FORUMS

USB-C to 3.5mm Audio?

247 posts
Thanks Meter: 111

By bynarie, Senior Member on 6th February 2020, 05:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Has anyone used some type of USB-C->3.5mm adapter to route audio out with any luck? I'm looking to use my current my wired headphones and my car stereo aux port. I know old lol. My wireless BeatsX suck, they dont get loud at all. The wired Beats I got 6 years ago blows these POS of earbuds out of the water. Looking for any suggestions on an adapter and any special config required in android. Currently running rooted stock. Thanks.
6th February 2020, 06:18 AM |#2  
Currently I am using adapter from Xiaomi MiA2, works perfectly with aux in my car and wired JBL headphones. This adapter looks and feels cheap but works really well. I think every adapter should work, just buy generic one

Sent from my OnePlus 7T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Nice.ba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr.Nice.ba Ad-Free
7th February 2020, 03:18 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
I use Hidizs Sonata 2.

One of the best for quality at reasonable price.
The Following User Says Thank You to rezaluchu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rezaluchu Ad-Free
10th February 2020, 02:17 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hilliard OH

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Nice.ba

Currently I am using adapter from Xiaomi MiA2, works perfectly with aux in my car and wired JBL headphones. This adapter looks and feels cheap but works really well. I think every adapter should work, just buy generic one

Sent from my OnePlus 7T using Tapatalk

Thanks!
10th February 2020, 02:19 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hilliard OH

More
Thanks everyone for the reply!!
10th February 2020, 06:58 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Just so you know more: every adapter should work indeed.
But these adapters contain DAC (digital to analogic converter), in order to receive sound through USB and sending it through good old analogic 3.5mm. The quality of these DAC can really have a difference in sound quality. Not on standard car environment, sure, but for someone with good earphones it is worthwhile to search for a little quality for these adapters.
10th February 2020, 09:35 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonoid

Just so you know more: every adapter should work indeed.
But these adapters contain DAC (digital to analogic converter), in order to receive sound through USB and sending it through good old analogic 3.5mm. The quality of these DAC can really have a difference in sound quality. Not on standard car environment, sure, but for someone with good earphones it is worthwhile to search for a little quality for these adapters.

The OEM adapter does not have a DAC. It doesn't need one because it's correctly wired to work with the USB audio out on the OnePlus devices. So if you use this one, you're actually using the DAC in the phone itself.
22nd February 2020, 01:53 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I've got the Apple one (the only apple product own!)

According to head-fi (an audiphoile forum) it's one of the best that doesn;t cost a fortune.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/usb-...e-best.908839/
22nd February 2020, 03:30 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 332

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prog_Drummer

I've got the Apple one (the only apple product own!)

According to head-fi (an audiphoile forum) it's one of the best that doesn;t cost a fortune.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/usb-...e-best.908839/

Actually it sucks (at least for the OnePlus 7T), I got one too and I regret, the sound volume is really bad with the apple adapter because it wasn't made for Android phones at all of course.

I went to a miniso store and got one adapter there and is 5x times better than the Apple one, and cost 3x less. xd
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)