FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

DC dimming

282 posts
Thanks Meter: 140

By Tdeljr, Senior Member on 21st September 2019, 08:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Greetings all
I want to know if dc dimming actually helps.
I have problems with oled screens giving me massive headaches. Please if you dont have issues or dont believe that pwm effects people Dont Comment.
I am not new to using phones at all, but as Ive gotten older my eyes have gotten more sensitive and technology has gotten so much better, Ive been very limited in my choices when it comes to new phones. I had the 1plus6t and absolutely Loved it, unfortunately it was the worst for me as far as causing blazing headaches and actually feeling sick. I am very interested in this phone so if you have experience with pwm and with dc dimming, let me know. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Tdeljr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tdeljr Ad-Free
26th September 2019, 06:51 AM |#2  
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdeljr

Greetings all
I want to know if dc dimming actually helps.

I am sensitive to screen flicker too. I couldn't use amoled screens before oneplus 7.
Dc dimming definitely works and it helps (at least for me). It doesn't eliminate PWM flicker completely but makes it much more tolerable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Semmy7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Semmy7 Ad-Free
1st October 2019, 03:48 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
It doesn't give me headaches, but the OnePlus 7 screen hurts my eyes like crazy. DC dimming doesn't help.

However it does appear to show less flickers when taken with my camera. It still shows a lot of flicker at the lowest brightness settings.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)