Open beta general help

Search This thread

Slymobi

Jan 29, 2011
Here
Hi. So I'm a new op7t owner and came from the op5, I'm familiar with stable and open beta versions on the op5 but this is not the same on the op7t. I have attached my info screen which is the version the phone came with so it may help to answer my questions,
When I try to install the open beta 2 from the official op pages it's saying the open beta 2 is a downgrade so I can't do this... however there is no ob3 or ob4 for me to install on the official web !!
Ob2 is the only version download available and also the stable version on the official op is an older version too to what I have now.
How am I supposed to switch over to the beta when it's only showing ob2 and Where are the ob3/4 versions ?

Very confusing compared to how easy switching from beta to stable and vice versa was on the one plus 5 !

Any help is appreciated ?

Regards

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200522-223804.jpg
    Screenshot_20200522-223804.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 222
D

Deleted member 5408779

Hi. So I'm a new op7t owner and came from the op5, I'm familiar with stable and open beta versions on the op5 but this is not the same on the op7t. I have attached my info screen which is the version the phone came with so it may help to answer my questions,
When I try to install the open beta 2 from the official op pages it's saying the open beta 2 is a downgrade so I can't do this... however there is no ob3 or ob4 for me to install on the official web !!
Ob2 is the only version download available and also the stable version on the official op is an older version too to what I have now.
How am I supposed to switch over to the beta when it's only showing ob2 and Where are the ob3/4 versions ?

Very confusing compared to how easy switching from beta to stable and vice versa was on the one plus 5 !

Any help is appreciated

Regards

Take the oxygen updater from playstore.

mmotti

Nov 11, 2014
The issue is that you have an EU handset likely with EU firmware if you haven't messed around with it yet.

For whatever reason EU updates are pulled back and regularly get behind the global and Indian versions.

I have absolutely no idea of whether there are issues introduced by flashing global firmware but I have had to do so today in order to get to beta 4.

So you have to download Oxygen Updater, go to advanced settings and change your phone to Oneplus 7t (not EU - this will switch to global), switch download option to full beta, download it and flash it as a local update.

There is absolutely no documentation or answers from OnePlus regarding the differences between firmware versions from what I can see.. only speculation from those whom have delved into the update packages and users whom have noticed subtle differences.

Long story short, if you want to try the betas you're better off switching to global at the moment.

D

Deleted member 5408779

Thanks for responding, is this an official updater from OnePlus ? Excuse my ignorance but why would this be any better than the official oneplus software update pages ?

Thanks

I don't know why they don't update their website. I guess the easiest way is the updater app.

Reactions: Slymobi

Slymobi

Jan 29, 2011
Here
Thanks for the replies, very helpful. I just can't understand how I'm on a higher version that is actually listed in the UK official support upgrades pages !

mmotti

Nov 11, 2014
Because the website for whatever reason hasn't been updated.

The latest stable EU release on the website seems to be 10.0.7, where in fact your device should have done an ota update to 10.0.9 out of the box. You also can't install Beta 2 that's listed on the site as it's older than 10.0.9

As suggested, Oxygen Updater is the best way to see what updates are actually available and the global firmware is the only one that seems to be updated regularly atm.

It's not an official OnePlus tool but the firmware is referenced and downloaded from OnePlus servers.

Last edited:

biohaz55

Feb 9, 2010
Buxton
The issue is that you have an EU handset likely with EU firmware if you haven't messed around with it yet.

For whatever reason EU updates are pulled back and regularly get behind the global and Indian versions.

I have absolutely no idea of whether there are issues introduced by flashing global firmware but I have had to do so today in order to get to beta 4.

So you have to download Oxygen Updater, go to advanced settings and change your phone to Oneplus 7t (not EU - this will switch to global), switch download option to full beta, download it and flash it as a local update.

There is absolutely no documentation or answers from OnePlus regarding the differences between firmware versions from what I can see.. only speculation from those whom have delved into the update packages and users whom have noticed subtle differences.

Long story short, if you want to try the betas you're better off switching to global at the moment.

Not corrrect..... I have an EU version and OB 4 is available through official updates so no need to convertt to Global at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200523-162213.jpg
    Screenshot_20200523-162213.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 109

Slymobi

Jan 29, 2011
Here
Not on my official webpage !! Open beta 2 is the only option.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200523-180954.jpg
    Screenshot_20200523-180954.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 80

mmotti

Nov 11, 2014
Not corrrect..... I have an EU version and OB 4 is available through official updates so no need to convertt to Global at all.

The Beta was available for a short time for EU and Global, and then it was pulled for both and put back up but not for EU (according to my Oxygen Updater)

https://www.xda-developers.com/onep...14-4-ambient-display-clocks-may-2020-patches/ (See update #1)

I just double checked and even through Oxygen Updater (with Advanced Mode turned on), device set to OnePlus 7T (EU), Open Beta (Full), Only Oxygen OS Open Beta 2 is available (I'm currently back on 10.0.9 EU as I didn't want to be on Global not knowing what the differences are)

Moral of the story is though that there's either inconsistencies across devices, or you received the update before it was pulled, or OnePlus are just utterly useless at update cycles... I believe the latter lol.

Slymobi

Jan 29, 2011
Here
The Beta was available for a short time for EU and Global, and then it was pulled for both and put back up but not for EU (according to my Oxygen Updater)

https://www.xda-developers.com/onep...14-4-ambient-display-clocks-may-2020-patches/ (See update #1)

I just double checked and even through Oxygen Updater (with Advanced Mode turned on), device set to OnePlus 7T (EU), Open Beta (Full), Only Oxygen OS Open Beta 2 is available (I'm currently back on 10.0.9 EU as I didn't want to be on Global not knowing what the differences are)

Moral of the story is though that there's either inconsistencies across devices, or you received the update before it was pulled, or OnePlus are just utterly useless at update cycles... I believe the latter lol.
Haha I love that end analysis ? yeah checked the updater app and experienced the same. I'm okay with the version im on so can wait until they release a beta officially on the UK support pages to try. Again thanks for the responses along with all others that took time to reply. Appreciate it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

D
    Deleted member 5408779
    Thanks for responding, is this an official updater from OnePlus ? Excuse my ignorance but why would this be any better than the official oneplus software update pages ?

Thanks

I don't know why they don't update their website. I guess the easiest way is the updater app.
    Because the website for whatever reason hasn't been updated.

The latest stable EU release on the website seems to be 10.0.7, where in fact your device should have done an ota update to 10.0.9 out of the box. You also can't install Beta 2 that's listed on the site as it's older than 10.0.9

As suggested, Oxygen Updater is the best way to see what updates are actually available and the global firmware is the only one that seems to be updated regularly atm.

It's not an official OnePlus tool but the firmware is referenced and downloaded from OnePlus servers.