line at the bottom. See my picture for an example.

I don't think that's possible but I could take a look
The Following User Says Thank You to tych_tych For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tych_tych Ad-Free
4th November 2019, 03:49 PM |#8  
Flag Toronto

More
This is what it shows in priorities and it doesn't let me move OutofOxygen to the top and keep it there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191104-094738.jpg
Views:	1380
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	4866157   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191104-094712.jpg
Views:	1380
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	4866159  
4th November 2019, 03:51 PM |#9  
Flag Toronto

More
Plus this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191104-095028.jpg
Views:	826
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	4866163  
4th November 2019, 03:54 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Diever

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordietm

Plus this:

If you're unable to move it to the top that isn't an issue with my theme, you should contact projekt (the developer of substratum) about that. I do also recommend you use substratum lite instead, it's much more stable
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tych_tych For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tych_tych Ad-Free
4th November 2019, 04:28 PM |#11  
Flag Haarlem
Thanks Meter: 396

More
How to work make PA?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
material, oneplus, oxygen, substratum, theme

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)