Minimalist case that provides good corner drop protection

Search This thread

harryw66

Oct 2, 2010
Huawei MatePad Pro
Google Pixel 7
I owned a Nokia 8 a couple of years back and one of my favourite things about it was the CC-801 case - a bit like the OnePlus Sandstone case but even more minimalist with exposed sides and just a back and corner protection.
Was never able to find anything similar for my OnePlus 6 so settled on the Sandstone and was generally pretty happy with it.

However, I purchased an OP7T a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised when I came across the following on Amazon UK
OnePlus 7T Case, Ultra Slim Frosted Transparent

It arrived this afternoon and whilst it may not be quite as slim as the CC-801 or the Sandstone, I think I am going to like it a lot.
The sides are not covered but the top and the corners get decent chunky protection - much more than a Sandstone.

The black disc on the back is my own magnetic one...

mayankkhajnchi

May 22, 2015
Got a similar case with black edges. Feels like holding the phone naked. Btw - Where did you get your tempered glass from?

Attachments

• IMG_20191202_011913.jpg
    IMG_20191202_011913.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 2,304

harryw66

Oct 2, 2010
Huawei MatePad Pro
Google Pixel 7
The SP is Omoton glass from Amazon UK. It is 1-2mm too wide. I complained to them and they promised to offer a smaller version in the next few days on Amazon UK.
Where did you get your case - does the back offer great grip?

jvc1+

Nov 24, 2019
I have GESMA from amazon and it looks and feels so good. The buttons also feels nice and are well marked. The corners look like they can survive drops, but will see about that. The rear camera is also nicely protruded by a milimeter

aleck0112

Jan 5, 2017
I recommend Caseology Vault. Perfect minimalist case that provides very good protection both front and camera cutout, looks so elegant as well

Reactions: GroovyGeek

harryw66

Oct 2, 2010
Huawei MatePad Pro
Google Pixel 7
how is the case holding up?

Hi, I am guessing the question was directed at me.
I did use the case for a few weeks - but I missed the OnePlus Sandstone case that I had used with my previous OP6.
So, when I managed to get hold of a Sandstone case cheap I switched to that.

Still happy with the case and it does provide more protection than the Sandstone - but I had used the Sandstone for so long I just ended up switching back.

Reactions: worm_guard

GeekOnTheHill

Dec 28, 2019
Upstate New York
I recommend Caseology Vault. Perfect minimalist case that provides very good protection both front and camera cutout, looks so elegant as well

I agree. Excellent balance of form and function and very good camera protection, yet not at all bulky. Overall, I think it's the best of the three cases I've tried.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 1,098
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,083
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,102
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,082
Reactions: prodj77

1dopewrx05

I know this thread is dead but for future people looking for a super solid and sexy option for a minimalist 7T case that also is built from some of the strongest material on Earth we have this:
It's a full Kevlar minimalist case. Comes in two color patterns, black and gray twill and this red and black twill. I think the red and black looks amazing. It's obviously not the most protective case but when paired with a shatterproof screen protector such as the rhino shield impact skin, your phone is in good hands. Since it's kevlar, it can take some pretty devastating hits and keep your phone safe. I highly recommend, I have two of them for a backup when my first one gets too ugly from abuse.

Attachments

• PXL_20210119_161041953.jpg
    PXL_20210119_161041953.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 117
  • PXL_20210119_161051352.jpg
    PXL_20210119_161051352.jpg
    977.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 16110727583956384652817710465027.jpg
    16110727583956384652817710465027.jpg
    558.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 16110727762275749283861939731019.jpg
    16110727762275749283861939731019.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: garethdk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
This one:

May not be compatible with the 7t variant. I don't know this phone's product line specs. One may be released for your phone in the future if this one doesn't work for your model.

The Bolt is the only case I use on my Note 10+.
Thin, easy to hold and it has soaked up repeated falls onto concrete with zero damage.
I use Gorilla IQ Sheild for a screen protector; easy to apply, inexpensive and long lived.
Both have done well keeping my 10+ from harm without spending more than $30*.

*on my 2nd Bolt case because of repeated hard drops. No visible damage to the case but out of an abundance of caution about possible corner fatigue retired the first one. Better safe than sorry.
At $20 a pop it's a no brainer.

de4th8rinGer

Sep 20, 2020
I know this thread is dead but for future people looking for a super solid and sexy option for a minimalist 7T case that also is built from some of the strongest material on Earth we have this:
It's a full Kevlar minimalist case. Comes in two color patterns, black and gray twill and this red and black twill. I think the red and black looks amazing. It's obviously not the most protective case but when paired with a shatterproof screen protector such as the rhino shield impact skin, your phone is in good hands. Since it's kevlar, it can take some pretty devastating hits and keep your phone safe. I highly recommend, I have two of them for a backup when my first one gets too ugly from abuse.
Where did you get it!?

1dopewrx05

Where did you get it!?
You can grab it right here:

Case is still holding up great, very resistant to daily use. Not a flawed resin on the aramid fiber like there is on some brands of carbon/aramid fiber cases

Reactions: de4th8rinGer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I owned a Nokia 8 a couple of years back and one of my favourite things about it was the CC-801 case - a bit like the OnePlus Sandstone case but even more minimalist with exposed sides and just a back and corner protection.
    Was never able to find anything similar for my OnePlus 6 so settled on the Sandstone and was generally pretty happy with it.

However, I purchased an OP7T a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised when I came across the following on Amazon UK
    OnePlus 7T Case, Ultra Slim Frosted Transparent

It arrived this afternoon and whilst it may not be quite as slim as the CC-801 or the Sandstone, I think I am going to like it a lot.
    The sides are not covered but the top and the corners get decent chunky protection - much more than a Sandstone.

The black disc on the back is my own magnetic one...
    how is the case holding up?

Hi, I am guessing the question was directed at me.
    I did use the case for a few weeks - but I missed the OnePlus Sandstone case that I had used with my previous OP6.
    So, when I managed to get hold of a Sandstone case cheap I switched to that.

Still happy with the case and it does provide more protection than the Sandstone - but I had used the Sandstone for so long I just ended up switching back.

I agree. Excellent balance of form and function and very good camera protection, yet not at all bulky. Overall, I think it's the best of the three cases I've tried.
    Could you please share a photo to show how much does it protect the front side? Like you did with the card on camera lens?

Sent from my OnePlus7T using XDA Labs

Sure thing.

These are with the Supershieldz tempered glass screen protector (0.32mm).