FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Screen on time

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,756

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 23rd April 2019, 12:50 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
15th September 2019, 08:45 PM |#121  
Forum Moderator
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 5,212

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael667

So without the bad signal consumed 0.7%? The others dump files the signal was moderated and poor.
I tried with another SIM card and that solved the problem. Finally, after 3 oneplus phones, the problem is the SIM card
Thank you for your help.

Your provided dump file is 0.7%/h. You can make a new one which met same conditions if you want to compare with your new sim
18th September 2019, 04:50 PM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugulugu

OnePlus 7, GM1900 with AA firmware
Autobrightness dissabled
Only WhatsApp not optimized
Ambient display on
Only one SIM in use

I work as Uber Driver and even there with Waze and Uber Driver app the phone gives me 7 hours of SOT. My previous phone (Umidigi Z2 Pro) only gave me 4 or 5 hours of SOT at most.

This is the best phone I ever had, the SOT is amazing. I love this phone.

How did you optimize the Google play services? Are u rooted?
18th September 2019, 06:49 PM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Finally was forced to get the OnePlus 7. I was waiting for the OnePlus 7T but unfortunately, my OnePlus 5T was stolen. I got this in China for 400$. 256GB variant.
Battery life was around 5hrs for the first week and I knew something was wrong. I almost returned then I noticed Google Service Framework was draining the battery. I had to toggle show system apps by the upper right in the battery menu. I could then find out what was wrong. All I needed to do as disable and enable it. And everything was fine. Now, I'm get 7hrs or 6hrs when i play pubg. I'm still not satisfied but it's good enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190918-153943.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	4821517   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190918-153857.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	4821519  
18th September 2019, 07:07 PM |#124  
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 885

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeofwaley

Finally was forced to get the OnePlus 7. I was waiting for the OnePlus 7T but unfortunately, my OnePlus 5T was stolen. I got this in China for 400$. 256GB variant.
Battery life was around 5hrs for the first week and I knew something was wrong. I almost returned then I noticed Google Service Framework was draining the battery. I had to toggle show system apps by the upper right in the battery menu. I could then find out what was wrong. All I needed to do as disable and enable it. And everything was fine. Now, I'm get 7hrs or 6hrs when i play pubg. I'm still not satisfied but it's good enough.

Are you talking about Google play services in that screen shot at 4%?

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
18th September 2019, 07:34 PM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonilchi

How did you optimize the Google play services? Are u rooted?

Google play services dont appear in the battery optimization menu. Im not rooted.
19th September 2019, 06:18 PM |#126  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard

Are you talking about Google play services in that screen shot at 4%?

No I'm not. I wish I took a screenshot before the problem disappeared.

Anyways, this was the app showing on the battery usage. It went as high as 18%. I had to toggle show device full usage in the battery menu.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20190920-011619__01.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	4822353   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190920-011816.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	4822357  
20th September 2019, 12:43 PM |#127  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeofwaley

i was looking to get the same 256gb version from china. can you post a storage benchmark screenshot ? thx
20th September 2019, 03:03 PM |#128  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsbk

i was looking to get the same 256gb version from china. can you post a storage benchmark screenshot ? thx

This is good enough?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20190920-220130.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	4822957   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190920-220138.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	4822959  
The Following User Says Thank You to Lifeofwaley For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lifeofwaley Ad-Free
22nd September 2019, 05:51 AM |#129  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pycxe-01

Did you enable all of the Battery Optimizations? Is Adoptive Battery set on? Do you keep Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/Flashlight/Location always on?

Did you try to Factory Reset your OP7? Would you consider switching from AA to BA OxygenOS?

I get daily 10-14 hours of SOT on my OP7 & I consider it to be quite normal. Yes, there's proof i.e. the screenshots that I've posted earlier in this thread.

I have my wifi, data-pack, bluetooth and location always on cause m always traveling and spend majority of the time changing locations a day before i reach back home.
well i dont think u need an explanation for why my bluetooth is always on

All the battery optimisations are on. including adaptive battery setting.

I have noticed that when i am on data + idle the amount of battery drain is == when on wifi (data off) + screen on
22nd September 2019, 12:59 PM |#130  
Flag Oulu
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony.venom007

I have my wifi, data-pack, bluetooth and location always on cause m always traveling and spend majority of the time changing locations a day before i reach back home.
well i dont think u need an explanation for why my bluetooth is always on

No wonder that your SOT is much less! It has also been discussed here few posts back that cellular reception & signal strength play a big role on battery life of OP7. How good is your cellular reception? Is there an operator with a better coverage in your area/region?
1st October 2019, 02:06 AM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
40%~50% brightness with only Wi-Fi, very minimal usage gets 9%~10%/h... It's okay, but some people seem to get more. And my Accubattery estimate only shows 3400mAh, but of course it could be severely off.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)