FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Supcase Unicorn beetle style series - Review

595 posts
Thanks Meter: 380

By vicky2131, Senior Member on 15th November 2019, 07:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all,
Just got my supcase delivered today and on first look it's really of premium quality and looks great on the phone. I had been looking out for cases from the launch date and none of them were upto the mark. I had been using supcase on my previous phones and they have always been great. So i sent them an email asking if unicorn beetle style would be available for the OnePlus 7T and got a positive reply that by November it would be available. And boom, here it is in Amazon india.

About the case :
Premium
Has a good camera cutout protection
Front display protection has a good lip on top and bottom (tempered glass applied)
Not a TPU case so no yellowish case after a few months

Cons - Makes the device slightly larger to hold but will get used to in a few days( but better than most of the cases out there).

Overall I'm really satisfied ✌️

Now let the pictures do the talking.
Oh btw i wanted a case that could show off the colour of the phone plus look good. I saw many transparent cases with black border but everything had one flaw - the camera cutout protection black strip was hiding the OnePlus logo a bit and it looked cheap(A few had their pictures posted as if the logo wasn't hiding but in real it was hiding the OnePlus logo). Guess only ringke had the correct cutout other than supcase.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191115_113730.jpg
Views:	898
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	4876681   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191115_113818.jpg
Views:	872
Size:	260.5 KB
ID:	4876683   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191115_114705.jpg
Views:	906
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	4876685   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191115_114810.jpg
Views:	894
Size:	259.0 KB
ID:	4876687  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vicky2131 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vicky2131 Ad-Free
16th November 2019, 01:07 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Hi. Thank you for this review, was just looking at it.
Do you use the official oneplus tempered glass? Does it hinge the glass protector up like many others do? I have the official one and this is a must for me.
16th November 2019, 04:57 PM |#3  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Question regarding the clear back; does it fill up with lint and dirt? I always felt that clear cases filled with lint and pocket **** when using it for a long period of time. Basically when I take off my 1+ case it's always got dirt in it anyway so I assume this would show through the clear back..
16th November 2019, 06:44 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag *Manchester of South India*

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleck0112

Hi. Thank you for this review, was just looking at it.
Do you use the official oneplus tempered glass? Does it hinge the glass protector up like many others do? I have the official one and this is a must for me.

I have used tempered glass from glazed Inc and its similar to full screen tempered glass from official OnePlus and this case does not hinge.
Case is tempered glass friendly.
16th November 2019, 06:48 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGimpGrumble

Question regarding the clear back; does it fill up with lint and dirt? I always felt that clear cases filled with lint and pocket **** when using it for a long period of time. Basically when I take off my 1+ case it's always got dirt in it anyway so I assume this would show through the clear back..

I too faced this issue using original tpu from oneplus.

I am not sure if this supacse will get filled up with dirt. For now nothing's inside the case. But I remember the OnePlus case had dirt inside it even on day one and i kept cleaning it every two days or so regularly.

From past few days there's nothing inside this clear case(supcase)
The Following User Says Thank You to vicky2131 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vicky2131 Ad-Free
17th November 2019, 04:49 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky2131

I have used tempered glass from glazed Inc and its similar to full screen tempered glass from official OnePlus and this case does not hinge.
Case is tempered glass friendly.

Can you provide a top down image on the screen so I can see the case lip? May get a better idea with that. Thank you
17th November 2019, 08:47 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleck0112

Can you provide a top down image on the screen so I can see the case lip? May get a better idea with that. Thank you

Hope this is clear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191115_114828.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	4879185  
The Following User Says Thank You to vicky2131 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vicky2131 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)