FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Review] Nillkin Frosted Case & XD CP+ MAX screen protector

178 posts
Thanks Meter: 44

By aleck0112, Senior Member on 6th November 2019, 04:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I got the Nillkin Frosted case and XD CP+ Max screen protector, here is the review.

The case color is nice, similar to the blue that is on the phone, so it fits well. Case is thin, textured on the back and side which makes it very comfortable on the hand, it's lightweight as well which is good. As with you expect from a thin lightweight case like this, protection won't be much, it'll save you from a short fall but nothing Mil grade protection here, no complaints.
The camera protection clearance is actually quite good, considerably more than the plastic one that comes with the phone, very happy with this.
The only Con is that when used with the same brand tempered glass, the lip sits lower than the screen protector which means don't lay the phone face down on scratching surfaces.

Now on to the screen protector. Very nicely made, heavy, good touch experience, no problem with fingerprints(you will have to re-enroll prints for best exp).
The application is a breeze, just lay it down, don't even have to apply any pressure and the adhesive will stick, removing bubbles is easy too. I left 1 small dust particle somehow and now it's visible on the screen, don't know if that will annoy me or not, might have to reapply it or use the 2nd one that I bought. This is totally my fault though. The edges of the screen will be covered just a little bit, but I don't see any problems with that, everything displays fine in full, the tiny edges covered don't make any difference once you got used to it.

So to sum up. Happy with the case. Very happy with the protector.
I'll probably wait for a nice sturdy case from some US brand to replace this one though, lip protection isn't enough.

The Following User Says Thank You to aleck0112 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aleck0112 Ad-Free
13th November 2019, 09:16 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Great review, one thing I was wondering, any chance of weighing the case? I was considering the official oneplus Karbon case, that weighs only 13 grams, but costs a lot more, I know that Niikin cases are good quality at the right price...

Do you know how much the case weighs?
13th November 2019, 01:19 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justwondering

Great review, one thing I was wondering, any chance of weighing the case? I was considering the official oneplus Karbon case, that weighs only 13 grams, but costs a lot more, I know that Niikin cases are good quality at the right price...

Do you know how much the case weighs?

no. I don't have that kind of scale to weight it properly. It's real light, it's equal to the clear case that comes with the phone at best, if not lighter.
And seeing pictures on the Karbon case I don't think they differ much in terms of protection, this one got more grip for sure. Also in the blue color very closely matched with the phone color if you have the glacier blue
13th November 2019, 02:11 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleck0112

no. I don't have that kind of scale to weight it properly. It's real light, it's equal to the clear case that comes with the phone at best, if not lighter.
And seeing pictures on the Karbon case I don't think they differ much in terms of protection, this one got more grip for sure. Also in the blue color very closely matched with the phone color if you have the glacier blue

I have the same colour of 7t , I must admit I tend to like black cases, they Karbon case is only 13grams, which is very light, I did ask on Amazon with regards to the case the weight of the Nillkin frosted case and the seller said it weighed 21gram....still nice and light, but I find the 7t a tad heavy with my current case on which is nice and protective, but weighs 32grams, I like my case etc, but the weight is kinda heavy in the hand.

I have ordered the Nillkin case from eBay from a Chinese supplier, so bit of a waiting time, but great value at only £5.40 delivered.

I am a bit unsure about spending £27.95 on the official Karbon case for the 7t, but I do know they are quiality feel in the hand.

I have had Nillkin cases in the past and I have always found them to be good quality, I shall confirm the cases weight once it arrives.
29th November 2019, 06:31 PM |#5  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,360

More
I just got this case from AliExpress for 3.5$, it's a beautiful case. Fits the 7T perfectly and cutouts are perfect too.
The Following User Says Thank You to suku_patel_22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift suku_patel_22 Ad-Free
30th November 2019, 07:43 AM |#6  
Flag Jakarta

More
Does the tempered glass border cover portion of the screen?
1st December 2019, 04:58 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeholics

Does the tempered glass border cover portion of the screen?

yes it does. And more than the official glass. If you can get it and can afford it I'd still recommend official. But this one does a fine job
3rd December 2019, 11:21 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 564

More
This is the case that was super, super slippery when I tried it. Damn near dropped my phone because of it. Sent it back.
Yesterday, 12:33 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaduardo

This is the case that was super, super slippery when I tried it. Damn near dropped my phone because of it. Sent it back.

really? Defo not to me, it has textured surface on the whole back and also on the sides, no way it's slippery. Maybe you got a different version, check my pictures
Yesterday, 05:25 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 85

Donate to Me
More
Can you add a picture of the camera bump with the case on? I use it on my Pocophone and love it, but I already ordered the 7T and want to see If i order one for it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)