FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Experiencing battery drain on new phone

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By wickedspice, Member on 30th July 2019, 08:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I bought my OP7 7 days ago , I have been experiencing poor battery life from day 1. SOT is around 3 to 4 hours , standby time is around 22 hours. If I leave the phone idle for an hour , the battery percentage drops 4 percent without any activity . I do remember receiving an OTA update on the first boot , I don't know if that was the culprit or I have been sold a lemon. I have waited for a week hoping that the battery life would improve after a few charge cycles but there has been no change.
Is everybody else facing the same issue , especially those who are on 9.5.x ?
15th August 2019, 08:44 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I have to say that i do not experience any issues like that. The overnight drain is minimal, a few % over 8 - 9 hours, and overall the screen time is as expected (i daily play some extremely CPU heavy games for a couple of hours and i still get around 5 hours of screen).
10th September 2019, 12:36 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm also experiencing the same issues. When phone idle abnormal battery drain.
Can you tell me if the phone with the cellular data turned off, uses data from your plan? Can you see that?
10th September 2019, 05:07 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I had same issue with my phone so then I returned it to Amazon and I received replacement which is working fine and giving good battery backup.
10th September 2019, 12:51 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwany.yadav

I had same issue with my phone so then I returned it to Amazon and I received replacement which is working fine and giving good battery backup.

I made 2 returns, I'm now with the third phone and still had the same issue. I'm losing my mind how is that possible. And for sure is all new phones with different imei.
10th September 2019, 01:28 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Every user has different usage profiles.
If your phone is rooted install Better Battery stats or FK to get detailed info about the rogue process that may be consuming more battery than it should.

Cheers
10th September 2019, 09:48 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teso79

Every user has different usage profiles.
If your phone is rooted install Better Battery stats or FK to get detailed info about the rogue process that may be consuming more battery than it should.

Cheers

I'm not a heavy usage user.
I'm not rooted but installed a similar app. I'll collect data and will post the screenshots.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)