FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unbrick tool for OnePlus 7 (MSMTOOL Hydrogen Version)

1,370 posts
Thanks Meter: 612

By Kollachi, Senior Member on 31st July 2019, 10:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
After using this tool you will have the chinese rom installed. (H2OS = Hydrogen OS)

Instructions how to use can be found: HERE

There is only one difference. To boot into Qualcomm download mode you need to press Volume up + Volume down when phone is powered off.

There is also a guide on YouTube. --> LINK

You can easily go to OxygenOS with official Updater app.
Just download OxygenOS OTA.zip and choose it with updater.
After reboot i personally would factory reset the phone.

Downloadlink MSMTOOL:
MEGA

Thread for OTA.zip:
Oneplus 7 Repo Oxygen OS builds

Feel free to report about your experience!

@Titokhan - for the Update.zip files
@Thyson - for testing the MSM Tool and reporting
@jmax91 - for the tip (tool)
@LloydSmallwood - for the unbrick guide
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MSMTOOL.png
Views:	760
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	4799840  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kollachi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kollachi Ad-Free
31st July 2019, 12:34 PM |#2  
España
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Finally MsmDownloadTools for our OnePlus 7. Has anyone tried it yet?
31st July 2019, 01:34 PM |#3  
España

More
Confirmed, an XDA partner has already used it and revived his OnePlus 7 !!!

Link from partner's message:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...3&postcount=32
31st July 2019, 09:33 PM |#4  
España

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kollachi

After using this tool you will have the chinese rom installed. (H2OS = Hydrogen OS)

You can easily go to OxygenOS with official Updater app.
Just download OxygenOS OTA.zip and choose it with updater.
After reboot i personally would factory reset the phone.

Downloadlink MSMTOOL:
MEGA

Thread for OTA.zip:
Oneplus 7 Repo Oxygen OS builds

Note: I didnt test it! @Thyson tried it and reported its working. Feel free to report guys.

@Titokhan - for the Update.zip files
@Thyson - for testing the MSM Tool and reporting
@jmax91 - for the tip (Tool)

Hello friend, add to your thread the steps that mark the original link of this MsMDownloadTool:
Link: https://repairmymobile.in/flash/onep...lash-file/amp/

How to Flash OnePlus 7:

1- Install Qualcomm Driver.
2- Make sure your device getting identified in device manager as Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostic 9008.
3- Use both Volume as boot key.
4- Run MSM Download tool.
5- Click on verify, if it display message ok then you are ready to go.
6- Click on start to Flash.
7- Download Progress will be displayed.
8- When completed, Download complete will be displayed.
31st July 2019, 09:42 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Osnabrück

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tURkOsANsE

1- Install Qualcomm Driver.
2- Make sure your device getting identified in device manager as Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostic 9008.
3- Use both Volume as boot key.
4- Run MSM Download tool.
5- Click on verify, if it display message ok then you are ready to go.
6- Click on start to Flash.
7- Download Progress will be displayed.
8- When completed, Download complete will be displayed.

I think the steps should be clear. It's always the same since OnePlus 3/T. There is only one little different thing.
1st August 2019, 12:20 AM |#6  
España

More
Quote:

I think the steps should be clear. It's always the same since OnePlus 3/T. There is only one little different thing.

Hi friend, what is that different thing you say? Some is the first time we have a OnePlus, so we do not know.

Another question I have is that my OnePlus 7 works fine, but I wanted to see if this program recognizes me my OnePlus in case I ever need it, how can I enter the necessary mode to be detected by this program?
I press volume up and volume down and then I connect the cable, at that moment the program makes me "connected" (see attached image, left side), but after a few seconds it appears that "disconnected" and the phone restarts and OSS starts .

When I connect it, the images "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM3) appear in the device manager.

I do not understand why my mobile when I connect it by pressing the volume buttons and without touching anything of the program it appears that connected and after a few seconds it disconnects itself and OOS restarts.

Regards, and thank you very much.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sshot-1.png
Views:	284
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	4800104  
1st August 2019, 12:38 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Osnabrück

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi friend, what is that different thing you say? Some is the first time we have a OnePlus, so we do not know.

Another question I have is that my OnePlus 7 works fine, but I wanted to see if this program recognizes me my OnePlus in case I ever need it, how can I enter the necessary mode to be detected by this program?
I press volume up and volume down and then I connect the cable, at that moment the program makes me "connected" (see attached image, left side), but after a few seconds it appears that "disconnected" and the phone restarts and OSS starts .

When I connect it, the images "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM3) appear in the device manager.

I do not understand why my mobile when I connect it by pressing the volume buttons and without touching anything of the program it appears that connected and after a few seconds it disconnects itself and OOS restarts.

Regards, and thank you very much.

The different part is you need to press volume up and volume down. With the older phones there was only one button. Don't remember volume up or down.

Not sure why your phone disconnecting automatically.
1st August 2019, 12:52 AM |#8  
España

More
Quote:

The different part is you need to press volume up and volume down. With the older phones there was only one button. Don't remember volume up or down.

Not sure why your phone disconnecting automatically.

Hi friend, could you try if the same thing happens to you?
1st August 2019, 12:57 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Made the mistake of locking my bootloader directly and bricked the hell out of my standard 7. I kept getting "Your device is corrupt and it can't be trusted". No Recovery accessible, only bootloader.

Followed the steps here and everything is back to normal now!
1st August 2019, 01:05 AM |#10  
España

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToNap

Made the mistake of locking my bootloader directly and bricked the hell out of my standard 7. I kept getting "Your device is corrupt and it can't be trusted". No Recovery accessible, only bootloader.

Followed the steps here and everything is back to normal now!

Hello friend, could you help me to know why when I connect my device appears as connected and after 10 seconds it automatically restarts the OOS operating system? My phone works well, it's just a test to know if one day I have a brick to know that this program works in my case.

I would need (now that your device works, like mine) to start in a way that the program detects and looks "connected", then wait a moment and without pressing any button on the program or phone to see if it restarts alone. I am thinking that if the phone works well, the program when connected only starts the system automatically.

Read some messages above in case I have not explained myself well.

Could someone who has a good phone confirm this? Can the program attempt to automatically restart the device if the "Start" button of MsmDownloadTool is not pressed within 10 seconds?

Thanks greetings.
1st August 2019, 09:47 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Osnabrück

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi friend, could you try if the same thing happens to you?

Yep, same here. Maybe it's because device isn't bricked. I'm not sure about that. Never tried MSMTool when my device wasn't bricked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kollachi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kollachi Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bricked, msmtool, repair, tool, unbrick

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)