FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Difference Between EU & CN Versions

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By Prog_Drummer, Junior Member on 28th November 2019, 09:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could clarify the differences between the CN version of the phone and the EU version. I'm thinking of purchasig a phone from Aliexpress and want to make sure of the diferences first!

I know that the CN version misses the LTE bands 25, 32 & 66 (which only appear to be important in NA) and will need the global rom flashed to it. Are there any other differences?

Thanks for any help!
29th November 2019, 04:00 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello

Although I have no evidence about this, the phone may have been adapted a bit to match with the CN gov requirements. I guess this is related to real time check and the removal of some forbidden features. For exameple, on CN iPhones, iMessage cannot operate audio calls, so the user has to use Wechat call for this (which is totally under control by them).

Sorry for this unprecise answer but by instinct I'd avoid buying stuff from mainland China since the gov involves a bit much in everything there.
2nd December 2019, 05:32 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I bought a CN variant (HD1900) which came flashed with the Global ROM. I used Oxygen Updater to check for latest updates and all done. I think you have to be pragmatic about buying phones / other from China - if the Chinese government want to 'spy' on me, there are easier ways than monitoring which is encrypted and running a VPN all the time. If anyone had any evidence of mis-doing, it would be public knowledge - look how Huawei was affected without any evidence !
2nd December 2019, 07:40 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prog_Drummer

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone could clarify the differences between the CN version of the phone and the EU version. I'm thinking of purchasig a phone from Aliexpress and want to make sure of the diferences first!
I know that the CN version misses the LTE bands 25, 32 & 66 (which only appear to be important in NA) and will need the global rom flashed to it. Are there any other differences?
Thanks for any help!

Those LTE bands and less warranty. That's all the differences.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lupus77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lupus77 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)