FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

No pocket mode available?

504 posts
Thanks Meter: 162

By SergioA, Senior Member on 7th November 2019, 09:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Incremental rollout of OxygenOS 10.0.5 for the OnePlus 7T is being released, but still no pocket mode available...
A little disappointed, this feature for me is a MUST and was available with my trusty 6T!
Now my brand new 7T in my pocket has its own crazy life, sends garbage messages, initiates phone calls, etc. etc.
Hope pocket mode will return soon......
In the meantime, has anyone found an app/solution to mitigate the problem?
TIA

Inviato dal mio HD1903 utilizzando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to SergioA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SergioA Ad-Free
7th November 2019, 09:54 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2,267

More
Here too, I miss that option. Fortunately I use a bookcover and have no problems. But if I just use a case, the phone will do crazy things in my pocket
The Following User Says Thank You to abalam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abalam Ad-Free
7th November 2019, 10:36 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abalam

Here too, I miss that option. Fortunately I use a bookcover and have no problems. But if I just use a case, the phone will do crazy things in my pocket

Sometimes I laugh at the garbage that is randomly composed in WhatsApp or the SMS application while the phone is in my pocket, fortunately for now it has not been sent (yet...)

Seriously speaking it is a big drawback, considering that the option was available in the settings of the older 6T; I'm sure it was so in Android 9, if I'm not wrong it disappeared in the first beta of Android 10, but I've sold the phone and cannot confirm...

7th November 2019, 10:44 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
It's because the phone does not have a real proximity sensor inside. It's only a virtual one. So that sensor cannot be used for pocket Mode.
Perhaps OP finds another way for the pocket Mode.
7th November 2019, 10:49 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppo

It's because the phone does not have a real proximity sensor inside. It's only a virtual one. So that sensor cannot be used for pocket Mode.
Perhaps OP finds another way for the pocket Mode.

Do you mean that 6T had it and 7T not? Don't think so, if I'm not wrong I've seen a YouTube video of a 7T disassembled and the proximity sensor was behind the screen just under the front camera...

7th November 2019, 11:13 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppo

Take a look here:
https://piunikaweb.com/2019/06/13/on...or-gets-buggy/

Wow, thanks for the link!
I'm curious about what kind of sensor was used in the 6T, same hidden feature, but reliable pocket mode...

7th November 2019, 11:47 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
In the meantime, I've found WaveUp in the Play Store that locks the screen if the proximity sensor is covered, it is free and open source, I give it a try and let you know! Link below:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...android.waveup

8th November 2019, 01:38 AM |#9  
Flag Saline, MI
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I use Gravity Screen, have been for a while now on different phones. It has a bunch of settings that you can tweak based on usage. I have it set to turn off the screen using the gravity sensor instead of proximity, triggering when the phone is turned at least 60 degrees upside down. Then just put it in my pocket with the top down. The app works really well and doesn't seem to have much impact on battery.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...yscreenofffree
The Following User Says Thank You to bjs339 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bjs339 Ad-Free
8th November 2019, 09:49 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2,267

More
If those apps from playstore work, then pocketmode should also work if they put this function back in it.
The Following User Says Thank You to abalam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abalam Ad-Free
8th November 2019, 11:20 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abalam

If those apps from playstore work, then pocketmode should also work if they put this function back in it.

You're perfectly right, and I also hate to load the phone with apps that do what should be available (and were on the previous model) by default!
C'mon Oneplus, give us less models but better support!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)