FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Call quality

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,763

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 23rd April 2019, 12:50 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
25th August 2019, 10:29 AM |#21  
Forum Moderator
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 5,250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORADESSA

So this must be software issue not related to specific model as i thinked
Where we can report oxygen os bugs?

In the oneplus app for example. But it's not a general OxygenOS bug as you can see.
4th September 2019, 10:13 PM |#22  
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 888

More
Running GM57BA on gm1900 Chinese device , sound quality is good. Using speaker and internal mic.

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk
13th September 2019, 10:35 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard

Running GM57BA on gm1900 Chinese device , sound quality is good. Using speaker and internal mic.

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

Its a random bug

Until now no fix
13th September 2019, 11:37 PM |#24  
Flag Spring Hill, FL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORADESSA

Its a random bug

Until now no fix

What?

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
2nd October 2019, 06:15 PM |#25  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 885

More
I also have audio weirdness on GM57AA. GM1900. Just tried flashing smurf kernel, no difference. Looked in build prop, don't see anything that looks editable. Searching the xml files next
8th October 2019, 12:21 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have major issues with the call quality on my OnePlus 7 straight out of the box on the hands free mode but it’s ok in the normal telephone mode.

It appears that the microphone has an intermittent problem or poor quality of speech problem in the hands free mode, especially in a motor vehicle.
The fault is within the transmitter or the microphone or the VOX (voice on transmitter) section of the phone. The person who is receiving my calls complains that the volume goes up or down or it fades in & out and or words or parts of words are lost during the conversation (like a faulty VOX circuit). They say that it kind of sounds like I am calling from a bad mobile reception area where parts of your conversation gets chopped (which,
of course I’m not).

If I take the phone off hands free and hold the phone to my face (which you cannot do while driving in Australia because it’s illegal), the phone operates correctly & the receiving party is happy with the quality of the conversation, everything is good. If I connect the phone via an external Bluetooth hands free kit the receiving caller again says that the problem is fixed and the “call is as clear as a bell”. From my end I am not aware of any of these problems because the call is perfect in my direction & of very good sound quality.

I have also done several hard factory resets, removed all apps off the phone, a hard factory reset & then tested the phone with nothing on it ant the fault still remains no matter what I try.
Phone has since been sent back to vendor for refund or replacement they say that there is no fault.

I’ve written to OnePlus and they refuse to get involved in any way shape or form “not their problem”.
8th October 2019, 12:41 AM |#27  
Flag Spring Hill, FL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c843861

I have major issues with the call quality on my OnePlus 7 straight out of the box on the hands free mode but it’s ok in the normal telephone mode.

It appears that the microphone has an intermittent problem or poor quality of speech problem in the hands free mode, especially in a motor vehicle.

The fault is within the transmitter or the microphone or the VOX (voice on transmitter) section of the phone. The person who is receiving my calls complains that the volume goes up or down or it fades in & out and or words or parts of words are lost during the conversation (like a faulty VOX circuit). They say that it kind of sounds like I am calling from a bad mobile reception area where parts of your conversation gets chopped (which,

of course I’m not).

If I take the phone off hands free and hold the phone to my face (which you cannot do while driving in Australia because it’s illegal), the phone operates correctly & the receiving party is happy with the quality of the conversation, everything is good. If I connect the phone via an external Bluetooth hands free kit the receiving caller again says that the problem is fixed and the “call is as clear as a bell”. From my end I am not aware of any of these problems because the call is perfect in my direction & of very good sound quality.

I have also done several hard factory resets, removed all apps off the phone, a hard factory reset & then tested the phone with nothing on it ant the fault still remains no matter what I try.

Phone has since been sent back to vendor for refund or replacement they say that there is no fault.

I’ve written to OnePlus and they refuse to get involved in any way shape or form “not their problem”.

Time to move on...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)