FORUMS

EDL mode

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ahmadjuybar, Junior Member on 8th February 2020, 11:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
hi
My phone does not enter EDL mode. When I press and release the volume keys, when I plug in the cable, the mobile charging screen appears and the earphone and Qualcomm are not detected by Windows.
8th February 2020, 02:41 PM |#2  
Flag Johor Bahru
Thanks Meter: 112

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadjuybar

hi
My phone does not enter EDL mode. When I press and release the volume keys, when I plug in the cable, the mobile charging screen appears and the earphone and Qualcomm are not detected by Windows.

You should not release the key before you plugged into your PC.
8th February 2020, 09:02 PM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Why don't you - adb reboot edl ?
The Following User Says Thank You to XD-MOD2-9MM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XD-MOD2-9MM Ad-Free
15th May 2020, 02:41 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadjuybar

hi

My OP7T HD1900 does not go to EDL mode as well. I've tried every possible way of holding the volume =/- then plugging the phone to the PC. It just jumps on to Fastboot mode everytime. Dev tools have been enabled and I've also tried long holding the buttons, not letting go long after I've plugged the phone -- no dice. Also tried the "adb reboot edl" command -- still no go. Hoping somebody's expert advise.
15th May 2020, 04:53 AM |#5  
Westlake, OH
Thanks Meter: 416

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarrab22

My OP7T HD1900 does not go to EDL mode as well. I've tried every possible way of holding the volume =/- then plugging the phone to the PC. It just jumps on to Fastboot mode everytime. Dev tools have been enabled and I've also tried long holding the buttons, not letting go long after I've plugged the phone -- no dice. Also tried the "adb reboot edl" command -- still no go. Hoping somebody's expert advise.

EDL mode doesn't show anything on the screen. You have to detect it with an app on the PC. Just throwing that out there in the event you're expecting to see a screen that says EDL or something.
15th May 2020, 06:17 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocomaox

EDL mode doesn't show anything on the screen. You have to detect it with an app on the PC. Just throwing that out there in the event you're expecting to see a screen that says EDL or something.

You're right. Screen's just supposed to remain black/blank (like it's turned off). But definitely it is not supposed to go on Fastboot display, right?
15th May 2020, 07:14 AM |#7  
Flag Lost
Thanks Meter: 8

More
You can use Magisk to reboot into EDL mode.

Magisk->modules->3 vertical dots->reboot to EDL
15th May 2020, 01:36 PM |#8  
Westlake, OH
Thanks Meter: 416

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarrab22

You're right. Screen's just supposed to remain black/blank (like it's turned off). But definitely it is not supposed to go on Fastboot display, right?

It shouldn't go to Fastboot. That means it's not working right.
29th June 2020, 03:12 AM |#9  
Flag Farnborough
Thanks Meter: 734

Donate to Me
More
Do you need an unlocked bootloader to enter EDL mode?
29th June 2020, 11:00 AM |#10  
Flag Mwanza
Thanks Meter: 931

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyjay

Do you need an unlocked bootloader to enter EDL mode?

Nop
29th June 2020, 01:35 PM |#11  
Flag Oberhausen (NRW) Gemany
Thanks Meter: 40

More
For edl mode shutdown the oneplus 7t
After this press and hold the voll + and voll - and putt in the usb cable but keep pressing the two buttons
And start the msm tool.
the op7t should be found by the edl tool, if not click on ensure.

and don't release the two buttons until you press the start button in the edl tool, otherwise the op7t will automatically exit the edl mode after a while (approx. 10 seconds)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)