FORUMS

Fix ambient display single tap and double tap to wake up

35 posts
Thanks Meter: 27

By dianoandr, Member on 16th June 2020, 12:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Sorry in advance if the thread is not the correct one and for my English.
I wanted to report that following the procedure to reactivate the "pocket mode" that you can find here, the ambient display and the double touch to wakes up, begin to be working always, even after several days that I enabled the function and without restarting the phone, it wakes up immediately.
I have no idea why Oneplus has disabled the "pocket mode" function, to avoid bugs and fix the problem with the ambient display and double touch, waiting for an official fix, I followed the procedure by reactivating the feature but I left the "pocket mode" off and, until now, everything works fine.
I have successfully tested the fix on my Oneplus 7 with Open Beta 15.

IMPORTANT: to carry out the reactivation of the "pocket mode" it is necessary to be rooted
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dianoandr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dianoandr Ad-Free
17th June 2020, 09:56 PM |#2  

More
Thank you for your information !
I made a magisk module for my device ( 7 Pro on OB15) to turn on the Pocket Mode option and everything worked !!
17th June 2020, 10:26 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijia1124

I made a magisk module for my device ( 7 Pro on OB15) to turn on the Pocket Mode option and everything worked !!

A simple solution solves a really annoying bug...
18th June 2020, 04:11 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:

Can share module? pls
18th June 2020, 04:13 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winstarshl

Can share module? pls

Only tested on 7Pro Open Beta 15, maybe the file should be modified again after several system updates
Attached Files
File Type: zip opse-v2.1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.2 KB, 66 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dijia1124 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dijia1124 Ad-Free
18th June 2020, 05:26 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Can share module? pls

Quote:

Only tested on 7Pro Open Beta 15, maybe the file should be modified again after several system updates

Caution, the feature_list file changes with the firmware release, I noticed that in firmware open beta 13, in beta 14 and in beta 15 it was different every time...
The Following User Says Thank You to dianoandr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dianoandr Ad-Free
18th June 2020, 06:30 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:

I have too Beta 15 and module work perfect) Thanks you!
19th June 2020, 10:02 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianoandr

Caution, the feature_list file changes with the firmware release, I noticed that in firmware open beta 13, in beta 14 and in beta 15 it was different every time...

Quote:

I have too Beta 15 and module work perfect) Thanks you!

Better check the feature_list file before every system update or may cause problems
The Following User Says Thank You to dijia1124 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dijia1124 Ad-Free
23rd June 2020, 07:21 PM |#9  
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 137

More
thanks for the info .. i dont have any problem with oos t2w and i dont know whats yours
but its not working so well in custom roms. any idea how to fix it in custom roms?
23rd June 2020, 07:50 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Fear

thanks for the info .. i dont have any problem with oos t2w and i dont know whats yours
but its not working so well in custom roms. any idea how to fix it in custom roms?

I'm sorry but I have never used custom rom or aosp rom, currently I have a beta 15 firmware, debloted, with some magisk modules, I have always modded on oxygen os based firmware
25th June 2020, 11:19 PM |#11  
Flag pistoia
Thanks Meter: 104

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

tried this one on a oneplus7 with OB15 and the phone didn't boot anymore, if it happens to someone else I just had to boot into twrp and manually delete the module under " /data/adb/modules/" then rebooted normally
The Following User Says Thank You to ale32thebest For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ale32thebest Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)