FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Standby drain

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,763

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 23rd April 2019, 12:50 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the OnePlus 7's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
9th June 2019, 06:51 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Last night, over 8 hours, it fell by 5%.

WiFi
Data
Bluetooth
WiFi scanning all OFF.

Single sim use.

It needs to reduce imo.
9th June 2019, 11:26 AM |#3  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xebeck

WiFi
Data
Bluetooth
WiFi scanning all OFF.

Single sim use.

It needs to reduce imo.

Yes. That's a lot for that settings. Are you rooted? Use betterbatterystats app to check what caused it.
9th June 2019, 05:59 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11prathmesh

Yes. That's a lot for that settings. Are you rooted? Use betterbatterystats app to check what caused it.

Not rooted
9th June 2019, 07:06 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

WiFi
Data
Bluetooth
WiFi scanning all OFF.

Single sim use.

It needs to reduce imo.

Yeah mine has bad standby drain as well. My previews phone, Nexus 6p, from Android Nougat and later , used to drain just 1% over 8 hours of sleep.
10th June 2019, 03:24 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolakis13

Yeah mine has bad standby drain as well. My previews phone, Nexus 6p, from Android Nougat and later , used to drain just 1% over 8 hours of sleep.

My 2xl used to have a flat ****ing line bro....
Literally 0% over night.
Never gotten over that still
10th June 2019, 09:04 AM |#7  

More
Quote:

My 2xl used to have a flat ****ing line bro....
Literally 0% over night.
Never gotten over that still

Yeah something is going on with this one . I can confirm that mine OnePlus 7 is draining exactly 5% of battery!
10th June 2019, 05:42 PM |#8  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolakis13

Please understand that this device is just released and OS is not fully optimised yet. I'm sure oneplus will address the issues with upcoming updates. You're previous device must have gone through lot of updates to fully eliminate the bugs to achieve those results
10th June 2019, 07:19 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11prathmesh

Please understand that this device is just released and OS is not fully optimised yet. I'm sure oneplus will address the issues with upcoming updates. You're previous device must have gone through lot of updates to fully eliminate the bugs to achieve those results

Hmm it's not that simple ... Some updates as the one for my previews phone that did that 1% of draining passes through newer phones... As you've noticed my phone was Nexus 6p from 2015 realeased date and the other guy mentioned the same thing for the pixel 2xl whose realeased date was two years later. So having been said that thing, it means older phones of OnePlus have the same behavior or probably worse than the 7 but any has as good as Google phones for example. I hope they will fix it as you've said though
18th June 2019, 09:50 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Getting 2% drain overnight, rather consistently. WiFi on, BT/4G off. On newest OS version 9.5.5
23rd July 2019, 07:48 AM |#11  
Flag Khartoum-sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 255

More
Mine drained 3% after 8 hours of standby 4G volte is on WiFi on and everything else is switched off.. coming from s8 plus i consider this as a great standby , usually my s8 plus will drain around 5 to 7% after 8 hrs of standby

Sent from my GM1901 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)