9,205 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,248

By strongst, Forum Moderator on 4th August 2019, 09:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd August 2019, 10:33 PM |#21  
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I am not able to unlock the bootloader of my OP7. Works fine till the part it boots to the fastboot where it shows the bootloader version,device id stuff and then the fastboot doesnt detect any device. The weird part is oly my device id is shown but not my bootloader version and baseband version,but it says that status is locked
23rd August 2019, 10:54 PM |#22  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Munich

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by florian.sudhan

I am not able to unlock the bootloader of my OP7. Works fine till the part it boots to the fastboot where it shows the bootloader version,device id stuff and then the fastboot doesnt detect any device. The weird part is oly my device id is shown but not my bootloader version and baseband version,but it says that status is locked

Hope you enabled oem unlocking and USB debugging within developer options, otherwise you won't see your device with "adb devices"
24th August 2019, 08:44 AM |#23  
Flag Coimbatore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongst

Hope you enabled oem unlocking and USB debugging within developer options, otherwise you won't see your device with "adb devices"

The device shows up in adb devices but is not showing up on fastboot devices, I've enabled oem unlocking, advanced reboot and USB debugging
24th August 2019, 08:49 AM |#24  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Munich

More
Quote:

The device shows up in adb devices but is not showing up on fastboot devices, I've enabled oem unlocking, advanced reboot and USB debugging

You don't have to enter "fastboot devices", this isn't a step. please explain or mark at which step you stuck exactly
The Following User Says Thank You to strongst For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strongst Ad-Free
24th August 2019, 10:40 AM |#25  
Flag Coimbatore

More
Quote:

You don't have to enter "fastboot devices", this isn't a step. please explain or mark at which step you stuck exactly

When I type in the fastboot oem unlock command it only returns with <waiting for device>, so I assumed that my device is not recognised in fastboot devices, so tried the fastboot devices command and I get no return
24th August 2019, 11:36 AM |#26  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Munich

More
Quote:

When I type in the fastboot oem unlock command it only returns with <waiting for device>, so I assumed that my device is not recognised in fastboot devices, so tried the fastboot devices command and I get no return

Your device is in bootloader state issues by "fastboot reboot bootloader" like mentioned here https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...8/post79741564

Can you please upload a cmd or powershell log(pastebin) to have an insight of all your commands and steps you take?
24th August 2019, 03:46 PM |#27  
Flag Coimbatore

More
Quote:

Your device is in bootloader state issues by "fastboot reboot bootloader" like mentioned here https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...8/post79741564

Can you please upload a cmd or powershell log(pastebin) to have an insight of all your commands and steps you take?

Sorry for the picture quality, hope it answers your doubts
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190824-WA0028.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	4810275  
24th August 2019, 05:00 PM |#28  
Flag Coimbatore

More
Quote:

Found this on the link you've mentioned :

"Thanks for your guide, did it today.

Couldn't get it done first, because I used the cable from my Huawei p20 pro. ADB worked, but fastboot didn't."

It was the last post of the third page where someone encounters a similar issue, could it mean the included cable could've been bad for me?
24th August 2019, 05:40 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Try reinstall drivers, change cable and/or change usb port in PC. I think that correct drivers solve it

Enviado desde mi GM1900 mediante Tapatalk
28th August 2019, 10:17 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
EDIT:
Answering my own question, it looks like the recommended method to root this phone would be Method 1 (TWRP with Magisk).

Quote:

Hi there,

I am confused: in these two sequences of steps from the top post, what is the difference between "AND Root" and "WITHOUT Root"?
1. "Steps for unlocked bootloader with TWRP AND Root(Magisk)"
2. "Steps for unlocked bootloader with TWRP WITHOUT Root(Magisk)"

Does that mean that only sequence #1 will root the device?
Or does it mean that sequence #1 only works on a device that is already rooted, and that on a brand new device (unrooted), sequence #2 should be used to root the device?

Thanks in advance.

30th August 2019, 04:18 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Followed the steps, ran "Root Checker Basic", got this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Root Checker Basic

Congratulations! Root access is properly installed on this device!

Huge thanks for the guide!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to who ah way For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift who ah way Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)