FORUMS

OnePlus 7T on Google Fi

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By senron, Junior Member on 1st April 2020, 03:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Has anyone activated a OP 7T on Google Fi recently? If so, does it work well and does WiFI calling work?
3rd April 2020, 08:08 AM |#2  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have activated my OnePlus 7T on Google Fi and have been using it for about 2 or 3 months now. I'm not sure about the WiFi calling, I don't see an option for it in the Google Fi app, and I don't see an option for it in System Settings anywhere. I can tell you that you can't install Google's Phone app. I don't know why, it shows up in my Play Store Library, but I don't have the option to install it. Service is still good. Sometimes calls do take time to actually start dialing and there are a few locations in my area between cities where my service will drop but the radius that I lose service in is rather small. I didn't have the service dropping issues with my Pixel on Google Fi.
3rd April 2020, 11:46 AM |#3  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucardetat

I have activated my OnePlus 7T on Google Fi and have been using it for about 2 or 3 months now. I'm not sure about the WiFi calling, I don't see an option for it in the Google Fi app, and I don't see an option for it in System Settings anywhere. I can tell you that you can't install Google's Phone app. I don't know why, it shows up in my Play Store Library, but I don't have the option to install it. Service is still good. Sometimes calls do take time to actually start dialing and there are a few locations in my area between cities where my service will drop but the radius that I lose service in is rather small. I didn't have the service dropping issues with my Pixel on Google Fi.

I switch back and forth between my Pixel 4 XL and My OnePlus 7T, and I also use Googe Fi. If you're rooted, you can download the google framework magisk module. I then downloaded the google phone app from apkmirror, and set it as default phone app. I also have the WiFi Calling option in the Google Fi settings. WiFi calling is funny like that with Google Fi though. for me, the only time that I actually know that I'm on a WiFi call is when I see the WiFi icon on the connected call screen of the phone app. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200403-062602.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	4985145  
3rd April 2020, 06:12 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,558

Donate to Me
More
Yep, not google fi here, but using the google phone app. Install the google dialer framework magisk module. Then you should be able to get google phone from the play store. Make sure you go to google phone's app info and allow "display over other apps" or else the chat bubble (whatever it's actually called) won't work. I have it set as the phone app, and the oneplus one disabled.

The oneplus dialer is better suited for dual sim calling though :\
22nd May 2020, 07:09 PM |#5  
Flag New England
Thanks Meter: 7

More
So I've got a OnePlus 7T and wifi calling had been great for several months. I just noticed today that it wasn't working, and the option is suddenly gone from my Fi app options. Has anyone else experienced this?

That said, if you need wifi calling I may hold off on switching until someone else can verify that there's is ok.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)