Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][10]Android Open Source Illusion Project[Hotdogb][Alpha]

355 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,750

By anirudhgupta109, Senior Member on 14th December 2019, 11:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
AOSIP
Code:
**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****
Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Source code:

AOSiP Gerrit Review
AOSiP Github
Kernel Source
(A massive thanks to @0ctobot and @RenderBroken for the help with the kernel)

Latest Downloads:

Official Server | SourceForge Mirror
NOTE:
- Since the ROM is big in size due to gapps, try downloading from SourceForge to make sure you get the complete file and also compare md5sum.
- GApps is already pre-included in the ROM.

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
Google for Android and AOSP
LineageOS
ABC ROM
AquariOS
BootleggersROM
Dirty Unicorns
PixelExperience
OmniROM
CarbonROM
nathanchance
---------
Other projects whose work helped us to create this
And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

Hosted and built on

XDA:DevDB Information
Android Open Source Illusion Project, ROM for the OnePlus 7T

Contributors
anirudhgupta109
Source Code: https://www.github.com/AOSiP

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: OxygenOS 10.0.6
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-12-14
Last Updated 2019-12-14
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to anirudhgupta109 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anirudhgupta109 Ad-Free
14th December 2019, 11:38 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
MAKE SURE YOU'RE ON THE LATEST OOS FROM HERE

DO NOT EVER WIPE SYSTEM OR VENDOR ON THE OP7T!!!!!

Considering how the 7T doesn't have TWRP and has dynamic partitions, I'll try to explain everything in detail:

1. If you're coming from another ROM (including OOS) or need to perform a clean flash:
  • Boot into the bootloader (if you don't know how to do this, you should probably not flash)
  • Connect your phone to your PC and in an ADB/Fastboot shell, type
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    NOTE: If command prompt/line complains about fastboot not being a valid target you need to update fastboot from HERE
  • Your phone should now be in fastbootd (the UI is exactly like recovery mode so don't get confused)
    Read about fastbootd HERE
  • Type the following to make sure your phone is in fastbootd while also making sure your phone is in the recovery-like UI
    Code:
    fastboot devices
  • If the above does return your serial number you can now flash the partitions, if it doesn't try figuring out what went wrong (I don't want to hear about the failed attempts, please don't spam the thread with them)
  • After unzipping the ROM, type the following one-by-one making sure each part has a success message before proceeding to the next flash command
    Code:
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash odm odm.img
    fastboot flash product product.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
  • Reboot to bootloader using:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot bootloader
  • Wipe data using:
    Code:
    fastboot -w
  • You can now boot into AOSiP, have fun!
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    OPTIONAL:
  • If you want magisk, patch the boot image from the AOSiP zip in Magisk manager
  • Boot to bootloader
  • Boot into that image (DO NOT FLASH!!!)
    Code:
    fastboot boot magisk_patched.img
  • Install Magisk manager and from it select Install > Direct install
  • Reboot and enjoy AOSiP with Magisk!
  • Enjoy

2. If you're updating the ROM:
NOTE:The inbuilt updater has no support for Updating yet, will sort it out soon and release posts will state when I have and what you as a user need to do
  • Disable all substratum overlays if you have a theme applied
  • Boot into fastbootd
    If you're booted into the system
    Code:
    adb reboot fastboot
    If you're booted into bootloader
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
  • Flash all partitions like in step 1
    NOTE: YOU DO NOT NEED TO WIPE DATA WHEN UPDATING
  • Reboot to system and enjoy
NOTE: If you have issues with Settings or Play Services force-closes you need to clean flash (Method 1).

KNOWN ISSUES:
Fingerprint needs some time to learn so it won't be as accurate from to get go but it improves the more you use it!
Night light might help in authenticating better
Data QS tile does not work for Verizon Wireless but all other functionality works fine on Verizon.
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to anirudhgupta109 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anirudhgupta109 Ad-Free
14th December 2019, 11:38 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • Include your OOS base versions in reports. (Eg: 10.0.1, 10.0.2, 10.0.6 etc.)
  • Mention any and all Magisk modules you might be using along with the Magisk version
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to anirudhgupta109 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anirudhgupta109 Ad-Free
14th December 2019, 11:41 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: Fastboot isn't allowing me to flash system image, what am I doing wrong?
A: You haven't booted to fastbootd (the UI looks like recovery and fastboot devices command shows the device in fastboot mode)

Q: What GApps do I flash?
A: DO NOT FLASH ANY GAPPS!!! GApps is included in the ROM since we don't have a custom recovery yet.

Q: When booting to the Magisk patched image, it leads to crashdump mode.
A: You didn't select the first two options in Magisk Manager before patching the boot image under Advanced settings (i.e. Preserve force encryption and Preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity).

Q: Do I have to wipe data if coming from another ROM?
A: Yes, I will not be providing help/support to users that haven't wiped data when coming from another ROM.

Q: How often will I be getting updates?
A: The plan is for weeklies, if unavoidable circumstances come up, please don't spam the thread. I will release a build as soon as one is ready.

Q: Does VoLTE/VoWiFi work?
A: VoLTE works, I have tested on Airtel in India and a couple of my US based testers have too.
VoWiFi (WiFi Calling) works based on my testers, I can't test this personally since India doesn't have this feature but I trust my testers and if they say its working, its working.

Q: Does Android Auto work?
A: I don't have accessibility to an Android Auto vehicle nor the hardware but my testers have confirmed that it works! Let me know if it does for you too so that others have concrete proof about it.

Q: I ended up on CrashDump mode, how do I get back to my system?
A: Theres a valuable thread HERE which can help restoring your system, you WILL LOSE ALL DATA and I will not be blamed under any circumstances.

Q: Is the ROM official?
A: The ROM is an early Alpha build, I am the Official maintainer for OP7T AOSiP but the ROM is too early in the cycle right now for it to be tagged as Official and is therefore nothing more than an Alpha.

Q: I use Telegram, where can I find help on that platform?
A: There is a common AOSiP Group Chat for all devices, the link is HERE

Q: Does SafteyNet pass and is the SELinux Enforcing?
A: Yes, SafteyNet does pass out-of-the-box and SELinux is Enforcing.

Q: What OOS Base firmware do I use?
A: OOS 10.0.6 is the recommended base firmware right now.

Q: I'm having high idle drain, please fix.
A: I'll need more data from you to figure it out, Install BetterBatteryStats and let me know about what it tells you after 3-4 charge cycles. Please do not report issues when having apps like Greenify, Naptime, Wakelock blocker etc.

Q: My phone is stuck on the "Bootloader is unlocked" warning page, why isn't my system booting?
A: Since there are a bunch of scripts being executed when the device is sent a power on signal, it might take some time to boot. Don't panic, your system will boot fine after some time. All builds are personally tested by me and a few testers.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to anirudhgupta109 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anirudhgupta109 Ad-Free
14th December 2019, 11:41 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to anirudhgupta109 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anirudhgupta109 Ad-Free
14th December 2019, 01:10 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 530

More
Littyyyyy🔥🔥🔥
14th December 2019, 02:54 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Cortland NY
Thanks Meter: 2,437

More
Yay, aosip is here. You are the man @anirudhgupta109 glad you got Verizon going. Kudos to the Verizon tester and whatnot.
The Following User Says Thank You to aer0zer0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aer0zer0 Ad-Free
14th December 2019, 03:25 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Thank you for the perfect Rom.
14th December 2019, 03:37 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This has all the customizable features like android 9
14th December 2019, 05:14 PM |#10  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 94

More
so when you say a clean flash, does it mean wiping the internal storage as well cause it'll be a little vexing to transfer all the data again and again
14th December 2019, 05:57 PM |#11  
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 1,692

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudhgupta109

Reserved

Very well written op and following couple posts. OP's like this is why I still use XDA everything right where you need it instead of having to go through thousands of lines of Chat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to david72262 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift david72262 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)