Speakerphone (loudness, clarity)

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Proper etiquette aside (hint: don't use speakerphone while doing your "business" in a public bathroom), rate this thread to express how you think the OnePlus 7's speakerphone performs. A higher rating indicates that you love it: it's loud and it's clear.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

DavidAdamLeo

Apr 25, 2019
The stereo speakers of Oneplus 7 is just performing like a Oneplus 7 pro. I think there won't be any issues like call drop or reception connectivities.

ambuj22263

May 6, 2017
Noida
I bought OnePlus 7 yesterday and its amazing. sound quality of this phone is too good as both sound driver is working well and louder.
Compared with 6t, you can feel the difference.

Xebeck

Oct 2, 2017
Speakers are great...
Fall just short of S10 and Xr speakers imo.

But loving the loudness.
Haven't gone above 50% volume yet.

imlgnd0

Oct 23, 2013
Back of the phone vibrates.

Front speaker in the earpiece make my OnePlus 7 vibrate. Vibration is so much that it feels like an hardware issue. During phone call and also during music or video playback. Anyone facing same issue. Is it natural or did I received a faulty product.

eliaspizarro

May 25, 2010
anyone using OP7 oos 10 phone app with VoIP (SIP)?. Can't use speakerphone hands free. The call mess with a loud noise (both sides).

Handset and BT working fine.

musa.mun

Nov 23, 2014
I have a complain about headphone gain on this phone...
I bought OnePlus bullet type c for my OnePlus 7..but that headphone music performing so much louder with very low bass on this phone ?...
Same headphone I will trying on redmi not7 pro . All is great ? on redmi not7 pro...
OnePlus 7 have beltin Dolby Atmos but I don't know why don't have any eq opson on Dolby....already someone make a magisk fix for music volume improve.. but not so good ..

wesley76

Dec 1, 2013
On my OnePlus 7 is impossible to make loudspeaker calls. The other person can't understand one word! If anyone check at OnePlus official forum will see a lot of people with the same problem.

bdvince

May 18, 2014
On my OnePlus 7 is impossible to make loudspeaker calls. The other person can't understand one word! If anyone check at OnePlus official forum will see a lot of people with the same problem.

I have the same issue.. the loudspeaker on this phone is useless while making calls as the other party cannot hear me. It seems it is a software bug:

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/speaker-phone-poor-mic-quality.1062469/

OP7 is not turning on the external microphones on the top and right-bottom of phone when on speakerphone and only keeps the left directional mic on as it is during regular calls. Strange that if you turn on sound recorder apps or any other calling apps (Duo, Whatsapp) the mics for the loud spaker work properly. OnePlus needs to fix this!

Reactions: wesley76

nedalnib

Nov 5, 2008
Dear Oneplus 7 Users (not PRO and not T version) – pure Oneplus 7.
I would like to ask about your feeling of earpiece speaker. (especially call quality and loudness).
I have had many phones in my life but with Oneplus 7 my experience of earpiece speaker is quite bad.

I feel calls are not so loud and other issue is that I have to put earpiece speaker directly in front of my ear. Any small movement of phone strongly decrease call volume. It looks like earpiece in Oneplus 7 is very small or something is built very specific way in this phone because I haven’t meet similar issue in any phone that I have previous. I have real problem speaking "on street" to hear other side.

I would ask other people for their opinion.

Ticno98

May 4, 2020
Dear Oneplus 7 Users (not PRO and not T version) – pure Oneplus 7.
I would like to ask about your feeling of earpiece speaker. (especially call quality and loudness).
I have had many phones in my life but with Oneplus 7 my experience of earpiece speaker is quite bad.

I feel calls are not so loud and other issue is that I have to put earpiece speaker directly in front of my ear. Any small movement of phone strongly decrease call volume. It looks like earpiece in Oneplus 7 is very small or something is built very specific way in this phone because I haven’t meet similar issue in any phone that I have previous. I have real problem speaking "on street" to hear other side.

I would ask other people for their opinion.

I Have the same exact problem

Pranjalesh

Feb 18, 2017
Speaker Loudness issue only while receiving calls

Hi all, I am facing issues with the call ring volume on my OP7. Whenever I receive a call, my ring volume is very low but in settings everything is at max volume. any idea how to fix this issue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Front speaker in the earpiece make my OnePlus 7 vibrate. Vibration is so much that it feels like an hardware issue. During phone call and also during music or video playback. Anyone facing same issue. Is it natural or did I received a faulty product.

It is natural. Mine behaves like yours. I do not think you should worry about it!
    The stereo speakers of Oneplus 7 is just performing like a Oneplus 7 pro. I think there won't be any issues like call drop or reception connectivities.
    On GSMarena they sad "non pro speaker feel better than OP7 Pro"

I have the same issue.. the loudspeaker on this phone is useless while making calls as the other party cannot hear me. It seems it is a software bug:

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/speaker-phone-poor-mic-quality.1062469/

OP7 is not turning on the external microphones on the top and right-bottom of phone when on speakerphone and only keeps the left directional mic on as it is during regular calls. Strange that if you turn on sound recorder apps or any other calling apps (Duo, Whatsapp) the mics for the loud spaker work properly. OnePlus needs to fix this!