[Substratum Theme] Materialize OxygenOS with Out of Oxygen

Search This thread

rmendez011

It's hard-coded into smali, substratum can't modify smali files, on most other Android roms (mostly AOSP roms or on the Pixels) the wifi and data icons are also coded in smali since oreo or something so I think we should be happy OnePlus still uses the old method.

Sorry I keey asking questions, but couldn't a Magisk Module fix that? And why should we be happy they use the old method? Sorry I'm a noob on this ?

tych_tych

Feb 11, 2015
Diever
tychoregter.com
Sorry I keey asking questions, but couldn't a Magisk Module fix that? And why should we be happy they use the old method? Sorry I'm a noob on this ?
Well yes, in theory we could, with Magisk you ca change almost every file of an app because it literally replaces the whole apk, this means you could also change smali files but it also means it's way more likely to cause bootloops and other issues since it doesn't just change a drawable or something but the whole app package and you'll have to make a new version for every single device and for almost every single update. I know there's a module that did it for the OnePlus 6 but that one seems abandoned too. Maybe someone could make a new one but I'm not planning on maintaining something like that. As of your second question, well, since OnePlus uses the old method instead of the new one we're still able to theme the wifi and data icon using Substratum, on Pixels for example you can't do that anymore because they use the new method and put these icons in smali.

rmendez011

Well yes, in theory we could, with Magisk you ca change almost every file of an app because it literally replaces the whole apk, this means you could also change smali files but it also means it's way more likely to cause bootloops and other issues since it doesn't just change a drawable or something but the whole app package and you'll have to make a new version for every single device and for almost every single update. I know there's a module that did it for the OnePlus 6 but that one seems abandoned too. Maybe someone could make a new one but I'm not planning on maintaining something like that. As of your second question, well, since OnePlus uses the old method instead of the new one we're still able to theme the wifi and data icon using Substratum, on Pixels for example you can't do that anymore because they use the new method and put these icons in smali.
Oof that sounds time consuming ?. OHHH I thought you said OnePlus also codes the Wifi and Data in smali I was confused.

i am Kal-El

Jul 23, 2013
Ghaziabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
I don't think that's possible but I could take a look

Just wanted to second that. Oxygen OS' handling of the navigation bar colors is awful in so many apps. Plus, the home bar or gesture bar is much thicker, and longer on OOS compared to stock Android and to me that just looks ugly. Maybe OnePlus wanted to copy the iOS style but compared to the tiny line on stock Android this is just ugly. The navigation bar as a whole is why I am using a custom ROM right now. But if there's a way your substratum theme could get rid of those annoyances, I would love to hop on OOS again. And also, saw the screenshots, amazing work anyway. When I get back to OOS, and I know I will, I will definitely try it.

G

GuestD2559

There's still an x indicator on top of the signal icons which I don't like, when my data is off. I used "Hide both" data off and roaming indicators. I am using OnePlus 6 OOS 10

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191106-201549.jpg
    Screenshot_20191106-201549.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 1,666
Last edited:

infamousvincci

Apr 10, 2013
Carson
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
I don't think it's possible to just change the font in a couple of places, it's either system-wide or nothing, I myself am using a custom version of Product Sans which is a little thicker than the regular one. Now your other questions, I don't think the statusbar and the quicksettings wifi icons are different since they use the exact same drawable in OxygenOS. I'll keep that VPN icon in mind for a future update, thanks for letting me know, I personally don't use a VPN so I didn't notice it yet.

Would you be able to share your product sans version?

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Would you be able to share your product sans version?

EDIT: I just saw your module haha. Thanks.

jnss98b

Jul 25, 2018
NYC
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
You should still add Android 10 bordered status bar icons anyways; make it as another choice in the drop down menu. Somehow OnePlus decided not to include these in OOS 10 and kept the exact same icons from Pie.

Sent from my OnePlus 6 using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

I don't think that's possible but I could take a look
Could you also see if you could change the gesture bar to the smaller Pixel one? I know you could do that with the old navbar icons before with a simple drawable swap but this one might be different because they actually animate and tweak its color dynamically

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

"Colorful" is one of OnePlus' own themes, you can find it in your device Settings > Customization > Tone
Yes but that also turns off custom accent color for some stupid reason. I think you should still add it

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uc

Out of Oxygen

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tychoregter.outofoxygen

Out of Oxygen is a substratum theme which tries to achieve a more Pixel-like experience for OxygenOS by changing icons and other visual things. I also added a couple of extra features like hiding the Roaming, data off and data indicator icons. The theme does also include a couple of wallpapers.

Themed apps and features:

SystemUI
    - Quick settings
    - Power menu
    - Ambient Display
    - Lockscreen
    - Volume panel
    - Ringer slider
    SystemUI Header*
    - Multiple in-display fingerpint icon options
    SystemUI Statusbar*
    - Statusbar icons (P or Q style)
    - Option to hide network indicators (small arrows)
    SystemUI Navigationbar*
    - Option to change width of the navigation gesture pill
    Android System
    - Corner radius** (you can use all corner radius' for all devices but I named them to fit the device)
    - Power menu
    - Some quick settings icons
    OnePlus Launcher
    - Quick menu
    - Settings
    - Multiple icons
    - Shelf
    - Recents screen
    Settings
    - Main screen
    - Icons
    Google App
    - Google Assistant
    OnePlus screenrecorder
    - Quick settings icon
    WhatsApp
    - Notification icon
    - Some minor icon tweaks
    Telegram X
    - Notification icon

more coming soon...

* make sure the header, statusbar and naviationbar overlays are on top of ALL SystemUI overlays
    ** Corner radius applies to: quick settings, notifications, recent apps, Google Assistant pop-up, volume and power menu, most pop-ups and more I probably forgot about.
    Screenshots:
    Google Photos album

How to use:
    1. First you'll need Substratum or Substratum lite, you can download these from Google Play.
    2. Open substratum and select Out of Oxygen.
    3. On top of the list choose your Android version.
    4. Select all overlays you'd like to use and choose what ever you want in each of the drop-down menus.
    5. Tap on the button in the bottom right corner and tap "build & enable"
    6. Reboot, open substratum go to the overlay page and select all overlays, tap the bottom right icons and choose enable
    7. Enjoy!

Supported devices:
    Most OnePlus devices running OxygenOS should be able to use this theme, it supports Android 9 and Android 10.
    The theme is tested by me on a OnePlus 5T (P), 6 (P & Q) and 7 Pro (Q). Some features and apps are not supported in Pie, the theme is build for Android 10 and I tried to get as many stuff working on Pie as possible, most of it is themed on Pie but Settings for example is a Q exclusive. This theme does not officially support any non-OnePlus devices nor any other roms than OxygenOS.

NOTE:
    I am not responsible for any problems with your device after installing this theme. I will be more than happy to assist you to resolve the issue but I won't take responsibility for any bricked devices.

Support and suggestions:
    I'll give support in this thread or on Telegram, I will only provide support to users on the latest stable, beta or alpha build with all overlays updated to the latest version, users using a OnePlus device on OxygenOS 9 or 10 and users who are able to provide a decent description of the problem in English (with a screenshot or reproduction steps when needed). You can also share your suggestions, I'll always consider these but it won't be a guaranty I'll add them, some things have a higher priority than others and could take a while to make it into the theme.

Changelog:

From now on changelogs are only provided to the Telegram channel and Google Play, check either of those for the latest changes.

2.8.1-beta
    - Added android Q statusbar icons (experimental)
    - Added option to change width of the gesture pill
    - Added options for the fingerprint icon (6T and newer only)
    - Added some minor icons etc
    - Reordered all overlays
    - Cleaned up code
    - Got everything ready for a Google Play release
    - Probably more I forgot
    NOTE: Please uninstall all old overlays and do a fresh install of all the overlays you want.

2.6.9-beta
    - Initial release
    Downloads:
    NOTE: The signature changed! If you're on 2.8.0 or lower you have to uninstall and reinstall the app, either from Google Play or one of the links below, in order to keep receiving updates!
    Google Play
    Telegram Channel

For all of my other projects and to stay up-to-date you can follow my other Telegram Channel
    No, but I haven't had much time because of school and family. I'll soon try to update the theme.
    Hey guys! I just released Out of Oxygen on Google Play! This is my first app on Google Play so it's kind of a big deal for me! One this that's important to notice is that in order to install from Google Play or update to any future updates YOU NEED TO UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL THE APP! This is because of a change in signatures. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, you can find new versions of the apks in the main post or you can install the new versions from Google Play!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tychoregter.outofoxygen
    These quick settings icons look weird. Are you sure they are actually like this on Pixels? Data, auto rotate, flashlight, battery saver, location, night light, dnd, etc. look off
    No they aren't, they are material design icons, I'm already planning on also porting the Pixel icons over but that will take some time
    Version 2.8.1-beta is now available for download, this update has a couple of new features and fixes. This update is also (probably) the final release before a stable and beta release on Google Play. The beta build on Google Play will be the exact same as this build while the stable build won't include the Q statusbar icon option. Enjoy the update!