One Plus 7 US

Search This thread

quickstang

Sep 2, 2009
So it appears that you can't get the regular One Plus 7 in the US, but I would assume you could still order from One Plus & use it on T-Mobile correct? As long as the bands are there, it should be a global phone right? Don't really find that my wife needs the 7 Pro, so that's what I was considering.

Superguy

Nov 28, 2007
Baltimore
So it appears that you can't get the regular One Plus 7 in the US, but I would assume you could still order from One Plus & use it on T-Mobile correct? As long as the bands are there, it should be a global phone right? Don't really find that my wife needs the 7 Pro, so that's what I was considering.

It should work.

You'll likely have to pay an import premium and you won't have a warranty on it. By the time you do that, your price may be close to the Pro anyway.

The 6T is getting a modest price cut. $30 - big whoop.

Some things to consider.

Reactions: quickstang

quickstang

Sep 2, 2009
It should work.

You'll likely have to pay an import premium and you won't have a warranty on it. By the time you do that, your price may be close to the Pro anyway.

Some things to consider.
Do you think it would be an import premium if it comes directly from their site? I bought my 6T from them directly, but at the same time, the 6T was something you could also get here at T-mobile. Unfortunately they'll only have the pro.

If however there was an import fee & they won't ship it to the US & I have to go 3rd party, then yeah, you could be right about being close to the Pro. I came close to the Xiaomi Mi 9 for my wife, but held off to see what the 7 brought. And sadly they didn't make it a US release like they've done with everything else. At least my 5T & 6T were both bought from them.

Seems like... Oh, we aren't going to release it in the US because it's geared towards places who can't dish out the 7 Pro price. Almost like your being forced to get the Pro. This could go against them & sway people wanting the 7 vs Pro just going with a different manufacturer.

I just found it odd when I heard that since my plan was the 7 for the wife. All I was waiting on was full specs, release date & price.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

netgar

Jan 14, 2012
Very disappointed since I can't stand curved screen. It looks distorted and not natural.
OnePlus why?

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Do you think it would be an import premium if it comes directly from their site? I bought my 6T from them directly, but at the same time, the 6T was something you could also get here at T-mobile. Unfortunately they'll only have the pro.

The OnePlus website for the US is not even showing the OP7 ("non-Pro"), basically like it doesn't even exist. Just the 7 Pro and the 6T. I get the feeling if you want a 7, you'll need to get it from a 3rd party vendor.

quickstang

Sep 2, 2009
The OnePlus website for the US is not even showing the OP7 ("non-Pro"), basically like it doesn't even exist. Just the 7 Pro and the 6T. I get the feeling if you want a 7, you'll need to get it from a 3rd party vendor.
If there's a minimal mark-up I could handle it. If it reaches the 7 pro price, I'd pass. I've asked this question in the AMA thread for today hoping for an answer as are others. We'll see.

quickstang

Sep 2, 2009
If you're wondering what the answer is to the burning question...

"At OnePlus, we've consistently delivered the best smartphone technology because we are committed to providing premium products and experiences for consumers. As OnePlus continues to grow, the company will naturally need to adapt and expand its product portfolio. The OnePlus 7 Pro is an ultra-premium flagship device that is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of US users. As a breakthrough device with capabilities that match or exceed what is currently available on the US market, and an industry-leading display that sets a new standard for smoothness, the OnePlus 7 Pro offers the best possible smartphone experience for consumers. We will continue to sell the OnePlus 6T alongside the OnePlus 7 Pro for users looking for a premium flagship experience."

qwertyaas

Aug 17, 2010
I wanted the 7 as well so now debating if I should go for the 7Pro or stick out with the 5T.

quickstang

Sep 2, 2009
I wanted the 7 as well so now debating if I should go for the 7Pro or stick out with the 5T.
What I find odd is they assume "everyone" wants the premium device. Obviously not the case. Why limit what you sell? It's not like it's not already physically available. Sell your higher end SKU to the hardcore users and your mid tier to your non. Do you think 90% of the people looking at a phone cares about HDR 10+? My wife sure doesn't.

Why is it Google, Samsung, Apple, etc give us options for what fits what we want but OP can't? Buy giving those options, you grab more customers.

It just boggles me over their reasoning. I'd like to see the stats that says everyone in the US wants a premium device. We've already seen evidence on multiple forums that not everyone does.

I like my 6T, but for the wife, I won't be going 7 Pro.

Reactions: Luxferro

quickstang

Sep 2, 2009
So I went through the spec sheet, & importing it isn't even an option because they've omitted band 66 & 71 on the phone.

T-mobile bands: 2,4,66,5,12,71

6T: contains all of those as does the 7 pro.

7: 2,4,5,12.

Guess they made it known they didn't even want people importing it by omitting those.

I did read once where someone said all phones with that hardware has those bands, but they aren't enabled. Not sure about that, but yeah.

Reactions: Redhawk2000

frief

Jun 10, 2012
So I went through the spec sheet, & importing it isn't even an option because they've omitted band 66 & 71 on the phone.

When visiting the UK version of the website (https://www.oneplus.com/uk/7/specs?from=op7) then these bands are listed:

Code:
Bands CHINA & INDIA & EU

FDD LTE: Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/18/ 19/20/25/26/28/29/30/32/[COLOR="SeaGreen"][U]66/71[/U][/COLOR]
TDD LTE: Band 34/38/39 / 40 / 41 / 46
TD - SCDMA: Band 34/39
UMTS(WCDMA): Band 1/2/4 / 5 / 8 / 9 / 19
CDMA: BC0/ BC1
GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz

quickstang

Sep 2, 2009
When visiting the UK version of the website (https://www.oneplus.com/uk/7/specs?from=op7) then these bands are listed:

Code:
Bands CHINA & INDIA & EU

FDD LTE: Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/18/ 19/20/25/26/28/29/30/32/[COLOR="SeaGreen"][U]66/71[/U][/COLOR]

So I guess the question is, even though T-mobile isn't listed as a carrier, would it still work since it supports all of those bands?

DFranch

May 23, 2019

I've been considering ordering a OP7 from aliexpress. It is actually cheaper (like $525 US). They flash it to the Global Rom which is supposed to have bands 66 & 71. It is supposed to support OTA updates as well. Plus, you can get that Red one which is only available in China. There is no warranty, but I really hate the curved edges on the Pro, and it is just so big. The 7 seems to have fixed everyhing which was wrong with the 6t.

quickstang

Sep 2, 2009
I've been considering ordering a OP7 from aliexpress. It is actually cheaper (like $525 US). They flash it to the Global Rom which is supposed to have bands 66 & 71. It is supposed to support OTA updates as well. Plus, you can get that Red one which is only available in China. There is no warranty, but I really hate the curved edges on the Pro, and it is just so big. The 7 seems to have fixed everyhing which was wrong with the 6t.
I didn't think the 7 was supposed to be released until June? Did you see it already, or is it a coming soon deal?

Also, interested to see what this Xiaomi K20 is all about in the next few days.

quickstang

Sep 2, 2009
It is a coming soon deal. I think ETA is 7/3.
What's weird, is that a bunch of sellers show the specs without band 71. Stops at 66.

X Man shows band 71 on their posting.

I guess the website is the most important info, since OnePlus shows band 71.

xlcashlx

Nov 28, 2016

Code:
Bands CHINA & INDIA & EU

FWIW. The specs on that webpage are different today June 4, 2019.

The specs now do not state 66 or 71
Code:
Bands CHINA & INDIA & EU

FDD LTE: Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/18/ 19/20/26/28/29/32
TDD LTE: Band 34/38/39/40/41

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It should work.

Some things to consider.
    What I find odd is they assume "everyone" wants the premium device. Obviously not the case. Why limit what you sell? It's not like it's not already physically available. Sell your higher end SKU to the hardcore users and your mid tier to your non. Do you think 90% of the people looking at a phone cares about HDR 10+? My wife sure doesn't.

Why is it Google, Samsung, Apple, etc give us options for what fits what we want but OP can't? Buy giving those options, you grab more customers.

It just boggles me over their reasoning. I'd like to see the stats that says everyone in the US wants a premium device. We've already seen evidence on multiple forums that not everyone does.

I like my 6T, but for the wife, I won't be going 7 Pro.

Those ugly curved edges ?

T-mobile bands: 2,4,66,5,12,71

6T: contains all of those as does the 7 pro.

7: 2,4,5,12.

Guess they made it known they didn't even want people importing it by omitting those.

I did read once where someone said all phones with that hardware has those bands, but they aren't enabled. Not sure about that, but yeah.

So I guess the question is, even though T-mobile isn't listed as a carrier, would it still work since it supports all of those bands?

It should, yes.