Post Reply Email Thread
16th August 2019, 12:02 PM |#11  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 5,230

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by murti52

Hi, a new OP7 User here. I wanted to know how can i keep my data decrypted? i have installed TWRP but i want to decrypt my data and also keep it the same after updated newer updates. Is it possible? I was able to do it on my OP3T, so wanted to know if its possible on OP7 as well

This should work https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...crypt-t3817389
16th August 2019, 01:17 PM |#12  
Flag Navi Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 524

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongst

This should work https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...crypt-t3817389

I think i messed up real bad, now when iam booting the phone, a message comes, your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot.
16th August 2019, 01:28 PM |#13  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Munich

More
Quote:

I think i messed up real bad, now when iam booting the phone, a message comes, your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot.

That message is the bootloader unlocked warning and comes every time as soon as you unlocked the bootloader.

Flashing DM verity patch can only be done when you format internal storage which wipes everything of your internal storage. You can't "decrypt" your existing data permanently with this.
16th August 2019, 01:40 PM |#14  
Flag Navi Mumbai

More
Quote:

That message is the bootloader unlocked warning and comes every time as soon as you unlocked the bootloader.

Flashing DM verity patch can only be done when you format internal storage which wipes everything of your internal storage. You can't "decrypt" your existing data permanently with this.

No, this is not the same, i can't even go to fastboot or anything, it's hardbricked.
16th August 2019, 01:47 PM |#15  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Munich

More
Quote:

No, this is not the same, i can't even go to fastboot or anything, it's hardbricked.

If you have really bricked it: https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...ce-to-t3954325
17th August 2019, 09:58 AM |#16  
Flag Navi Mumbai

More
Quote:

If you have really bricked it: https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...ce-to-t3954325

Sadly it didn't worked, as phone doesn't gets detected on pc, keeps on rebooting. Gave it to service center and they are also not able to solve it 😂😂. So a replacement for me 😆

Edit : i think the force decryption was the culprit. When i rebooted, system was crashing. Op3t had its specific force decrypt file, not a general one, So i think as the development moves forward, op7 will also get it's own. Hoping the best 🤞
17th August 2019, 10:25 AM |#17  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Munich

More
Quote:

Sadly it didn't worked, as phone doesn't gets detected on pc, keeps on rebooting. Gave it to service center and they are also not able to solve it 😂😂. So a replacement for me 😆

Edit : i think the force decryption was the culprit. When i rebooted, system was crashing. Op3t had its specific force decrypt file, not a general one, So i think as the development moves forward, op7 will also get it's own. Hoping the best 🤞

This file also works on OP7 pro, so it should also work on normal op7. I think the issue comes from something other.
The Following User Says Thank You to strongst For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strongst Ad-Free
18th August 2019, 02:45 PM |#18  
Flag Navi Mumbai

More
Quote:

This file also works on OP7 pro, so it should also work on normal op7. I think the issue comes from something other.

Then there must be some issue with my flashing sequence. Btw, The service centre repaired the issue and i have rooted it and using bluespark with stock rom. I'll give the zip another try later on when a new update comes. Thanks for the help
The Following User Says Thank You to murti52 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift murti52 Ad-Free
19th August 2019, 10:07 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I believe the default file system is ext4, is there any benefits changing it to f2fs?
19th August 2019, 10:13 PM |#20  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Munich

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacckz

I believe the default file system is ext4, is there any benefits changing it to f2fs?

A good and quick overview and comparison with oneplus 7 pro https://sparrowsnews.com/2019/08/13/...4-file-system/
23rd August 2019, 10:33 PM |#21  
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I am not able to unlock the bootloader of my OP7. Works fine till the part it boots to the fastboot where it shows the bootloader version,device id stuff and then the fastboot doesnt detect any device. The weird part is oly my device id is shown but not my bootloader version and baseband version,but it says that status is locked
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)