Thanks Meter: 5,251

By strongst, Forum Moderator on 4th August 2019, 09:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This thread has been created
for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
Specific to

Oneplus 7

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
List of supporters

@strongst

To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
Specific Threads for Oneplus 7
Please look for a similar thread when visiting another device forum.
If you would like to create a [Help Thread] please Click Here.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to strongst For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strongst Ad-Free
5th August 2019, 10:20 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 265

More
Hello, I'm coming from several years of closed source Exynos Samsung. Struggle to get custom roms is a real pain. In addition, my love for bloatware, including big bro G apps/framework, is notoriously plunging to zero. So OP7 is gonna be my soon next phone.
Q: has anyone performed any deep clean of bloat and/or Google apps/framework on this model? Can it be done? In what %? Does it break anything natively working on OP7?
I know about the Tomatot, just what experience gives this process.
ps: I have a really bad OCD when reading com.google.abcdx
Nah, I'm good, just hate big brothers who spy on us.
5th August 2019, 11:08 AM |#3  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Munich

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w41ru5

Hello, I'm coming from several years of closed source Exynos Samsung. Struggle to get custom roms is a real pain. In addition, my love for bloatware, including big bro G apps/framework, is notoriously plunging to zero. So OP7 is gonna be my soon next phone.
Q: has anyone performed any deep clean of bloat and/or Google apps/framework on this model? Can it be done? In what %? Does it break anything natively working on OP7?
I know about the Tomatot, just what experience gives this process.
ps: I have a really bad OCD when reading com.google.abcdx
Nah, I'm good, just hate big brothers who spy on us.

You can freeze/debloat nearly everything on OxygenOS without any impact compared to Samsung. I'm also debloat nearly everything from Google which comes pre-installed. But it's only minor compared to other OS.
Oneplus is one of the cleanest OS around and near to stock.
The Following User Says Thank You to strongst For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strongst Ad-Free
5th August 2019, 11:24 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongst

You can freeze/debloat nearly everything on OxygenOS without any impact compared to Samsung. I'm also debloat nearly everything from Google which comes pre-installed. But it's only minor compared to other OS.
Oneplus is one of the cleanest OS around and near to stock.

Right, thanks.
Steps: unlock bootloader, twrp, root Magisk, Tomatot, test.
5th August 2019, 11:52 AM |#5  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Munich

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w41ru5

Right, thanks.
Steps: unlock bootloader, twrp, root Magisk, Tomatot, test.

Yeah, exactly. You can also have a look at xXx https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...d-ram-t3933927
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strongst For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strongst Ad-Free
5th August 2019, 02:30 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

Yeah, exactly. You can also have a look at xXx https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...d-ram-t3933927

Interesting concept. Thanks!
5th August 2019, 03:57 PM |#7  
España
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hi guys. it would be good to add the two threads of MsmDownloadTool. The original that installs HydrogenOS and the other thread of a partner that puts OOS.

MsmDownloadTool HydrogenOS: https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...rogen-t3953240

MsmDownloadTool OOS: https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...ce-to-t3954325

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Another question, when using MsmDownloadTool you have to start the phone in EDL mode. This mode has a duration of 10 seconds, then the phone restarts. Any user who has used this tool can claim to restart in EDL mode after 10 seconds, but if you press Start, do you keep EDL mode by installing the ROM Stock?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tURkOsANsE For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tURkOsANsE Ad-Free
11th August 2019, 01:10 PM |#8  
España

More
Hello friends, I have a doubt, in other phones, when I wanted to put a clean ROM, even if it was the Stock, I always did it from TWRP:
1. Wipe / Advanced Wipe / and marked: Dalvik / ART Cache, System and Data.
2. Flash ROM OOS.

My questions are:
a) Has anyone tried to do that Wipe System? and can you confirm if you can then install the OOS ROM or cause problems and make brick ?.

b) Can you also do Wipe Vendor with Wipe System without causing brick?

Thank you and see if someone has done those steps and takes me out of doubt.
11th August 2019, 03:57 PM |#9  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Munich

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tURkOsANsE

Hello friends, I have a doubt, in other phones, when I wanted to put a clean ROM, even if it was the Stock, I always did it from TWRP:
1. Wipe / Advanced Wipe / and marked: Dalvik / ART Cache, System and Data.
2. Flash ROM OOS.

My questions are:
a) Has anyone tried to do that Wipe System? and can you confirm if you can then install the OOS ROM or cause problems and make brick ?.

b) Can you also do Wipe Vendor with Wipe System without causing brick?

Thank you and see if someone has done those steps and takes me out of doubt.

Why should you brick the phone when you wipe system /vendor and then flashing those partitions again when flashing OxygenOS?
11th August 2019, 06:35 PM |#10  
España

More
Quote:

Why should you brick the phone when you wipe system /vendor and then flashing those partitions again when flashing OxygenOS?

I have already read it several times in the forum, and they say that then you have to install ROM by fastboot. That's why I ask, in case a partner did it and it worked. when I updated on other ROM phones, instead of directly flashing the new ROM, first to wipe system and cache and then install the ROM update. to make a "semi-clean" installation. And now I don't know if it could be done by doing wipe system and vendor before installing.
12th August 2019, 02:01 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hello,
I ran into an issue today.

1- I downloaded the update through the phones updater. (9.5.8 BA. Full ZIP (2Go))
2- I went into TWRP and flashed latest twrp unofficial installer.
3- I flashed magisk
4- I rebooted into twrp, latest unofficial
5- Flashed OTA file from .OTA folder.
6- Flashed latest TWRP unofficial installer
7- Flashed magisk

=> stuck in bootloop.

Only fix was to go into twrp and manually select the other Slot, which worked thank god.
Anyone has a clue what I did wrong?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)